BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan turbo

04-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #1
heart_doctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Dinan turbo

As I sit here in the dealership getting my break in service done I am thinking about the dinan big turbo upgrade...

I bought the car with the m performance package which includes the performance exhaust which I love. I do not want to get the entire s2 package but am looking to get the turbo, intercooler, intake and the stage 4 tune.

If you don't combine it with the dinan exhaust is that a big deal?? Does performance suffer? Will they allow you the get the stage 4 tune without the exhaust?
      04-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart_doctor View Post

If you don't combine it with the dinan exhaust is that a big deal?? Does performance suffer? Will they allow you the get the stage 4 tune without the exhaust?
The exhaust claims 6 bhp so no, performance won't suffer. You can get the stage 4 without exhaust. You'll need to get the intercooler also.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

I have that set-up, myself. Power package without the exhaust. I did add a catted downpipe from Fabspeed, though. Highly recommend that piece, from both a power and aural perspective .

I might gild the lily with the Dinan exhaust some day, though. In my view, that's the best value out there for an exhaust, per dollar spent.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

I'm definitely interested in hearing the responses to this because I was interested in finding out if I can get their big turbo and just their tuner without anything else because I'm FBO right now and if I can keep my pieces I already installed I would love too. Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

You can install just the turbo and tune if you have an upgraded intercooler
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
You can install just the turbo and tune if you have an upgraded intercooler
Yeah I have an upgraded intercooler, catless dp, Chargepipe, intake, and exhaust. So that's why I wanted to know if I could just get the upgraded turbo. I want the efficiency and reliability of a good turbo upgrade. I keep hearing horror stories of different turbo upgrades and I hear this is the most reliable. I don't need the extra hp other turbos claim to get I just definitely want the reliability if so far that has been the case with these turbo upgrades. Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Dynamic View Post
Yeah I have an upgraded intercooler, catless dp, Chargepipe, intake, and exhaust. So that's why I wanted to know if I could just get the upgraded turbo. I want the efficiency and reliability of a good turbo upgrade.
You will have to get the dinatronics piggy back too. I think you know this, but I just wanted to say it here. Without it, or some other custom tune, things would be out of wack.
Appreciate 0