BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > CCB gold calipers onto OEM 380/370 steel rotors

06-20-2018, 04:19 AM   #1
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

CCB gold calipers onto OEM 380/370 steel rotors

Folks,

Keen to know if anyone has done CCB 6pot/4pot caliper upgrade on standard steel rotors - wanting to keep my car's brakes 513m/640m compatible ?

TIA,

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

I looked in to it a while back but I'm not sure there's a decent pad (that isn't CC) out there that works in the caliper for use with oem steel rotors.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Yes, it's been done by a few forum members but it requires boring out M5 rotors and fabricating a few custom brackets

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=884981

It might just be worth waiting for the M2C brakes to come out as M Performance parts in a few months instead of trying to do all that custom fab work.

M2C brake components will literally just be plug and play and if you really wanted to you could still buy gold CCB calipers and just use the pads and rotors etc. from the M2C. If it were me, I would just wait for the M2C parts to come out.
Appreciate 1
M2C_PLUS1774.00
      06-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishUK View Post
I looked in to it a while back but I'm not sure there's a decent pad (that isn't CC) out there that works in the caliper for use with oem steel rotors.
M2c sport BBK or MPBBK will give viable OE pad set for steel discs

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #5
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Yes, it's been done by a few forum members but it requires boring out M5 rotors and fabricating a few custom brackets

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=884981

It might just be worth waiting for the M2C brakes to come out as M Performance parts in a few months instead of trying to do all that custom fab work.

M2C brake components will literally just be plug and play and if you really wanted to you could still buy gold CCB calipers and just use the pads and rotors etc. from the M2C. If it were me, I would just wait for the M2C parts to come out.
Yes but 19" only for m2C sport BBK or Mpbbk

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Quote:
Isn't M2C caliper the same as the new F90 M5 caliper? (front anyway) and different to current gold ccb caliper currently available for M3/4? Maybe pad will be a good fit?? If you know for certain then would be good to know as I would buy a set of gold 6 pots now and pick up the pads once they become available.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks like they have made a new pad for the M2C bbk. The pad in the ccb gold calliper fills the length of the caliper, on the red caliper you can see that the pad doesn't occupy the entire gap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #8
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Isn't M2C caliper the same as the new F90 M5 caliper? (front anyway) and different to current gold ccb caliper currently available for M3/4? Maybe pad will be a good fit?? If you know for certain then would be good to know as I would buy a set of gold 6 pots now and pick up the pads once they become available.
Red Mpbbk calipers on m2c look like gold ccb calipers. F90 calipers look different

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #9
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Red Mpbbk calipers on m2c look like gold ccb calipers. F90 calipers look different
Agreed. I think I read the stock caliper on M2C was the same one that appears on new M5. I take it the M2C bbk upgrade (the red caliper) is a different caliper (same as current gold ccb) and not just the stock caliper painted red?
Stock on M2C is four pot/two pot right? (but a new style caliper vs the ones we currently have).
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #10
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Agreed. I think I read the stock caliper on M2C was the same one that appears on new M5. I take it the M2C bbk upgrade (the red caliper) is a different caliper (same as current gold ccb) and not just the stock caliper painted red?
Stock on M2C is four pot/two pot right? (but a new style caliper vs the ones we currently have).
Bish

M2C Bog standard brakes are same as m2 380/370 discs and blue 4+2 calipers

Factory M sport grey 6p/4p calipers with 400/380 discs

Dealer fit Mpbbk - as per above but with red calipers

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
M2C_PLUS1774.00
      06-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #11
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bish

M2C Bog standard brakes are same as m2 380/370 discs and blue 4+2 calipers

Factory M sport grey 6p/4p calipers with 400/380 discs

Dealer fit Mpbbk - as per above but with red calipers
Excellent, got it and thanks for clarifying BP.
Appreciate 0