///M TOWN16524.50
      11-21-2023, 10:07 AM   #178
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercs. View Post
Im feeling you ! Ive just uploaded a short video from one of my drives with cup2s in the wet. I absolutely loved that drive ! Watch on the app for better quality https://youtu.be/xQjQkXOZuUA?si=pjEJ-EVUttsbUwn0
Your video looks like a ton of fun but man nothing about this inspires any confidence to me about the car... not the traction, nor the handling... it speaks more to how good you are as a driver... which tells me you could this with any performance car.
///M TOWN16524.50
      11-21-2023, 10:20 AM   #179
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Your video looks like a ton of fun but man nothing about this inspires any confidence to me about the car... not the traction, nor the handling...
Is this a comedy bit?
Appreciate 3
F87EVO4033.00
Davil6524.50
Altra265.50
      11-21-2023, 10:23 AM   #180
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
Is this a comedy bit?
yes the kind everyone gets offended by for no reason
shaneguags1192.50
///M TOWN16524.50
      11-21-2023, 10:29 AM   #181
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Your video looks like a ton of fun but man nothing about this inspires any confidence to me about the car... not the traction, nor the handling... it speaks more to how good you are as a driver... which tells me you could this with any performance car.
Thanks! Of course you can do it in many performance cars , but thats not really the point. How it feels in each car ?

Again , its a matter of a personal preference. Yes i like the feel of danger, i like to fight with the car ! And the handling is great for me , you might prefer a car that gives you more confidence. For the same reasons i prefer the 997 GT3RS to the 992 GT3 RS for instance. The 992 is insanely serious as a road car ,it really needs a track to extract its character. And i get it , some like it , others like me still like it but id rather be in an older car . The 992 is just sooo well refined, so well balanced , its the fastest 911 , its a beast . But none of that matter to me , id rather to have more fun than be the fastest.

Maybe each one of us has a different sweet spot. I found the sweet spot of fun/performance with the F87. Your sweet spot might be different!

You see , there is no wrong or right. Its purely preference , i respect all drivers and their choices . Im talking about me , it doesnt matter if you have a different opinion i will respect it. We re not kids.

And thats the wild beauty of cars , there is something for everyone. And i respect every single one.

People change as well, in 15 yrs i might need a different kind of experience , maybe even earlier. The plan is to add since we re heading towards different times !
ASAP10161.00
philth198.50
Davil6524.50
MSH_121.50
DanG10657.50
///M TOWN16524.50
shaneguags1192.50
Altra265.50
      11-24-2023, 03:06 AM   #182
donkey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 6MT M2

Cars are inherently dangerous. If your car isn't communicating that with you, it's a problem (and no fun).
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4033.00
///M TOWN16524.50
      11-24-2023, 07:10 PM   #183
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I mean some of yall acting like the g87 could do do the same thing the CS is doing on that video. Its wet, even a ford taurus is a hooligan
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 02:47 PM   #184
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
I mean some of yall acting like the g87 could do do the same thing the CS is doing on that video. Its wet, even a ford taurus is a hooligan
W/the correct driver it definitely can

The Taurus is garbage regardless
      12-26-2023, 02:10 PM   #185
Jerry333
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2019 BMW X7  [0.00]
2024 BMW M2  [5.00]
People here are NOT average users.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 05:10 PM   #186
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry333 View Post
People here are NOT average users.
you would be surprised

not to mention that on the street most are not pushing the car even to 70% of it can do it that much
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16524.50
      03-05-2024, 05:49 AM   #187
Rainman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 21 F87C

Quote:
I don't doubt the fact that the F87 M2C is a super fun car... it's the most fun car I've ever owned... unfortunately it has some very serious faults for being an M car that made me question how BMW let this car leave the factory the way it did.... in many ways it felt like my older slightly modified 135i. Fun unfortunately doesn't always translate to a solid performance / sports car... there is definitely a lot of irony in the fact that my X3 M40i with base adaptive suspension feels far more confident on MANY roads and turns than my m2c did... not really sure how that is remotely possible... but it's more stable, less bouncy and doesn't feel like the rear end will slip out if i push it harder.

