BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > First....

02-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #23
M2 Maybe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2002 View Post
I have a DCT LBB car. My do-over would've been to get the manual LBB is a great color! It's a different blue in different lighting conditions
Today I'm thinking the manual and LBB. I think the DCT will keep it's value over the manual on resale so I don't think you're actually saving $2900 by buying the manual.....just a matter of which I would rather drive. So are you dissatisfied with the DCT or just think you would enjoy shifting yourself more?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #24
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Maybe View Post
Quote:
I have a DCT LBB car. My do-over would've been to get the manual LBB is a great color! It's a different blue in different lighting conditions
Today I'm thinking the manual and LBB. I think the DCT will keep it's value over the manual on resale so I don't think you're actually saving $2900 by buying the manual.....just a matter of which I would rather drive. So are you dissatisfied with the DCT or just think you would enjoy shifting yourself more?
Oh the DCT is brilliant. I initially thought I would use it as my DD (hence DCT), but my wife works at the same place as I do, so we just take her car.

As a compromise, I just shift manually in the DCT and never leave it on Auto mode. Just feel you get a better understanding of the power curves when you shift yourself
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #25
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Waitlist where? Spring's 'round the corner
BMW Northwest in Fife. I'm keeping my eyes out for one on the ground though. I'm sixth on the list at BMW NW
      02-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #26
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
Quote:
Waitlist where? Spring's 'round the corner
BMW Northwest in Fife. I'm keeping my eyes out for one on the ground though. I'm sixth on the list at BMW NW
Got mine from there as well! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #27
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRufo View Post
Quote:
Nice! I'll be at the ridge in May for sure. I'll look into HOD or Turn 2, since May is too far away!

Definitely interested in Laguna Seca also. Perhaps one of these seasons I'll tag along.

Have been lazy about pads/fluid/lines, waiting for drier weather so I can work on the car.
For sure. Post up if you register and I'll try and make it up!
SIgning up for the ridge with ACNA for May 21! First event in the new car... need to get my brakes sorted in the coming month and I'll be good to go!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #28
MRufo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Awesome! I'm going to Orp for a two day event second week in April.
I'll talk to the wifey and see if I can get up there on the 21st!
I got my fluid changed and have my Pagids... just haven't installed them yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:18 PM   #29
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRufo View Post
Awesome! I'm going to Orp for a two day event second week in April.
I'll talk to the wifey and see if I can get up there on the 21st!
I got my fluid changed and have my Pagids... just haven't installed them yet.
Sorry, it's the 20th for a single day. I can't swing both days, but I'm registered for the single day (only that Sat, May 20 is available for single day registration). But once you hit Motorsportreg, it should be clear.

Hope you can make it!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #30
SonOfWMB
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Hi,

I'm located in Spokane. I'm first on the list at BMW of Spokane for an M2. I put down a deposit last fall. I want to do a European Delivery this fall, and I want a 2018 M2 with the LCI, so need a build date after July. They have promised MSRP (with Euro-deliver discount). Still undecided on any port-installed performance parts.

They offered me a shot at the Performance Edition M2 that's coming in a few weeks, but my heart is set on Euro-delivery and LBB.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #31
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWMB View Post
Hi,

I'm located in Spokane. I'm first on the list at BMW of Spokane for an M2. I put down a deposit last fall. I want to do a European Delivery this fall, and I want a 2018 M2 with the LCI, so need a build date after July. They have promised MSRP (with Euro-deliver discount). Still undecided on any port-installed performance parts.

They offered me a shot at the Performance Edition M2 that's coming in a few weeks, but my heart is set on Euro-delivery and LBB.
Nice! Welcome.

For port installed accessories, I only got the exhaust. But other stuff you can install yourself and save a few bucks to spend on your ED trip, instead!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #32
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'm next up for an allocation at BMW NW (next one would be May at the soonest), but at this point will probably hold out for an allocation for a MY18. If they don't get an allocation in May it will likely be an '18 production anyway. Hope to have a car by late summer!
      05-02-2017, 11:49 PM   #33
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Quote:
I'm next up for an allocation at BMW NW (next one would be May at the soonest), but at this point will probably hold out for an allocation for a MY18. If they don't get an allocation in May it will likely be an '18 production anyway. Hope to have a car by late summer!
Any idea how many there are behind you? Considering an M2 as my next but don't know how all the NW dealers are doing on allocations. I might call around.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #34
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Any idea how many there are behind you? Considering an M2 as my next but don't know how all the NW dealers are doing on allocations. I might call around.
No idea. When I got on the list last fall I was #8. I jumped up to #1 last month after being told I was still #4 in March. I think some people on the list bailed out or found a car somewhere else. Still fingers crossed for a MY18 production slot offer this month.

