BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Welp, won't get my M2 back for a long time.

06-06-2016, 06:44 PM   #67
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
For that reason alone, I would get a new bumper as you don't know what other pegs were compromised.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #68
Shankska
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Well let us know the path you choose. Hopefully you are satisfied when you get it back
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #69
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankska View Post
Well let us know the path you choose. Hopefully you are satisfied when you get it back
Well guys, the worst news possible might be coming in tomorrow.

My car is at a body shop in southern Colorado. It was towed there today, unharmed, perfect condition. The exact location that my car was located at was just hit by a massive 20 minute straight hailstorm.

The hail has been reported to be over the size of a golf ball in some locations.

If my car was not brought inside, there is a chance that it is royally fucked. If this car is totaled (unlikely) I will be probably purchasing outside of bmw.

Fingers crossed. This might be bad, some of the people around there have already asked someone I know who owns a roofing company for full roof repairs.

Fuck.

Soon.

Last edited by Adem1534; 06-07-2016 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 05:28 AM   #70
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
That could suck. Hopefully they put it inside. I swear to God, every time we have car that has to stay somewhere, my wife insists that it be kept inside. We have even driven by to check. We are not assholes to the SAs, we are actually quite nice. We are just really picky and let them know that to avoid problems. They know we see the odometer readings, they know we want the car stored inside. I didn't used to be this way, but life has taught me to trust but verify. Hope your car is alright.
      06-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #71
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

You'd be surprised how good pointless dent removal is now. I've seen before/after locally and its insane. You can't even tell there was damage.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #72
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
My car is at a body shop in southern Colorado. It was towed there today, unharmed, perfect condition. The exact location that my car was located at was just hit by a massive 20 minute straight hailstorm.
The hail has been reported to be over the size of a golf ball in some locations.
If my car was not brought inside, there is a chance that it is royally fucked. If this car is totaled (unlikely) I will be probably purchasing outside of bmw.
Fingers crossed. This might be bad, some of the people around there have already asked someone I know who owns a roofing company for full roof repairs.
Fuck.
Damn, that would be a triple misfortune in a short period of time: first a nasty scratch, then the fox encounter and now a hailstorm possibly tormenting the car (hopefully the car was kept safe from harm).

I followed you through the whole process of M2 test mules and finally getting the car. I know that you yearned for it and, still youthful, made sacrifices to get it.

That also explains why I stand up for you if people have a (mild) laugh with your misfortune (not to be confused with poking fun, irony and sarcasm about other things than misfortune - I'm pretty open minded and indulgent). And if that jump in front of you may tarnish the view that some may have about me, then so be it. In my conception it's about doing the right thing.

Get the car back to pristine condition. Your car gremlin credits have now all been used, so only good times must lie ahead.

Good luck, fellow.
      06-07-2016, 07:23 AM   #73
eau_rouge
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3 G21 Touring

Garage List
So sorry to hear that!

A hailstorm is always very painful when your car means something to you.

It was just last year that I was driving home from our European 1addicts Sella 2.0 tour, where all of a sudden a big hailstorm hit my car and some fellows 1M who has joined as well. My complete hood, roof and the fenders were all hit by hail-"tennisballs". I was sitting behind the wheel and couldn't do shit about it. All I could do was throw a fleece towel over the hood, but unfortunately it helped nothing and only my arm was hit by the hail and was bruised for weeks...
2005 E46 M3 S54 - TS/GN5TT - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #74
Shankska
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Are you kidding me?!? Dude that is crazy bad luck

Sounds like a previous car I had. Thought it was cursed
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #75
ForkLiter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 M Sport

Quote:

Fuck.
You are the most passionate and devoted member of this M2 world here. It's hard for me to believe that everything won't work out well for you. We are all supportive and I bet most of us have been in your position once or twice. I've had a couple of amazing cars trashed within the first 2,000 miles before.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #76
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
That could suck. Hopefully they put it inside. I swear to God, every time we have car that has to stay somewhere, my wife insists that it be kept inside. We have even driven by to check. We are not assholes to the SAs, we are actually quite nice. We are just really picky and let them know that to avoid problems. They know we see the odometer readings, they know we want the car stored inside. I didn't used to be this way, but life has taught me to trust but verify. Hope your car is alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
You'd be surprised how good pointless dent removal is now. I've seen before/after locally and its insane. You can't even tell there was damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Damn, that would be a triple misfortune in a short period of time: first a nasty scratch, then the fox encounter and now a hailstorm possibly tormenting the car (hopefully the car was kept safe from harm).

