BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Camber plate recommendation

01-04-2017, 11:28 PM   #23
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Thanks. Prompt delivery from you guys back in October. Much appreciated.
Thank you for your business! :thump:

Great plates for the money!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #24
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Thank you for your business! :thump:

Great plates for the money!
Could you send a PM for the cost of the GC plates?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #25
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Vorshlag CP update - and a favor?

So dialogued with Jason at Vorshlag about the availability of their camber plates for the M2, as the website seems to state that they need to be reengineered for the strut brace clearance, etc...

Turns out this is and issue for the M3/4, not the M2. The M2 will use the same plates as the F22. What they haven't gotten yet is the stock M2 strut shaft measurements needed to kit up the proper spacer sizing.

If I was in Dallas, I'd take my car over and let them have a look. Know it's a long shot, but here goes...

- Any body already upgrade to coi overs that has stocks laying about that could measure them?

- Anybody in North Dallas Area interested in this that could stop over?

Track season is coming!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #26
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn View Post
So dialogued with Jason at Vorshlag about the availability of their camber plates for the M2, as the website seems to state that they need to be reengineered for the strut brace clearance, etc...

Turns out this is and issue for the M3/4, not the M2. The M2 will use the same plates as the F22. What they haven't gotten yet is the stock M2 strut shaft measurements needed to kit up the proper spacer sizing.

If I was in Dallas, I'd take my car over and let them have a look. Know it's a long shot, but here goes...

- Any body already upgrade to coi overs that has stocks laying about that could measure them?

Track season is coming!
I'm in Dallas, but can't get an allocation! lol.
Appreciate 1
rjn42.50
      01-09-2017, 05:27 PM   #27
Gimmethecash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:

Track season is coming!
My car is at the dealer getting MP coilovers installed - I should have my stock legs back tomorrow. Would have been today, but the kit lists a bunch of one-time use nuts in the installation instructions that need to be replaced, but it doesn't include them
Appreciate 1
rjn42.50
      01-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #28
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn

Track season is coming!
If your nervous on availability prior to track season then you can go with either ground control or TCKline. Both are available now.
      01-10-2017, 12:08 AM   #29
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:

Track season is coming!
Yes, for the OE set-up they will need to verify a few things. For true coilovers we have sold may using the F22 plates.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #30
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If your nervous on availability prior to track season then you can go with either ground control or TCKline. Both are available now.
Thanks. I get that. I actually prefer the Vorshlag design approach for a street/track car.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #31
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmethecash View Post
My car is at the dealer getting MP coilovers installed - I should have my stock legs back tomorrow. Would have been today, but the kit lists a bunch of one-time use nuts in the installation instructions that need to be replaced, but it doesn't include them
That sounds promising. Jason at Vorshlag sent me an email with a picture of the dimensions they need, but I'm forum-pic-posting challenged....
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #32
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn
Quote:
Thanks. I get that. I actually prefer the Vorshlag design approach for a street/track car.
Just curious. What is unique with their design as that is my application? I already have the TCKlines but am curious to their differentiator.
      01-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #33
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just curious. What is unique with their design as that is my application? I already have the TCKlines but am curious to their differentiator.
The radial bearing in addition to a spherical one (it's discussed on their site), while maintaining a low stack up height, and the expectation of incrementally more clunk free street miles.

Full disclosure, I've owned TC Kline and GC plates before on track cars - no performance complaints, but before long noisier than I'd prefer on a street car if there are options
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #34
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Here is a couple of shots of the Vorshlag plates going on a customer's M2 with Ohlins R&T.

MCS Two-way coming off...too stiff for street use as claimed by customer, but great on the track.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
S1monQc223.50
      01-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #35
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Here is a couple of shots of the Vorshlag plates going on a customer's M2 with Ohlins R&T.

MCS Two-way coming off...too stiff for street use as claimed by customer, but great on the track.
I am interested in the MCS if the customer is looking to sell
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 11:32 PM   #36
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I am interested in the MCS if the customer is looking to sell
Send me an email so I can get back to you.

Harold@hpautosport.com
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #37
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sounds promising. Jason at Vorshlag sent me an email with a picture of the dimensions they need, but I'm forum-pic-posting challenged....
Finally figured out how to at least attach pics...Would any upgraders be able to slap a caliper and get these measurements from the stock struts?

Name:  Vorshlag diagram.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  139.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #38
_pancho_
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: modified F87 M2 Man -17

What options are there for front camber plates for kW v3 ?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #39
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Who has the best price on TC or GC camber plates for stock suspension?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #40
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
PM incoming.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #41
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Not sure on price, but I have had excellent service from HP Autosport. Many times they have worked with me to expedite pads to make it in time for a track day, etc. With something like camber plates where it is possible things can go wrong (bearings, etc) I would buy from someone you know will have your back in the event of an issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #42
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I just got the Ground Control camber plates delivered...Nice piece of engineering, and looks to be a well matured design. Really liking the adjustability with explicit reference marks, combined with both spherical and axial bearings. It's also designed to reuse the stock spring pad, so hoping for good NVH characteristics as well.

Will have in place for VIR end of the month...BTW, I got mine direct from GC
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #43
GCSystems
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
I just got the Ground Control camber plates delivered...Nice piece of engineering, and looks to be a well matured design. Really liking the adjustability with explicit reference marks, combined with both spherical and axial bearings. It's also designed to reuse the stock spring pad, so hoping for good NVH characteristics as well.

Will have in place for VIR end of the month...BTW, I got mine direct from GC
Happy to hear you received your plates! Be sure to give us a call if you have any questions during or after install.

Trevor
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #44
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
Rep
Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
I've had the GC's on since January. no problems on the street and no discernable increase in road noise. haven't had a chance to track yet. i like the marks on the kit as well. helps for making adjustments on the fly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1