The thing is tho... these faults were made known when the F87 initially came out... Matt Farah pointed all of this out and how sloppy the handling is in his initial review... he was panned after that review when everyone else said its' the greatest thing since sliced bread... except here is what all of those reviews missed... they were all on a track and no one ever drove the car hard on the street on normal roads. Chris harris loved the m2c... all of his reviews where on the track and he modified his personal M2c only to sell it a year later... so again... i think the car was far overhyped for what it was. From what I am hearing the G87 fixes a ton of this.
Hi ASAP,

New to the forum, but your post triggered me to register and support your position. I've been a long time bimmer driver all the way back to the E30.

BMW has a bit of a habit with experimenting with how their cars drive. Prior to the Bangle era, they all drove the same. Not much torque, but engine could rev for days and the chassis were all redeculously competent. (misspelling intentional)

I've also had seat time in all M3s except the G series and the E30 and the first time I drove an F82 I was like "this is a BMW?" It was certainly an outlier from most any previous BMW I care to mention. Especially compared to the E92. The very first thing that struck me was the amount of time the traction control light was blinking at me. It was an utter disappointment. The LOOOONG gearing may also have contributed to my distaste.

After reading lots of glowing reviews about the M2 and being persuaded by my friends, I bought a 21 M2C. It was certainly better than the F82, but the chassis struck me as unfinished.

I dearly loved the engine. It was magnificent albeit throttled at the top end. But in the ride and handling department I would best describe it as unsophisticated. Never driven a fox body mustang, but I would imagine if you put the S55 in it, that's would it would feel like.

I took it to the track though and all was forgiven. Until the drive home at which point I decided that I had enough of it and proceeded to trade it in.

So my take on it is that it had development done at the track and they didn't spend resources to fix it on the street. FWIW, the E46 was relatively bouncy and unsettled as well, but where the E46 was amazing handling at the limit, the F87 was hyperactive and twitchy.

The snap oversteer on mild cornering g's worked REALLY well on the track. I literally planted my foot on the throttle and it drove the car hard out of turns, but on the street, it felt like it was waiting to bite. It really felt that the handling balance was optimized for 10/10ths at the track.

However, 1 drawback was the too small front tires. They got hot too quickly despite how much I was pounding the rears. and believe me I was riding the rears hard and still the fronts cooked off first.

In short, I agree with your position that the F87C had suboptimal handling especially with regards to hard street driving on bumpy roads. And poor comfort at all times.

As for Matt Farah and Chris Harris. Matt shoots from the hip and Chris is a salesman. You can decide who to listen to.

P.S. And the most recent BMW that reminded me of all the great old BMWs was, if you can believe, it an F39 with a sport package. You could drive it like you stole it all day long and trust it. The ride was still a bit harder than the old cars, but it drove like them.
Appreciate 3
ASAP10161.00
87M34.50
///M TOWN16524.50
      03-05-2024, 06:26 AM   #188
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
Hi ASAP,

New to the forum, but your post triggered me to register and support your position. I've been a long time bimmer driver all the way back to the E30.

BMW has a bit of a habit with experimenting with how their cars drive. Prior to the Bangle era, they all drove the same. Not much torque, but engine could rev for days and the chassis were all redeculously competent. (misspelling intentional)

I've also had seat time in all M3s except the G series and the E30 and the first time I drove an F82 I was like "this is a BMW?" It was certainly an outlier from most any previous BMW I care to mention. Especially compared to the E92. The very first thing that struck me was the amount of time the traction control light was blinking at me. It was an utter disappointment. The LOOOONG gearing may also have contributed to my distaste.

After reading lots of glowing reviews about the M2 and being persuaded by my friends, I bought a 21 M2C. It was certainly better than the F82, but the chassis struck me as unfinished.

I dearly loved the engine. It was magnificent albeit throttled at the top end. But in the ride and handling department I would best describe it as unsophisticated. Never driven a fox body mustang, but I would imagine if you put the S55 in it, that's would it would feel like.

I took it to the track though and all was forgiven. Until the drive home at which point I decided that I had enough of it and proceeded to trade it in.

So my take on it is that it had development done at the track and they didn't spend [...]
Real glad to see that someone w experience sees it for how it really is as opposed to regurgitating reviews... the reality is that its just not a good street car.
      03-05-2024, 07:13 AM   #189
MarlboroM2C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
  [10.00]
2021 BMW  [10.00]
F87 all day. It's lighter better looking and more fun in track out the box
      04-13-2024, 12:17 PM   #190
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic, I just wanted to post some thoughts. I finally got a chance to see the G87. It was on a flatbed being taken somewhere in Florida.

