BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > F87 M2 Exhaust Options. What do you have? Share!

Closed Thread

06-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
Dan@AutoTalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

F87 M2 Exhaust Options. What do you have? Share!

Looking forward to what you guys have on your car and please feel free to show off pictures and sound clips!

Frequency Intelligent Exhaust System For BMW M2 F87 2015+

Year: 2015+

Engine: N55 Engine 3.0L

Included with Exhaust System
:
Front Pipe
Mid X-Pipe
Valvetronic Muffler
Quad Silver Tips | Tip Size:
Remote Control Systems Module

Optional:

Quad Tips in Titanium Blue, Diamond Black, Gold or Carbon Fiber
OBD2/Mobile APP remote Control System Module
Downpipe

Akrapovic Exhaust System

Akrapovic has constructed a complete Evolution Line Exhaust System for the F87 M2, manufactured entirely from their ultra-lightweight proprietary titanium alloy, which introduces enhancements to the exhaust design not found in the stock system. One of the most important enhancements is its ability to increase the M2's power-to-weight ratio and handling characteristics.

The system dramatically reduces backpressure and is an excellent starting point for further engine tuning or turbo modifications. Even when installed on an otherwise stock vehicle, a gain of 9 horsepower and 7.2 Nm of torque are achieved. Furthermore, a weight reduction of 6.1kg/13 lbs. is realized. The OEM catalysts are retained, so no reflashing of the ECU is required and the check engine light will not be triggered.

Features
- Titanium link pipe set with resonators
- Titanium muffler with integrated exhaust valves
- Quad Matte Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips

Hard facts
- Plus 9 HP (at 6,150 rpm)
- Plus 7.2 Nm (at 5,150 rpm)
- 6.1 kg/13 lbs. lighter than stock

Remus SPORT Exhaust for 2016+ BMW M2

Benefits:

Meet the expectations of a BMW M owner, by increasing the sound of your M2 with a unique Remus exhaust sound.
Make an AMG go OMG! when driving pass them due to the increase of power provided by the Remus exhaust.
Use the noise of the Remus exhaust to switch lanes...since turn signals are not included in your BMW.

Features:

Tube diameter is made to accommodate engine specs
Stainless steel mandrel bent to achieve increased airflow and less back pressure
Comes with a additional BMW actuator and Y-cable for connecting both actuators to the onboard electronics system
No vehicle modifications need to be made
3-year warranty against manufacturer defects
Corrosion resistant finish to guarantee long-term quality

BMW M Performance Titanium Exhaust System

This BMW M Performance exhaust system for the F87 M2 is made from 100% titanium. Titanium is much lighter, stronger and more heat resistant than the factory exhaust system. Being a factory BMW accessory it fits perfectly, sounds phenomenal and is crafted with exceptional quality.

The sound is mildly more aggressive than the stock exhaust with a slightly more throaty note. This exhaust will wake up the stock M2 personality with a better sound and improved flow. If you feel the stock exhaust is just too quiet, then this is a great option without going overboard.

On top of the enhanced sound, this exhaust system comes with a Bluetooth controlled flap system, which allows you to adjust the sound level to your needs.

Features:
- 100% Titanium
- Quad Titanium Exhaust Tips
- Bluetooth Controlled Flap System

BMW M2 (F87) Muffler Bypass Exhaust System

Product Details:

Up the aggression and drop weight while unleashing the visceral tones of the BMW F87 M2 with Fabspeed's wildly popular Muffler Bypass Exhaust; now available with multiple tip options!

There are loud exhausts and there are great sounding exhausts. When you have a loud AND great sounding system... it's pure perfection! The M2 has a great voice to match the power it produces, and we wanted to let it sing. Our Muffler Bypass Exhaust System deletes the rear muffler, shedding 14 lbs in the process. This is an exhaust for those who like it aggressive. Expect an intoxicating and menacing barrage of pops and crackles upon deceleration. In-cabin tone is very reasonable, though, and even with our Sport Cat Downpipe installed it still remains a daily-drivable (and daily-enjoyable) setup.

FEATURES:

Fits all BMW F87 M2 vehicles
Saves 14 lbs from the rear of the vehicle
Will make everyone you know envious of the glorious sound errupting from your BMW
Constructed from 14-16ga T304L 3"-2.5" stainless steel tubing in house at Fabspeed Motorsport
Choose between Brushed Single Wall Stainless Steel, Polished Chrome, and Black Chrome tips
All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty
NOTE: Installation requires cutting the factory exhaust near a factory break point. Everything required for installation is included. The Fabspeed system installs quickly over the factory piping using the included Torca clamp. Reinstallation of the factory rear muffler (for our friends with leased vehicles) is quick and easy!

