BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > A quality suspension changed my life - share your story

02-27-2024, 05:11 PM   #1
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

A quality suspension changed my life - share your story

The wait for my Nitrons to be developed is both exciting and maddening. I'm hoping to live through the experience of others while a wait. Please share how your upgrade to a high quality suspension changed your perception of suspension upgrades, your car, or both. What would you do different? Are you glad you went single adjustable or 3-way, etc. what was the biggest surprise or most unexpected benefit.

Thanks in advance for your replies
      02-27-2024, 05:31 PM   #2
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

You’ve heard my .02 so I’ll just drop this interview with the head of Nitron:
Appreciate 2
gnx759.50
      02-27-2024, 06:30 PM   #3
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Great video. Seems like Nitron is kinda like a sleeping giant that's about to wake up here in the US. Cant wait to get them. I get tired of cringing before I hit a bump or dip in the road.

I'm glad they mentioned the app. My guess is they are already integrating the axel lift with GPS.
      02-28-2024, 02:07 PM   #4
projekt-
Cruisin'
Rep
Drives: '19 LBB M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
The wait for my Nitrons to be developed is both exciting and maddening. I'm hoping to live through the experience of others while a wait. Please share how your upgrade to a high quality suspension changed your perception of suspension upgrades, your car, or both. What would you do different? Are you glad you went single adjustable or 3-way, etc. what was the biggest surprise or most unexpected benefit.

Thanks in advance for your replies
I think at this point it's cliche to say (although the truth), but eliminating the "crashing" feel you get on OEM suspension was a huge improvement at least on the M2C. I know on the CS, you have EDC so your OEM experience is probably different than mine.

Since my car is now lowered, it is much more stable and feels even more planted while driving. It's phenomenal. It has definitely given me more confidence with the car.

My next upgrade is to do a square setup, which I have heard plenty if not all positive things about. Eventually, I may do links for front and rear which I believe will enhance the handling even more.

For my use case, which is street, mountain/twisties and spirited driving, I have no regrets and have been incredibly happy.

I am on Ohlins R&T - 3DM.
      02-28-2024, 03:33 PM   #5
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Happy with my MPS for the street for sure, the only thing I'd do differently is on the initial install I would have removed the rear adjusters instead of doing it later.

I do wish the spring rate was a tiny bit softer, but it is what it is, for the money.

I adore the Ohlins on my Exige, different league, different everything. Wouldn't trade them for anything. They were $7K list I think, but I got them for $1700, so I'm way ahead.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2024, 03:36 PM   #6
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Happy with my MPS for the street for sure, the only thing I'd do differently is on the initial install I would have removed the rear adjusters instead of doing it later.

I do wish the spring rate was a tiny bit softer, but it is what it is, for the money.

I adore the Ohlins on my Exige, different league, different everything. Wouldn't trade them for anything. They were $7K list I think, but I got them for $1700, so I'm way ahead.
What would you put your finger on as being the major difference between the MPS vs online.
      02-28-2024, 06:51 PM   #7
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
What would you put your finger on as being the major difference between the MPS vs online.
The LS Ohlins are perfectly sprung/damped for 1 car, and one car alone. They are fantastic on the street, and impossibly good once you tighten them up. I'm not a suspension guru, all I know is how they make the car feel. My Exige handles better on the soft setting than the M2 does on the hard setting. Part of that is weight, of course, but they are just so good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1