Contact Jimmy Barber at BMW NW. He's the guy maintaining the allocation waitlist.
TWiTCHY373.50
      05-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #35
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWMB View Post
Hi,

Are you working with Tyler Snook out there? He was my SA when I got on their list. I was #1 from the beginning, but after 8 months they still hadn't gotten a single allocation. I jumped on one I found in Montgomery Alabama, and then THREE days later Tyler called me with their first allocation. He's a good dude.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #36
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Which of the WA state BMW dealers are charging MSRP for these? Bellevue is $5k over MSRP
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #37
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Which of the WA state BMW dealers are charging MSRP for these? Bellevue is $5k over MSRP
I believe any except Bellevue.
Appreciate 1
TWiTCHY373.50
      05-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #38
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Both Seattle BMW and BMW Northwest committed to MSRP when I started looking last fall. BMW NW had a shorter list, so I went with them.

BMW Bellevue wanted MSRP + $5k as noted above, and was very dodgey about whether they were actually keeping a list. I bought a 328i from them back in 2011, but wouldn't do business with them again.
nd2002178.50
      05-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #39
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Both Seattle BMW and BMW Northwest committed to MSRP when I started looking last fall. BMW NW had a shorter list, so I went with them.

BMW Bellevue wanted MSRP + $5k as noted above, and was very dodgey about whether they were actually keeping a list. I bought a 328i from them back in 2011, but wouldn't do business with them again.
You're absolutely correct about Bellevue. Two Sales guys told me two different things about the list just today. The first one told me there was no list, and that the allocation essentially goes to whomever is "most proactive". The second guy was my go-to Sales associate I work with, and he told me there was a wait list of nearly 30 people and a 6-10 month wait. It's a shame they insist on the $5k premium. I wish they would change their ways so I could work my Sales associate...

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into other dealers in the area.

Last edited by TWiTCHY; 05-03-2017 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 01:28 AM   #40
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You're absolutely correct about Bellevue. Two Sales guys told me two different things about the list just today. The first one told me there was no list, and that the allocation essentially goes to whomever is "most proactive". The second guy was my go-to Sales associate I work with, and he told me there was a wait list of nearly 30 people and a 6-10 month wait. It's a shame they insist on the $5k premium. I wish they would change their ways so I could work my Sales associate...

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into other dealers in the area.
They're the worst. I was cross-shopping BMW and Audi ~6 years ago for my previous car, and they flat out lied about power figures to me. "Oh, this one has 25 more hp..". I had to correct the dude and walk out. Bunch of idiots.

For the M2, they tried to quote me $36 EACH (L and R) for the 2 stupid foam weather strips that go in the door jamb area. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 01:18 AM   #41
LA_M2
Private
Rep
Drives: Black M2

Not sure how Bellevue stays in business. Complete assh..les who work there. I've been there several times negotiating for friends or shopping myself. Not sure how they can sell any cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #42
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_M2 View Post
Not sure how Bellevue stays in business. Complete assh..les who work there. I've been there several times negotiating for friends or shopping myself. Not sure how they can sell any cars.
I've got a friend who picked up a CPO X3 a month or so ago from that shop. Her salesman told me that they've changed their "business model" recently, such that there is no negotiation any more on any car for sale. Only haggle left is trade-in, if any.

He also told me that "we don't really have a waitlist for the M2."

Whatever. Glad I got what I got where I got it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 12:28 AM   #43
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

So it appears that I have picked up someone else's build slot that goes into production very soon. The guy that had it opted for MY18 instead. Sales guy at BMW Seattle estimates it will be delivered in 8-10 weeks. PM me if you're interested in picking it up because I will be letting it go. I just can't afford it right now and was not expecting to get in so quickly. Current config is LBB, 6MT, Exec, CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #44
SonOfWMB
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Are you working with Tyler Snook out there? He was my SA when I got on their list. I was #1 from the beginning, but after 8 months they still hadn't gotten a single allocation. I jumped on one I found in Montgomery Alabama, and then THREE days later Tyler called me with their first allocation. He's a good dude.
Yes. I'm working with Tyler. Still got my fingers crossed for something in the next couple of months.
Appreciate 0