I followed you through the whole process of M2 test mules and finally getting the car. I know that you yearned for it and, still youthful, made sacrifices to get it.

That also explains why I stand up for you if people have a (mild) laugh with your misfortune (not to be confused with poking fun, irony and sarcasm about other things than misfortune - I'm pretty open minded and indulgent). And if that jump in front of you may tarnish the view that some may have about me, then so be it. In my conception it's about doing the right thing.

Get the car back to pristine condition. Your car gremlin credits have now all been used, so only good times must lie ahead.

Good luck, fellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eau_rouge View Post
So sorry to hear that!

A hailstorm is always very painful when your car means something to you.

It was just last year that I was driving home from our European 1addicts Sella 2.0 tour, where all of a sudden a big hailstorm hit my car and some fellows 1M who has joined as well. My complete hood, roof and the fenders were all hit by hail-"tennisballs". I was sitting behind the wheel and couldn't do shit about it. All I could do was throw a fleece towel over the hood, but unfortunately it helped nothing and only my arm was hit by the hail and was bruised for weeks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankska View Post
Are you kidding me?!? Dude that is crazy bad luck

Sounds like a previous car I had. Thought it was cursed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkLiter View Post
You are the most passionate and devoted member of this M2 world here. It's hard for me to believe that everything won't work out well for you. We are all supportive and I bet most of us have been in your position once or twice. I've had a couple of amazing cars trashed within the first 2,000 miles before.

Thanks for the support guys, really means a lot and it's greatly appreciated.

Just spoke to the body shop, the area was pelted pretty hard, but fortunately they moved my car inside before the storm. Crisis averted.

The other thing is that my intercooler is apparently barely functioning. I'm hoping that no damage to the engine or turbo was done, because the car has run for about 15 minutes total after the accident. I'm hoping I don't get my car back and it's never the same as it once was.

Soon.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #77
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Seriously, I read through 4 pages and not a single person asked what the fox said?

So disappointed in you guys.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #78
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Thanks for the support guys, really means a lot and it's greatly appreciated.

Just spoke to the body shop, the area was pelted pretty hard, but fortunately they moved my car inside before the storm. Crisis averted.

The other thing is that my intercooler is apparently barely functioning. I'm hoping that no damage to the engine or turbo was done, because the car has run for about 15 minutes total after the accident. I'm hoping I don't get my car back and it's never the same as it once was.
It'll be fine
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #79
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Jeez Adem1534 what a rollercoster of emotions!

Hopefully it's all straightened out now.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #80
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankska
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
OMG. Stop the madness.

Bumper clips are easily repaired. There are entire companies that perform this very process and they are nearly as ubiquitous as wheel repair companies.

I guess if he had a scratch on his wheel you would say that has to be new also ?

Use google to locate the one nearest you.
Yes, I would want a new wheel. Get what you pay for

If you want to go through life and settle for less be my guest.

Plus, funny you mention that. I have the crap dealer coverage. So, would cover my rims and tires. Bet they would attempt to repair bot or unless they are unable. Even when the dealer trying to sale this tried to tell me my car had run flats

Not my bumper or yours. Just stating what I would do. F all this 'repair' I would not accept that. Never the same. Every car that went to body shop, I immediately traded it in after.
If that's your attitude then why bother with what parts go on it. You are just raising your own blood pressure before you sell ...

Funniest thing I've read today, that I'm a settler...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #81
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankska
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
OMG. Stop the madness.