I have to say what others have said in that it does look much better in person. It looks very aggressive and has a nice stance, and I see why many like it. I'm still not sure I would take it over my F87, but it is a cool-looking car. It had some aftermarket wheels on it that were terrible in my opinion, and I know I would like it much more with the factory wheels. It looked to be a show car because it had some stickers on it.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16524.50
      04-13-2024, 12:43 PM   #191
StateVector
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Hi ASAP,

Curious, what did you trade it for, or are you still looking for something as a replacement?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 04:39 PM   #192
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic, I just wanted to post some thoughts. I finally got a chance to see the G87. It was on a flatbed being taken somewhere in Florida.

I have to say what others have said in that it does look much better in person. It looks very aggressive and has a nice stance, and I see why many like it. I'm still not sure I would take it over my F87, but it is a cool-looking car. It had some aftermarket wheels on it that were terrible in my opinion, and I know I would like it much more with the factory wheels. It looked to be a show car because it had some stickers on it.
I have to say, i have become more comfortable with its appearance over the last few months. I definitely see it as a 3/4 car, in that it looks best from no other angle than directly 3/4 front or back, and even that leaves me wincing at the lower intakes and bumper. Finally people are starting to color in the lower valance in the middle, but i have yet to see anything compelling -or better than just stock w the right options.
      04-13-2024, 06:00 PM   #193
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
I have to say, i have become more comfortable with its appearance over the last few months. I definitely see it as a 3/4 car, in that it looks best from no other angle than directly 3/4 front or back, and even that leaves me wincing at the lower intakes and bumper. Finally people are starting to color in the lower valance in the middle, but i have yet to see anything compelling -or better than just stock w the right options.
The front is the worst part for me, and hard to get past. I like the rest of it, even the back. There was an F82 M4 on the road with me and I think the driver may have been checking the G87 out also. I thought they were together because the driver was riding behind the truck pulling the flatbed with the G87. I had to pull around, and to the side; to get a better look.

The truck transporting the G87 eventually took the exit towards Jacksonville away from where I and the driver of the M4 were going.

On a side note, I rarely see a lot of M cars on the road in my area. The M4 looked cool also.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 12:52 AM   #194
donkey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 6MT M2

Quote:
P.S. And the most recent BMW that reminded me of all the great old BMWs was, if you can believe, it an F39 with a sport package. You could drive it like you stole it all day long and trust it. The ride was still a bit harder than the old cars, but it drove like them.
You had me till here
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:12 AM   #195
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
The front is the worst part for me, and hard to get past. I like the rest of it, even the back. There was an F82 M4 on the road with me and I think the driver may have been checking the G87 out also. I thought they were together because the driver was riding behind the truck pulling the flatbed with the G87. I had to pull around, and to the side; to get a better look.

The truck transporting the G87 eventually took the exit towards Jacksonville away from where I and the driver of the M4 were going.

On a side note, I rarely see a lot of M cars on the road in my area. The M4 looked cool also.
The intakes look like they are pointing outwards.
      04-14-2024, 09:54 AM   #196
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
I have to say, i have become more comfortable with its appearance over the last few months. I definitely see it as a 3/4 car, in that it looks best from no other angle than directly 3/4 front or back, and even that leaves me wincing at the lower intakes and bumper.....
Agreed. It's grown on me as well. I think I would still want it in black though, but that would require me to throw down another $6k+ for full ppf. No way I do a black car again without it. Never say never though.
Until then I'll enjoy my F87 on my backyard(5 mins from garage) bumpy, sometimes sandy, suboptimal backroads and canyons. Again, each to their own but I absolutely love this car!

Appreciate 2
      04-14-2024, 03:48 PM   #197
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
^ Where was this shot?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 04:20 PM   #198
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
^ Where was this shot?
For obvious reasons don’t want to be too specific but somewhere in Colorado 🙂

This was last month and it was still cold here. This was actually a warmer day but temps were just above 40 and on my summer ps4s, so I’m in mdm (euro) vs full traction off which I prefer to run when it’s warmer. The canyon run in second half of vid is probably in low-mid 30s as it just gets no sun. As you can see towards end I hit a slightly icy patch. Car is tuned by Enabled with his m4 gts+ tune so roughly 485whp/465wtq corrected
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16524.50