BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Question for those who have tracked their PCD Deliveries before:

03-09-2021, 09:49 AM   #1
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Question for those who have tracked their PCD Deliveries before:

So I was watching my car status on the MyBMW site and I had gotten to the next-to-last step called "In Transit" while my car was on a ship (Niagara Highway).

But as I followed the ship on the MarineTraffic website crossing the atlantic and making all of its port calls (SouthHampton and Halifax and Baltimore, etc), once it arrived at the Brunswick GA port (and presumably got off the ship), my status on MyBMW site actually went backwards from "In Transit" back to "At Port".

Has anyone else seen that before? It's weird that it's gone back to "At Port" even though I guess that's technically true.
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 11:46 AM   #2
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
It's "at port" again - on the destination side. All is well.

Are you keeping your Golf R? Mine will continue to be my daily when my M2c arrives in May. Should be one helluva pair.
      03-09-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
It's "at port" again - on the destination side. All is well.

Are you keeping your Golf R? Mine will continue to be my daily when my M2c arrives in May. Should be one helluva pair.
Excellent. That's what I was hoping it to be. Rather than they realized my car was actually on a different boat all together or something like that.

As for the Golf R, I'm selling it to a VW enthusiast this Friday. It was part of the negotiations with the family finance manager that three cars are enough for 2 people, so a car had to go. The Golf R has been fantastic, and if I could keep it I would. Great performance/practicality balance. But just lacks that specialness that I couldn't get out of my head.

Also the market for 18+ Golf R's right now is CRAZY. I drove it for 2 years/34k miles, and am selling it for about $5k less than I paid as new.

Seemed like a no brainer to pull that trigger while I could.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #4
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
mwh2009 - did you have any issues ordering or scheduling your PCD? i have asked my CA a few times and it's clear to me that he's being evasive..."yeah, let me check on that" has been his response like 3 times even though i've made it clear that i want to do it.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #5
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
mwh2009 - did you have any issues ordering or scheduling your PCD? i have asked my CA a few times and it's clear to me that he's being evasive..."yeah, let me check on that" has been his response like 3 times even though i've made it clear that i want to do it.
That sucks. Sorry that's happening. My situation was a little different. After my second (yes 2nd!) attempt to order a car fell through, I searched for a dealer that had one already on the way.

I found a car through a non-local CA who had one getting ready to get on a ship. One of the preconditions of my signing the order was that we confirmed PCD was possible. For me it was 2 reasons: First because PCD is a blast and I wanted to do it again, and Second because it cut the driving distance from the dealer (that was 900 miles away) more than in half.

My sense is that if your car isn't yet on a boat to the US, it should still be possible. And maybe even if it is just leaving there is still a possibility? The ships all kind of do an east coast milk run to a few ports, so logistically it seems doable.

I would recommend going up the ladder to the dealer sales manager and tell them you want an answer by tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
happyjack1657.00
      03-09-2021, 01:08 PM   #6
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh2009 View Post
Quote:
That sucks. Sorry that's happening. My situation was a little different. After my second (yes 2nd!) attempt to order a car fell through, I searched for a dealer that had one already on the way.

I found a car through a non-local CA who had one getting ready to get on a ship. One of the preconditions of my signing the order was that we confirmed PCD was possible. For me it was 2 reasons: First because PCD is a blast and I wanted to do it again, and Second because it cut the driving distance from the dealer (that was 900 miles away) more than in half.

My sense is that if your car isn't yet on a boat to the US, it should still be possible. And maybe even if it is just leaving there is still a possibility? The ships all kind of do an east coast milk run to a few ports, so logistically it seems doable.

I would recommend going up the ladder to the dealer sales manager and tell them you want an answer by tomorrow.
Port of Charleston is where the PCD bound vehicles arrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #7
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Port of Charleston is where the PCD bound vehicles arrive.
Not mine - was scheduled through port SSI (Brunswick GA). And I'm doing PCD.

Could be one of those things where it had to be that way because I asked for PCD late In the process?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #8
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
The Golf R has been fantastic, and if I could keep it I would. Great performance/practicality balance. But just lacks that specialness that I couldn't get out of my head.

Also the market for 18+ Golf R's right now is CRAZY. I drove it for 2 years/34k miles, and am selling it for about $5k less than I paid as new.

Seemed like a no brainer to pull that trigger while I could.
Pretty much echoes my feelings about my R - I love it as a daily driver and all-around great car, but it lacks that something extra to be my "special" car. My Z4MC currently fulfills that role, and the M2c will be replacing it.

I know what you mean about current R values - they are definitely a hot item on the used market. More affirmation about what great cars they are.