Last edited by Dan@AutoTalent; 06-14-2018 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
m2rs4_official
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@AutoTalent View Post

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="5"]Looking forward to what you guys have on your car and please feel free to show off pictures and sound clips![/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Frequency Intelligent Exhaust System For BMW M2 F87 2015+

[IMG]http://www.fi-exhaust.com/images/pro...oupe_f87_1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.fi-exhaust.com/images/pro...oupe_f87_6.jpg[/IMG]

Year: 2015+

Engine: N55 Engine 3.0L

Included with Exhaust System
:
Front Pipe
Mid X-Pipe
Valvetronic Muffler
Quad Silver Tips | Tip Size:
Remote Control Systems Module

Optional:

Quad Tips in Titanium Blue, Diamond Black, Gold or Carbon Fiber
OBD2/Mobile APP remote Control System Module
Downpipe

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Akrapovic Exhaust System

[img]https://akcms.azurewebsites.net/Data...#38;format=jpg[/img]

Akrapovic has constructed a complete Evolution Line Exhaust System for the F87 M2, manufactured entirely from their ultra-lightweight proprietary titanium alloy, which introduces enhancements to the exhaust design not found in the stock system. One of the most important enhancements is its ability to increase the M2's power-to-weight ratio and handling characteristics.

The system dramatically reduces backpressure and is an excellent starting point for further engine tuning or turbo modifications. Even when installed on an otherwise stock vehicle, a gain of 9 horsepower and 7.2 Nm of torque are achieved. Furthermore, a weight reduction of 6.1kg/13 lbs. is realized. The OEM catalysts are retained, so no reflashing of the ECU is required and the check engine light will not be triggered.

Features
- Titanium link pipe set with resonators
- Titanium muffler with integrated exhaust valves
- Quad Matte Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips

Hard facts
- Plus 9 HP (at 6,150 rpm)
- Plus 7.2 Nm (at 5,150 rpm)
- 6.1 kg/13 lbs. lighter than stock
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Remus SPORT Exhaust for 2016+ BMW M2

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Benefits:

Meet the expectations of a BMW M owner, by increasing the sound of your M2 with a unique Remus exhaust sound.
Make an AMG go OMG! when driving pass them due to the increase of power provided by the Remus exhaust.
Use the noise of the Remus exhaust to switch lanes...since turn signals are not included in your BMW.

Features:

Tube diameter is made to accommodate engine specs
Stainless steel mandrel bent to achieve increased airflow and less back pressure
Comes with a additional BMW actuator and Y-cable for connecting both actuators to the onboard electronics system
No vehicle modifications need to be made
3-year warranty against manufacturer defects
Corrosion resistant finish to guarantee long-term quality
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

BMW M Performance Titanium Exhaust System

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

This BMW M Performance exhaust system for the F87 M2 is made from 100% titanium. Titanium is much lighter, stronger and more heat resistant than the factory exhaust system. Being a factory BMW accessory it fits perfectly, sounds phenomenal and is crafted with exceptional quality.

The sound is mildly more aggressive than the stock exhaust with a slightly more throaty note. This exhaust will wake up the stock M2 personality with a better sound and improved flow. If you feel the stock exhaust is just too quiet, then this is a great option without going overboard.

On top of the enhanced sound, this exhaust system comes with a Bluetooth controlled flap system, which allows you to adjust the sound level to your needs.

Features:
- 100% Titanium
- Quad Titanium Exhaust Tips
- Bluetooth Controlled Flap System

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

BMW M2 (F87) Muffler Bypass Exhaust System

[img]https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server6...0.1280.jpg?c=2[/img]

Product Details:

Up the aggression and drop weight while unleashing the visceral tones of the BMW F87 M2 with Fabspeed's wildly popular Muffler Bypass Exhaust; now available with multiple tip options!

There are loud exhausts and there are great sounding exhausts. When you have a loud AND great sounding system... it's pure perfection! The M2 has a great voice to match the power it produces, and we wanted to let it sing. Our Muffler Bypass Exhaust System deletes the rear muffler, shedding 14 lbs in the process. This is an exhaust for those who like it aggressive. Expect an intoxicating and menacing barrage of pops and crackles upon deceleration. In-cabin tone is very reasonable, though, and even with our Sport Cat Downpipe installed it still remains a daily-drivable (and daily-enjoyable) setup.

FEATURES:

Fits all BMW F87 M2 vehicles
Saves 14 lbs from the rear of the vehicle
Will make everyone you know envious of the glorious sound errupting from your BMW
Constructed from 14-16ga T304L 3"-2.5" stainless steel tubing in house at Fabspeed Motorsport
Choose between Brushed Single Wall Stainless Steel, Polished Chrome, and Black Chrome tips
All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty
NOTE: Installation requires cutting the factory exhaust near a factory break point. Everything required for installation is included. The Fabspeed system installs quickly over the factory piping using the included Torca clamp. Reinstallation of the factory rear muffler (for our friends with leased vehicles) is quick and easy!

Run the First Exhaust System... actually run them on all my vehicles. lol

decently priced both at my distribution and retail price

Proud owner of Amelia & Rae. Yes, I named my vehicles
2018 BMW M2 LCI (Wedge Performance Tuned + Pure Turbo Stg 2 Upgrade)
2019 Audi RS4 Advant
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 12:12 AM   #3
Dan@AutoTalent
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia.f87m2 View Post

Would love to see and hear your car!
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2018, 01:31 AM   #4
m2rs4_official
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia.f87m2 View Post

Would love to see and hear your car!
Well I've just started our five day public holiday and will look at doin some decent videos.

