BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Canadian Deliveries

06-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #89
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhihong.james View Post
My order was placed on June 10. Actually, I have not got my production number yet. I was told that i will be given my production number tomorrow when i visit the dealership. I will see if I can get the production number tomorrow and try to track my order with BMW.
Any news? Did they end up getting you the production number?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #90
zhihong.james
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Any news? Did they end up getting you the production number?
not yet, still waitting. please wish me good luck, guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #91
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Who cares about the M2... Habs just traded PK Subban!!!

I will cheer for Las Vegas now!
      06-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #92
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima
Quote:
Who cares about the M2... Habs just traded PK Subban!!!

I will cheer for Las Vegas now!
Man, the trades are retarded right now - Edmonton traded Taylor Hall to Jersey for Adam Larrson. Seriously, wtf is up with team managers today???
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #93
whitmont
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 435xi '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Man, the trades are retarded right now - Edmonton traded Taylor Hall to Jersey for Adam Larrson. Seriously, wtf is up with team managers today???
Definitely made Edmonton a better team in that trade. Coming from a Flames fan.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 04:22 PM   #94
whitmont
Enlisted Member
Rep

In other news, picked up my car last night. I'll try to get some pictures up later. Quite an amazing vehicle so far. My daily driver is a 2015 BMW 435i x-drive, M-performance edition. I was really worried before picking up the car that there wouldn't be that much of a different between vehicles and I was going to be stuck with two very similar cars. I mean really, the weight is similar, and the HP difference is only 35HP. Thankfully the M2 seems to have delivered so far. Obviously I haven't gotten it past 4500RPM yet, and apparently the car won't be fully unleashed until after the break in service, but wow, what a difference. Besides the difference between the size of the car, there is a substantial acceleration difference, the manual transmission seems to allow me to shift quicker (both ways) than it does in the 4, and also the steering is much tighter.

The MPE with carbon tips was a great add. The sound is crazy. I haven't even turned on the radio yet, I just keep the windows down and listen to the exhaust. I've specifically loved the "hidden popcorn mode" with the MPE (see the thread in the main forum, comfort mode with one press of the DSC button), it just pops and burbles to no end. I also added the carbon front and side skirt attachments (although the side skirt attachments are on back order and won't be in and installed for a few more weeks). Also added were the black kidney grills, carbon diffuser, carbon rear spoiler, carbon mirror caps, stainless steel pedals, alacantara inserts on the dash and m-perf carbon inserts on the door handles and middle dash behind the shifter.

A few of the cons that have been pointed out in this forum haven't bothered me so far. First, the crooked seat is a none issue. Unless you're looking at the steering wheel instead of out the windshield while driving. I'd think it would take a special sort of OCD for this to bother you. Second, I haven't had any issues reading the Speedo and RPMs yet, I find the contrast to be fine. I'll try and take it out towards dusk tonight and see if I notice anything.

Also, as someone who has always given a bit of a throttle blip when I downshift, I was worried about the automatic rev-matcher as I enjoy that part of driving a manual. It's actually pretty cool. The only thing is, I have noticed a few downshifts that it has seemingly missed... And I can't figure out why... I hope there is nothing wrong with it.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2016, 04:31 PM   #95
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmont View Post
In other news, picked up my car last night. I'll try to get some pictures up later. Quite an amazing vehicle so far. My daily driver is a 2015 BMW 435i x-drive, M-performance edition. I was really worried before picking up the car that there wouldn't be that much of a different between vehicles and I was going to be stuck with two very similar cars. I mean really, the weight is similar, and the HP difference is only 35HP. Thankfully the M2 seems to have delivered so far. Obviously I haven't gotten it past 4500RPM yet, and apparently the car won't be fully unleashed until after the break in service, but wow, what a difference. Besides the difference between the size of the car, there is a substantial acceleration difference, the manual transmission seems to allow me to shift quicker (both ways) than it does in the 4, and also the steering is much tighter.

The MPE with carbon tips was a great add. The sound is crazy. I haven't even turned on the radio yet, I just keep the windows down and listen to the exhaust. I've specifically loved the "hidden popcorn mode" with the MPE (see the thread in the main forum, comfort mode with one press of the DSC button), it just pops and burbles to no end. I also added the carbon front and side skirt attachments (although the side skirt attachments are on back order and won't be in and installed for a few more weeks). Also added were the black kidney grills, carbon diffuser, carbon rear spoiler, carbon mirror caps, stainless steel pedals, alacantara inserts on the dash and m-perf carbon inserts on the door handles and middle dash behind the shifter.

A few of the cons that have been pointed out in this forum haven't bothered me so far. First, the crooked seat is a none issue. Unless you're looking at the steering wheel instead of out the windshield while driving. I'd think it would take a special sort of OCD for this to bother you. Second, I haven't had any issues reading the Speedo and RPMs yet, I find the contrast to be fine. I'll try and take it out towards dusk tonight and see if I notice anything.

Also, as someone who has always given a bit of a throttle blip when I downshift, I was worried about the automatic rev-matcher as I enjoy that part of driving a manual. It's actually pretty cool. The only thing is, I have noticed a few downshifts that it has seemingly missed... And I can't figure out why... I hope there is nothing wrong with it.

Congrats on your purchase!!!
      06-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #96
whitmont
Enlisted Member
Rep

Appreciate 6
      06-29-2016, 07:16 PM   #97
zhihong.james
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

congrats on the new addition. see you around town.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #98
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Congrats and thanks for the pics! I've been searching for a good shot of the cf diffuser on BSM! Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #99
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

MY2016

LBB / DCT / 6NS - Week (?) build, estimated mid July delivery
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #100
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

As of today, even if I ordered ZTV (smart phone), Apple Car Play (6CP) is not available. I hope it will be retrofitted later.
      06-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #101
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
As of today, even if I ordered ZTV (smart phone), Apple Car Play (6CP) is not available. I hope it will be retrofitted later.
That's what BMW is saying.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #102
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Yeah, but BMW AG or BMW Canada... big difference. All the rumours I have heard are coming
from BMW Canada so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #103
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
If BMW is retrofitting, I am all set. Status 112
      07-01-2016, 01:25 PM   #104
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Suggestion for the delivery thread: can we add location? It will be easier this way to organize meets in the future? Also, we should add delivery date when available

I'll start: Montreal and expected delivery week 34-36 if production is completed week 30.
      07-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #105
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Suggestion for the delivery thread: can we add location? It will be easier this way to organize meets in the future? Also, we should add delivery date when available

I'll start: Montreal and expected delivery week 34-36 if production is completed week 30.
Will do! Great idea.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #106
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Toronto, ON here
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #107
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Who's the next one getting the M2 delivered?
      07-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #108
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Who's the next one getting the M2 delivered?
Probably me. Gets to Halifax 12th, I'm likely picking it up 15/16th but it will all depend on the port.

I've been tracking the boat via GPS obsessively - it's in the UK, last stop before Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 09:42 AM   #109
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Probably me. Gets to Halifax 12th, I'm likely picking it up 15/16th but it will all depend on the port.

I've been tracking the boat via GPS obsessively - it's in the UK, last stop before Halifax.
I'm hoping to give you a run for your money

As of this morning my status on the Wallenius tracking site is that the car is "delivered from". Not sure what that means or how long it will take to get on a train or a truck to Toronto
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #110
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
I'm hoping to give you a run for your money

As of last night my status on the Wallenius tracking site is that the car is "released". Not sure how long it will take to get on a train or a truck to Toronto
Nice congrats!

Fingers crossed for you it's a truck - that'll usually be about two days.

CN rail is still a good ways backed up so if it ends up going by rail, you're probably looking for a week at port waiting (better than the month+ estimates back in March when things were crazy) then onto the rail car and another 4-5 days getting there.
Appreciate 1