Bumper clips are easily repaired. There are entire companies that perform this very process and they are nearly as ubiquitous as wheel repair companies.

I guess if he had a scratch on his wheel you would say that has to be new also ?

Use google to locate the one nearest you.
Yes, I would want a new wheel. Get what you pay for

If you want to go through life and settle for less be my guest.

Plus, funny you mention that. I have the crap dealer coverage. So, would cover my rims and tires. Bet they would attempt to repair bot or unless they are unable. Even when the dealer trying to sale this tried to tell me my car had run flats

Not my bumper or yours. Just stating what I would do. F all this 'repair' I would not accept that. Never the same. Every car that went to body shop, I immediately traded it in after.
If that's your attitude then why bother with what parts go on it. You are just raising your own blood pressure before you sell ...

Funniest thing I've read today, that I'm a settler...
Heh. Settler.
Attached Images

06-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #82
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
In re: to the new bumper, that is typically just a negotiation between you and the insurance company.

There's a few things that I would argue to try and get new rather than repaired:

- how new the car is
- how rare the car is (they don't have to know there's a 4 year production)
- how long you waited for the car
- it's not a cheap econo-box and you want it the way it was before (sans scratch)

Etc, Etc...those points worked well for me - I had something fly off a truck in front of me on the interstate the 3rd day I had my 981 - it crunched a nice 5 inch dent right where the hood and bumper meet on my car. They wanted to fix the hood and replace the bumper, but I argued the items above and eventually got both replaced.
      06-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #83
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Dude....this is ridiculous. I never seen anything like this.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #84
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
Dude....this is ridiculous. I never seen anything like this.
String of unlucky events, could have been much worse. At least I'm not putting miles on it for a while...

Estimate from the insurance was $3,300. Will probably be closer to $4,000.

Items that need complete replacement:

Intercooler
Radiator
Condenser
Front Fan
Front Fan Housing
Front Structural Plate
Intercooler Brackets
Intercooler Clips
Plastic Platform inside front bumper
Black Mesh
Full Front Xpel

Items that need fixing:
Dents in Front Bumper.

Decide not to replace the front bumper. Or at least try not to. I would have to then deal with getting it painted. And it might never look perfect. I'm willing to allow them to try reforming it with a heat gun.

Overall it's 4K, could have been worse. My deductible is 500 bucks. At least I get a 0 mileage intercooler, radiator, and condenser out if it. I guess there are some positives.

Car starts of fine, no hesitations, no engine lights. Still sounds like a beast.

There is a chirping noise, but only when the hood is open, and I think that's actually normal.

There is some good news coming out of this as well.

Now I'm 10x more likely to DINAN the car. After going through all this shit I sort of want to just say fuck it and go all out.

I'm trying to grow my Instagram, to get sponsored by DINAN. Once I have enough followers I am going to call them and see what I am do.

I'm @stealth_m2, any follows are appreciated.

They estimated that this series of unfortunate event will be over by the end of next week, which is great considering that I'm on a business trip next week back in the North East, so I wouldn't have been here anyways.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Again so so so so so many thanks for being supportive and keeping me at ease, what a shitty weekend that was.

Much love!

Soon.
Appreciate 4
      06-08-2016, 03:00 PM   #85
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Now I'm 10x more likely to DINAN the car. After going through all this shit I sort of want to just say fuck it and go all out.
Yes... YEEESSSSS
      06-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #86
F80seven
Rep
Drives: M2

very sorry to hear that, you car looked gorgeous. I still waiting on my MG M2.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 02:14 AM   #87
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Shit Happens. As long as you don't have engine and structural damage, this will be all in the past.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #88
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

I'm also sorry to read what happened to your car. I've been following this forum since the beginning of the year, and remember reading your posts, along with others; waiting for your M2. It's been fun living vicariously though you gals/guys and your experiences getting the car.

I'm glad they have the parts and you will be getting the car back sooner than you thought.
Appreciate 0