For now hope my Instagram link suffices temporarily

[COLOR="DarkRed"][/COLOR]

Proud owner of Amelia & Rae. Yes, I named my vehicles
2018 BMW M2 LCI (Wedge Performance Tuned + Pure Turbo Stg 2 Upgrade)
2019 Audi RS4 Advant
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
ICantDrive4Sht
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Competition

Active Autowerke catless, 2 quick shots.

06-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
Dan@AutoTalent
United_States
Rep

That must sound like a beast o_o
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #7
Dan@AutoTalent
United_States
Rep

M2 Remus exhaust installed on our customer's car!

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
M2 Remus exhaust installed on our customer's car!

That's me
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #9
LindsayEOD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3MC

Here is my M2 with the Remus Sport catback. If anyone has any questions, I am more than happy to answer.

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #10
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 991.2 Porsche GT3, BMW E46 M3

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
FS Catted Downpipe with Dinan Resonator Delete and Dinan Free Flow Exhaust.

07-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #11
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

I have the Fabspeed muffler bypass exhaust and their sport cat DP. Both have been recently installed over the past 1.5 months. The combination sounds awesome and the videos online don't do it justice. Very deep down lows and it roars up top. Add to it the extended overrun of my HEX tune in Sport +, and throttle release sounds like the battle of Fullujah!!

I am in the process of dealing with some fitment issues though unfortunately. The installed tips hang at too much of a downward angle. Fabspeed thinks it actually might be caused from the downpipe and not the exhaust itself. From what I understand they updated the jig for the exhaust a while back for better fitment. Hopefully they will contact my shop directly and talk to the mechanic who installed both to try and get this solved. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt in the mean time that they will find the most painless solution to the problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 01:01 PM   #12
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan King View Post
I have the Fabspeed muffler bypass exhaust and their sport cat DP. Both have been recently installed over the past 1.5 months. The combination sounds awesome and the videos online don't do it justice. Very deep down lows and it roars up top. Add to it the extended overrun of my HEX tune in Sport +, and throttle release sounds like the battle of Fullujah!!

I am in the process of dealing with some fitment issues though unfortunately. The installed tips hang at too much of a downward angle. Fabspeed thinks it actually might be caused from the downpipe and not the exhaust itself. From what I understand they updated the jig for the exhaust a while back for better fitment. Hopefully they will contact my shop directly and talk to the mechanic who installed both to try and get this solved. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt in the mean time that they will find the most painless solution to the problem.
I had that setup and regret it 1000 times. Fitment issues were a PITA and the drone around 3k RPMs was awful.

Went thru two Exhaust Bypasses and 6 months of back and forward to get a refund.

If I had to go do it all over again would have done the Dinan setup since day one. Hope you get the fitment issues resolved.
      07-04-2018, 01:04 PM   #13
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2 View Post
I had that setup and regret it 1000 times. Fitment issues were a PITA and the drone around 3k RPMs was awful.

Went thru two Exhaust Bypasses and 6 months of back and forward to get a refund.

If I had to go do it all over again would have done the Dinan setup since day one. Hope you get the fitment issues resolved.
You had one of the original exhausts when they first released it right? Were your fitment issues similar to mine, or different problems?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 01:13 PM   #14
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan King View Post
Quote:

You had one of the original exhausts when they first released it right? Were your fitment issues similar to mine, or different problems?
I was probably the second or third to post on the forums about it although they claimed to have sold about 50 systems at that time.

Haven't followed what issues you personally had.

Page 6-8 document of my thread documented my issues.

MY2017 LBB 6Speed - From Rolex 24 to Performance Center Delivery https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1304204
      07-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #15
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep

Quote:
I was probably the second or third to post on the forums about it although they claimed to have sold about 50 systems at that time.

Haven't followed what issues you personally had.

Page 6-8 document of my thread documented my issues.

MY2017 LBB 6Speed - From Rolex 24 to Performance Center Delivery https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1304204
Just finished reading the insane hassle you had with this setup. I noticed this occurred over a year ago and am hoping I don't get stuck down this same rabbit hole since they have had all this time to fix these issues.

I personally don't have any of the centering issues you did, my only issue is the tips are angled down about a 1/2" to low and there is no clearance behind the connection to the mid pipe to allow for something like shorter hangers. Bringing the hangers higher in my situation forces the midpipe into the heat shielding. I am assuming their concerns with their DP might be forcing this unusual angle situation at the tail end of the car. I hope to hear more from them after the holiday.

BTW, does your Dinan exhaust have a similar volume output to the FB muffler bypass or is it quieter?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #16
Happy Motoring
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
FS Catted Downpipe with Dinan Resonator Delete and Dinan Free Flow Exhaust.
Did you do the dp and exhaust at once or separate?
If separate, how much louder did it get? I know videos can never convey the actual loudness cus I listened to multiple clips of Dinan exhaust with resonator delete clips before getting mine and it's much louder than the videos.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #17
NJ Drive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Does anyone know if the Fabspeed muffler delete can be used in conjunction with the Dinan resonator delete pipe?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread