BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > We need an M2 to measure for the ultimate AP Racing Radi-CAL Brake Kit...help please!

05-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

We need an M2 to measure for the ultimate AP Racing Radi-CAL Brake Kit...help please!

Hello Gents,
We're looking to develop our Essex Designed AP Racing Pro5000R Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits for the M2. We recently released these kits for the the F80/F82 M3/M4, and have also had great success with them in the e90 market (you can see details in this thread on the e90 forum.) Our brake kits are most the most effective, technologically advanced, and most durable brake option available, and are very similar to what the factory BMW race cars use. If you plan to track your car, our kits will also save you a bundle of money during your time of ownership!

We're looking to borrow an M2 in the Charlotte, NC area to take measurements and verify the fitment of our kits. In exchange, you'll receive AP's bleeding-edge brake technology at a fraction of the retail price. If you or someone you know can help us, please contact me via PM or email. The car can be local, or you can ship us your car. We've worked with customers in both manners.

You can see customer feedback on our Competition Brake Kits on our Essex Blog.

Below are a couple of videos on our Essex Designed Competition Brake Kits:

Below are a few pics of the latest BMW Factory racecars sporting AP Racing brakes (M6 GT3, M4 DTM) alongside our test mule M4...notice any similarities across all of these cars? AP Racing Radi-CAL and J Hook for the win.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #2
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Thanks so much to the gents who have offered their vehicles! We are currently scheduled to bring a car in later this week. I'll create a new post detailing the results. Please stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
MayorAdamWest
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2

Has anyone installed these AP brakes on the front? Do they stand up to hard track abuse with only the fronts changed? I'm trying to decide between a full Brembo kit (~8000), Full StopTech (~5800), or AP front (~3700). The rear brakes on the M2 look pretty meaty so if I have the same pads, I'm hoping there will be no brake bias with the AP?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest View Post
Has anyone installed these AP brakes on the front? Do they stand up to hard track abuse with only the fronts changed? I'm trying to decide between a full Brembo kit (~8000), Full StopTech (~5800), or AP front (~3700). The rear brakes on the M2 look pretty meaty so if I have the same pads, I'm hoping there will be no brake bias with the AP?
Our front kits will hold up to anything you can throw at them. Yost Autosport ran our CP9668/372mm kit on their M4 in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill and the brakes were perfect. We have a slew of C7 Z06's thrashing our 372mm Radi-CAL kits on the track every week. Many of those cars are 800hp, 3600lb. curb weight, 345 slicks, and lots of Aero. You can see their impressions and feedback in this thread.

Also, we just finished up a project with Ford Racing for their new purpose-built racecar, the Shelby FP350S. Those cars are shipping with our Radi-CAL front 372mm kit on that car as well (and our rear kit). We've done a lot of testing with Ford over the winter to dial in the brakes, and they have been stellar (and they're actually using our narrower CP9660 caliper). I'm guessing that car is fairly comparable to what your configuration will be when you're finished (550HP and 3400ish lbs.).

At any rate, our Competition Kits are going to be untouchable in terms of overall capability and running costs. There simply isn't anything else on the market, at any price, that can offer what our systems can. Every component in our kit was designed and purposefully built with track abuse in mind, whereas our competitors are offering modified street parts. Our kits are not only more stout, but they're lighter as well.

In terms of front-only vs. four wheel kit, I'd definitely urge you to try our front-only system if budget is a concern. Our front kit very closely matches the OEM brake torque output on the front. That means there isn't any negative impact on brake bias, feel, ABS intervention, etc. The M2 is far harder on the front brakes than it is on the rear. If you start with a front, you can always add the rear later if you feel you need or want it. Many of our customers install a front kit, but wait until their OEM rears wear out to do our rear kit. In the interim, a nice rear pad upgrade gets the job done.

You're also going to get a highest level of customer support from Essex/AP Racing. We bend over backwards to help our customers further enjoy their time at the track.

Let us know if you have any questions, and thanks for your consideration.
Appreciate 1
LBBDrew336.00
      04-25-2017, 07:34 AM   #5
jritt@essex
United_States
Rep

Hello Gents,

Just an FYI...pre-orders for rear Radi-CAL brake kits will start shipping out next week! One of our sales staff will be calling to collect your updated payment info. Please let them know if you need any extra pads, fluid, pad tension clips, etc. Thanks so much again to all of you who pre-ordered, and we hope you enjoy your matching rear brakes!

If you didn't pre-order, we are now accepting orders for these kits to match either of our existing front Radi-CAL kits for the M2. Click here and scroll down to see those options.

Appreciate 0