BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Dealer Experience - M2 ED Deposit

11-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #23
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
well a deposit means whatever is written that it means. I would suggest if you want it to mean something you draft up a little letter yourself and have him sign it.....or ask their office to write up a letter specifying what the deposit is and the terms.

Once signed or agreed upon; it becomes whatever you agree upon.

I have left deposits on cars before and have specified what the deposit is for and they handwrote those things on the receipt for the deposit.
Thanks! I have emailed them after that last email that I will be coming by tomorrow to give the deposit, and to have a letter stating what it's for. Let's see what they have in it, if not I will get them amend it or no deposit.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #24
michelito
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 400.03.325ci

Here's my exchange with my sales guy:

Me: So the new M2 is being unveiled today. Let me know when you get pricing info. Do I need to go on a waiting list to get one?

Him: If you want one, best thing to do is put you on the waiting list; doesn't commit you to anything until you choose options and color; only then will I take a deposit.

Me: OK thanks - put me on the list please. How far down the list will I be?

Him: Done. #3

Me: Thanks!

Now I'm just praying the price isn't majorly inflated because of the weak Canadian Dollar
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #25
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

I ended up doing the $500 deposit. I have #2 spot for dealer allocation, and #1 if ED is offered (without impacting dealer allocation) . I got it all in writing. Now, the wait begins.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #26
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBeamer View Post
I ended up doing the $500 deposit. I have #2 spot for dealer allocation, and #1 if ED is offered (without impacting dealer allocation) . I got it all in writing. Now, the wait begins.
If you are buying ED the car comes out of dealer allocation.

Say the dealer will get 3 cars for the year. The dealer can choose to do ED or not from those 3 allocations he gets.

This is my understanding of how it works. Doing a ED does come out of a dealer allocation though.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #27
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBeamer View Post
If you are buying ED the car comes out of dealer allocation.

Say the dealer will get 3 cars for the year. The dealer can choose to do ED or not from those 3 allocations he gets.

This is my understanding of how it works. Doing a ED does come out of a dealer allocation though.
If you're willing to pay the difference, like paying US msrp, to take delivery in Munich, I'm sure the dealer would comply.