BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > How many actual M2s delivered to forum members!

06-25-2016, 02:53 AM   #23
pup73
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87BMW View Post
I know of 3 in Pittsburgh alone, including mine.
Agreed; I should have clarified. There are at least 4-5 in the Philadelphia area that are active members on the forums here.

-c
2005 Honda S2000-mostly stock
1994 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo-barely stock
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:01 AM   #24
WFS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I got mine end of May. LLB manual in London
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #25
It8ntez
Is this thing on?
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M, LBB M2

Had my LBB for a few weeks now ...

Tinted windows and XPEL.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #26
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
How do you do mr OrangeCrush

Cheers
Robin
I do...do!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 08:43 PM   #27
BC321
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87BMW View Post
I know of 3 in Pittsburgh alone, including mine.
Agreed; I should have clarified. There are at least 4-5 in the Philadelphia area that are active members on the forums here.

-c
Yup at least 5 in Philly including me

LBB
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 08:52 PM   #28
winterrogue_F87
Queen of Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW 228xi  [0.00]
We got about 4 or 5 in NY
      06-28-2016, 10:49 PM   #29
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Nice! Another color matched side gill brethren!! Haha. I've only seen like 1 other person (other than me) with the color matched LBB.
Ha I think I'm that other person!

Also, I think they're may be 3-5 in NC. I'm not exactly sure..
      06-29-2016, 04:10 AM   #30
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Well, not tinted yet, and the pictures are not touched up at all (other than obscuring license plate). But, here goes, for your viewing pleasure.
Why don't you have the orange stuff on the front wheel arches although you seem to live in the US?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 04:28 AM   #31
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Well, not tinted yet, and the pictures are not touched up at all (other than obscuring license plate). But, here goes, for your viewing pleasure.
Why don't you have the orange stuff on the front wheel arches although you seem to live in the US?
I did the swap. Also did rear reflectors, grille surrounds, side gills, and the rear M2 logo.
Attached Images

06-29-2016, 05:17 AM   #32
San79y
Private
England
Rep

I have one and I know someone getting theirs in November.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 05:55 AM   #33
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by San79y View Post
I have one and I know someone getting theirs in November.
How's uk ownership working out for you? Happy so far, any thoughts on options etc?
      06-30-2016, 06:25 AM   #34
San79y
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
How's uk ownership working out for you? Happy so far, any thoughts on options etc?
The car is great, it is other UK factors that have spoiled things slightly. I won't go into a full rant about everything, but this car attracts a hell of a lot more attention than I was expecting. I don't mind the compliments etc, but it is the idiots in S and RS Audis (you know who you are!) that chase after you all the time that is getting annoying. Last night I pulled into a carpark to post a letter and these 2 idiots in an RS3 spotted me. Followed me out, revving like mad behind me at the busy junction. As I was waiting ages to turn right, I thought I'd just go left and then turn around at the next side road instead. I drive off to do that, they then come charging up behind me as I am now trying to make the turn and I think they are going to slam into me. It is unnecessary and I am tired of it. Similar thing happened with an E36 M3 convertible in the first week I had it so not always Audis, but it usually is. Also it is a tad firm so you can get thrown about a bit on some of our lovely roads even at low speeds.

As for options, other than colour and gearbox, everything else is pretty minor and don't really make much difference to ownership. Mine was supposed to be a demonstrator car so came with everything and I got lucky with the colour and DCT that I wanted. I could live without the electric seats as I think they are out of place in a sports car and just something else to go wrong in the future. I didn't want the rear camera but it is actually quite useful. I really like comfort access and was something I wanted along the the HK speakers but they are a bit of a let down. You are just paying for the badges on the door speakers in my opinion. I am really loving the fact that it is a car for all uses and occasions, as all my other cars are more specific or impractical, but that is more about me than the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 05:29 AM   #35
boohorlicks
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
The car is great, it is other UK factors that have spoiled things slightly. I won't go into a full rant about everything, but this car attracts a hell of a lot more attention than I was expecting. I don't mind the compliments etc, but it is the idiots in S and RS Audis (you know who you are!) that chase after you all the time that is getting annoying. Last night I pulled into a carpark to post a letter and these 2 idiots in an RS3 spotted me. Followed me out, revving like mad behind me at the busy junction. As I was waiting ages to turn right, I thought I'd just go left and then turn around at the next side road instead. I drive off to do that, they then come charging up behind me as I am now trying to make the turn and I think they are going to slam into me. It is unnecessary and I am tired of it. Similar thing happened with an E36 M3 convertible in the first week I had it so not always Audis, but it usually is. Also it is a tad firm so you can get thrown about a bit on some of our lovely roads even at low speeds.

As for options, other than colour and gearbox, everything else is pretty minor and don't really make much difference to ownership. Mine was supposed to be a demonstrator car so came with everything and I got lucky with the colour and DCT that I wanted. I could live without the electric seats as I think they are out of place in a sports car and just something else to go wrong in the future. I didn't want the rear camera but it is actually quite useful. I really like comfort access and was something I wanted along the the HK speakers but they are a bit of a let down. You are just paying for the badges on the door speakers in my opinion. I am really loving the fact that it is a car for all uses and occasions, as all my other cars are more specific or impractical, but that is more about me than the car.

I know exactly where you're coming from with the attention. I don't think the fact that the M2 was on last week's Top Gear is helping
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 06:14 AM   #36
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:

Hmm sorry to hear this, is your car LBB? I think everyone is aware of the launch colour. I'm hoping MG is a little more understated. I'm actually not fussed too much about on the road, I'm with the car then, its the NCP style keyings I'd be wary of! Time to use the wife's car I think for away trips....but then she has to drive the M2 to work. Ying and Yang to life!!
      07-01-2016, 06:46 AM   #37
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:

Quote:
Hmm sorry to hear this, is your car LBB? I think everyone is aware of the launch colour. I'm hoping MG is a little more understated. I'm actually not fussed too much about on the road, I'm with the car then, its the NCP style keyings I'd be wary of! Time to use the wife's car I think for away trips....but then she has to drive the M2 to work. Ying and Yang to life!!
Agreed,if it's LBB you're pretty much snookered which is no excuse but if not,what about a debadge ?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 06:49 AM   #38
boohorlicks
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
MG is very subtle and understated. I think that with MG, you'd only know it was an M2 if you knew what you were looking for.

Have you seen it in the flesh? I saw one yesterday on the M6 with black kidney grills - very mean indeed! Driver certainly seemed to be having lots of fun!
2012 F21 M135i | Estoril Blue | 8AT
2008 E92 M3 | Azurite Black | DCT |
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 06:49 AM   #39
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives
Agreed,if it's LBB you're pretty much snookered which is no excuse but if not,what about a debadge ?
But you can't de-sound. And who would want to? Bummer they are idiots, but try not to let the chavs diminish your enjoyment.
      07-01-2016, 07:42 AM   #40
caminator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: feet

collected mine March 21st. There is another in my city but I haven't seen it yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #41
Mike01ci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M2 & 03 M5

There are 2 in the St. Louis area as of right now.

Last edited by Mike01ci; 06-07-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Appreciate 2
      07-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #42
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

2 in the Dayton area. One in cinci. I got mine in April
Appreciate 2
      07-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #43
azfootdoc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 HEA

Southern AZ

I'm still the only one I've seen in Southern AZ. I think that someone bought the HEA car from the Tucson Dealer. I'm guessing you can still count the number of M2's in AZ on two hands. I can't wait to see another M2 in the wild.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #44
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

got mine last month. here is the ongoing thread - http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1267606

we also worked on three others ones and have a few scheduled for clear film and coating in August.
Appreciate 0