BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 CS coming with 400 HP S55 engine, in 2018

02-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #947
BFLY
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2020 BMW/M2C  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 3.5d  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
I just called BMW looking to see if they'd take a deposit on the CS, and was told it's not coming to Canada.
Can anyone else confirm this?
I contacted my dealer who is the sales manager at BMW Toronto and he told me the same thing. Big bummer as I was hoping for something smaller and more involved than my current 2015 M3, yet something more special than a standard M2.

In the same message, he did mention BMW Canada has confirmed an M4 CS, so that is positive.
I don't understand the mixed messages. The left hand doesn't know from the right hand.
I understand the secrecy around the technical speculations and the design specifics, but I don't understand the poor communication around distribution and delivery.
I waited 10months for my car, it was painful (lots of delivery changes) and I'm guessing BMW didn't care about the experience because there was someone right behind me in line, cash in hand.
The car was definitely worth the wait, but seriously turned me off BMW sales. My wife's X5 diesel, was an excellent sales experience.
I would think that BMW would want the enthusiasts to 'brag' about their experiences and drive 'the ultimate driving machine' to promote more sales.
I seriously need to 'feel the love' on my next car purchase...
Perhaps my expectations of a car company are too high, why am I so eager to give BMW my money... it must be the little boy in me that comes out as I grin like an idiot in the corners ... I guess.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      02-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #948
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
I just called BMW looking to see if they'd take a deposit on the CS, and was told it's not coming to Canada.
Quote:
I contacted my dealer who is the sales manager at BMW Toronto and he told me the same thing. Big bummer as I was hoping for something smaller and more involved than my current 2015 M3, yet something more special than a standard M2.
In the same message, he did mention BMW Canada has confirmed an M4 CS, so that is positive.
IIRC didn't they say this about the idrive 5 ???
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #949
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Both M2 CS and M4 CS are to be offered in the North American market.
And Australia? Please say we are getting this!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #950
weyland
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I'm in the UK - even though nothing is officially confirmed my dealer was happy to take a deposit. I'm #2 on the list.

If you don't get in now, you won't get one. Simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #951
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Fixed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyland View Post
I'm in the UK - even though nothing is officially confirmed my dealer was happy to take a deposit. I'm #2 on the list.

If you didn't already get in , you won't get one. Simple as that.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2017, 12:16 AM   #952
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdecisive View Post
Does anyone want to have a guess at how much that'll cost in AUD?
Based on $63000 US
The M2 CS will cost $113126.50 without rego and dealer delivery.

Luxury car tax is the killer in this rip off country: $13810.50 which is included in the above price of $113126.50

Last edited by TGDavey; 02-12-2017 at 12:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 12:26 AM   #953
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
The GTS has water injection among other things. It isn't the same engine per se.

That being said, the m2 cs is not getting a stock s55, it's going to be detuned a bit. so no i don't think it logical at all for the regular m2 to get an s55 to be...? what? detuned even more? doesn't make sense to me at all.

Also, the CS wont crater the resale of the current m2 as the "regular" m2 will be sought after for the cheaper price point and the manual transmission option (as im sure the cs will be DCT only).

Current m2 owners (who bought their cars for MSRP) will be fine and are not getting fucked over, contrary to popular believe.
Does not make sense to me why they would fit a detuned S55 engine when a N55 with a bigger turbo would achieve the same power and cheaper.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      02-12-2017, 01:17 AM   #954
Mdecisive
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGDavey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
The GTS has water injection among other things. It isn't the same engine per se.

That being said, the m2 cs is not getting a stock s55, it's going to be detuned a bit. so no i don't think it logical at all for the regular m2 to get an s55 to be...? what? detuned even more? doesn't make sense to me at all.

Also, the CS wont crater the resale of the current m2 as the "regular" m2 will be sought after for the cheaper price point and the manual transmission option (as im sure the cs will be DCT only).

Current m2 owners (who bought their cars for MSRP) will be fine and are not getting fucked over, contrary to popular believe.
Does not make sense to me why they would fit a detuned S55 engine when a N55 with a bigger turbo would achieve the same power and cheaper.
A bigger turbo would spool slower (turbo lag) and you would lose throttle response. It's a cheaper alternative rather than have to create new tuning software etc
2009 BMW 130i 6MT E87 - SOLD
2017 BMW LBB M2 DCT F87 - Current ?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #955
slashrawr
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Passat R36

Quote:
Based on $63000 US

Luxury car tax is the killer in this rip off country: $13810.50 which is included in the above price of $113126.50

I think you're on the money there - pardon the pun - $125k-$135k on the road would be my guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #956
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyland View Post
If you don't get in now, you won't get one. Simple as that.
Now? I think the time to get in came and went a while ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #957
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
And Australia? Please say we are getting this!
I do not know for sure. But there will be RHD production.
      02-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #958
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

Quote:
That's good news... I spoke with BMW Toronto, they said they had people with deposits that they refunded.
I'll be happy for him to be wrong.
They r wrong

Many dealerships around the gta already have a line up for the cs

BMW Toronto are just bsing you

They r probably just saving the car themselves and flipping them as a used car or extra admin fees
      02-14-2017, 06:45 AM   #959
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I do not know for sure. But there will be RHD production.
Thank you Scott. Given the popularity of M2 here (and all M cars), it would certainly surprise me if it doesn't come here. I have a deposit for one. Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #960
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't understand the mixed messages. The left hand doesn't know from the right hand.
I understand the secrecy around the technical speculations and the design specifics, but I don't understand the poor communication around distribution and delivery.
I waited 10months for my car, it was painful (lots of delivery changes) and I'm guessing BMW didn't care about the experience because there was someone right behind me in line, cash in hand.
The car was definitely worth the wait, but seriously turned me off BMW sales. My wife's X5 diesel, was an excellent sales experience.
I would think that BMW would want the enthusiasts to 'brag' about their experiences and drive 'the ultimate driving machine' to promote more sales.
Perhaps my expectations of a car company are too high, why am I so eager to give BMW my money... it must be the little boy in me that comes out as I grin like an idiot in the corners ... I guess.

I can't believe you haven't figured out the difference between purchasing an M2... at a time when it was THE HOTTEST CAR ON THE PLANET versus a diesel X5 that's commonly sold all over....

If you think the "poor communication around distribution and delivery " is unique to your M2 purchase experience .. Perhaps you are simply a little too used to rollouts of cellular phone models.

In the event you've never worked in retail.. I can tell you that that whether it's Starbucks, Best Buy , Prada, high quality cigars or a BMW dealer .. there are often times when a truck shows up with product that was completely unexpected.

Another person on this board posted today that their M2 arrived five weeks EARLIER than anticipated !

Four years ago I wanted the best darn plasma tv on the market. Let me tell you about "poor communication ".. it happened for months. I ended up taking the demo from the floor because it was in demand and supply had dried up so quickly. It's a good thing that I did as the big box store I was using never got any more. Guess what. It still looks AWESOME !

If you seriously need to " feel the love " from a dealer just because you purchased a *car* ..

Head right on over to your Lexus dealer ... they will give you all the that your bruised ego needs !

Once you've looked around the lot a bit, I have a feeling you'll be right back at a BMW lot.

PS. BMW doesn't need M2 owners to brag about their sales experience ( oh lord - is this really something to talk about with friends ?) .. I am sure they are doing just fine with all the media reviews and M2 buyers that are thrilled that they actually got ... THE HOTTEST CAR ON THE PLANET !
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 09:43 PM   #961
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdecisive View Post
Does anyone want to have a guess at how much that'll cost in AUD?
Based on $63000 US

$63,000 for a cs when that performance bs edition is $62,000, wishful thinking if you ask me.
      02-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #962
BFLY
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2020 BMW/M2C  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 3.5d  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can't believe you haven't figured out the difference between purchasing an M2... at a time when it was THE HOTTEST CAR ON THE PLANET versus a diesel X5 that's commonly sold all over....

If you think the "poor communication around distribution and delivery " is unique to your M2 purchase experience .. Perhaps you are simply a little too used to rollouts of cellular phone models.

In the event you've never worked in retail.. I can tell you that that whether it's Starbucks, Best Buy , Prada, high quality cigars or a BMW dealer .. there are often times when a truck shows up with product that was completely unexpected.

Another person on this board posted today that their M2 arrived five weeks EARLIER than anticipated !

Four years ago I wanted the best darn plasma tv on the market. Let me tell you about "poor communication ".. it happened for months. I ended up taking the demo from the floor because it was in demand and supply had dried up so quickly. It's a good thing that I did as the big box store I was using never got any more. Guess what. It still looks AWESOME !

If you seriously need to " feel the love " from a dealer just because you purchased a *car* ..

Head right on over to your Lexus dealer ... they will give you all the that your bruised ego needs !

Once you've looked around the lot a bit, I have a feeling you'll be right back at a BMW lot.

PS. BMW doesn't need M2 owners to brag about their sales experience ( oh lord - is this really something to talk about with friends ?) .. I am sure they are doing just fine with all the media reviews and M2 buyers that are thrilled that they actually got ... THE HOTTEST CAR ON THE PLANET !
Honestly, the demand shouldn't flaw the experience. Set the right expectations, deliver on said expectations. That's all I expect. If it's a year wait, then it's a year wait.

...and it's worth the wait. Not sure the end justify the means.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 02:58 AM   #963
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Based on $63000 US
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
$63,000 for a cs when that performance bs edition is $62,000, wishful thinking if you ask me.
$63K ? When you'll open the hood of that car, the M2 CS S55 engine will be missing inside the engine bay.
      02-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #964
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
$63K ? When you'll open the hood of that car, the M2 CS S55 engine will be missing inside the engine bay.
Reminds me of that scene in "Escape from New York"
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 09:04 PM   #965
bimmer4life24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Based on $63000 US

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What's wrong with $63k for the M2 CS? A base M3 is $64k. Is the M2 CS going to have something the M3 doesn't? Even if it does, the M3 will still have a lot more than the M2 CS (as far as material and power).

The reason behind the $62k M2 performance edition is strictly because its limited to 150 units. A way BMW can build revenue while also testing the market territory of the M2 CS IMO.
Appreciate 2
Gatte1193.00
StephGOD218.50
      02-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #966
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Hard to say, but the M2 performance edition isn't really a good comparison since it's just some BMWNA marked up bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #967
vinny84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW X5

My price prediction $74,999
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #968
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4life24 View Post
What's wrong with $63k for the M2 CS?
Although I'd *love* to be wrong here, I don't see how the M2 CS will be 63k when the M2 with some performance enhancements is 62K. BMW is smarter than that and they know there will be a long line for the M2 CS even at 70K or more.
Appreciate 0