Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2Seoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
So that's what $1K less than an M2 with an automatic transmission? Not horrible BUT comparably equipped the Audi will command a hefty premium I would imagine. That said some of the optional stuff is better (i.e. B&O vs HK) so not exactly like for like but close enough.
I just went on BMW's website and built an M2 with Exec Pkg and DCT and it comes out to be $57,795 in Alpine White. So if the RS3 is $55,450 then it's actually $2,345 cheaper. I included the Exec Pkg because the Audi does come with Audi Pre Sense Basic and Blind Spot Monitoring to make it more on par equipment wise.

I know and am the first to admit that this is not an apple to apples comparison, but people interested in a BMW M2 will also be interested in an Audi RS3 and even the Merc AMG CLA 45. So just to make the options and specs similar I added the Exec Pkg.
Makes sense. And unlike most other BMW vs competition there's no inherent leasing advantage here. Probably true for most if not all Ms. For those looking to lease it's not like 240 vs S3 which drives disproportionate volume to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #134
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Rs3 pricing guide is out. $66k fully kitted.
Not sure I'm finding it that competitive with the M2 at that price. However, I would not add the $4900 package that include ceramic brakes. Interestingly, they've only included the ceramics with the fixed RS suspension (which maybe is a coilover setup, I don't know). Real bargain for front ceramic brakes, but the adjustable suspension seems a better choice. This leaves the RS about comparable with a performance package M2. Of course the options aren't really comparable. For the $61k, the RS3 will be a very competitive package, with tons of good equipment. I wonder how the CS will compare in price. If the 400 hp CS is $70k, I think it will be cool to have, but not a really good value.
Would anyone cross shop these? Of course they are about the same price. Not sure I'm so excited about a 4dr sedan without flares, but once you get inside the car is a lot better optioned and the 400hp motor sounds pretty sweet.

Last edited by ryem3; 04-07-2017 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #135
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

I just got the USA full line Audi 2018 ordering guide, but it doesn't have pricing on it for the RS3 thought all over the web says $55,450, so very competitive considering AWD, DSG, Virtual Cockpit etc. I haven't compared in detail yet, but looks same as Canada, with the key bad news being it comes standard with the Panoramic Sunroof with no option to delete. What good is a performance car when its loaded with weight adding junk? DSG only is bad enough, but a giant slab of glass too? yuck. Still waiting on an M2 allocation.

Last edited by Spinnetti; 04-07-2017 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #136
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
I just got the USA full line Audi 2018 ordering guide, but it doesn't have pricing on it for the RS3 thought all over the web says $55,450, so very competitive considering AWD, DSG, Virtual Cockpit etc. I haven't compared in detail yet, but looks same as Canada, with the key bad news being it comes standard with the Panoramic Sunroof with no option to delete. What good is a performance car when its loaded with weight adding junk? DSG only is bad enough, but a giant slab of glass too? yuck. Still waiting on an M2 allocation.
So it's not dual clutch like the tt rs?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #137
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Dual clutch of course, but the virtual dash and the b&o audio are with the tech package, which adds $3900 to the price. I consider the giant roof in the base price a bonus. Are you really going to track a car like this? Even with the roof, I expect the track times for this car will be impressive. Note that the other optional packages, which include fixed suspension and ceramic brakes, take the car to the full $66k. Pretty much on par with an m2 with m performance parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #138
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Dual clutch of course, but the virtual dash and the b&o audio are with the tech package, which adds $3900 to the price. I consider the giant roof in the base price a bonus. Are you really going to track a car like this? Even with the roof, I expect the track times for this car will be impressive. Note that the other optional packages, which include fixed suspension and ceramic brakes, take the car to the full $66k. Pretty much on par with an m2 with m performance parts.
No, I won't track it - I have two race cars for that. That said, I wring out my street cars every day, and the lighter the better. I don't care about features as much as lightness. Mostly I want it how I want it, and don't like my choices limited and a bunch of mandatory packages bloating the price as well as weight. I'd gladly trade the pano roof for the virtual cockpit for instance.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 08:51 AM   #139
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
The benefit of CCB is the ability to resist heat and endure multiple track laps. Only folks who track their cars (or those who have shit tons of money) opt for this expensive upgrade. CCB don't shorten stopping distances. So here's the million dollar question....

Why does Audi offer them? Who tracks Audi's?
Appreciate 3
Robin_NL8717.00
M-Azing19.50
      04-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #140
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Here's a Canadian invoice I had done about a month back.
Attached Images

04-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #141
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Where are you guys finding the RS3 prices? I can't find anything on Audi USA, and my wife wants to start playing with options!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #142
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Other than the Standard virtual cockpit, what are the advantages for the TT RS since it costs more with the same engine and less doors?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #143
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GranCoupeOLEDlights View Post
Other than the Standard virtual cockpit, what are the advantages for the TT RS since it costs more with the same engine and less doors?
The acceleration figures seem to be slower than the TTRS - could that be a weight issue?

Also, I'd imagine the TTRS has more track tuned suspension?

Last edited by AndyinHou; 04-08-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #144
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
The benefit of CCB is the ability to resist heat and endure multiple track laps. Only folks who track their cars (or those who have shit tons of money) opt for this expensive upgrade. CCB don't shorten stopping distances. So here's the million dollar question....

Why does Audi offer them? Who tracks Audi's?
Its all marketing. .00001% of true expensive performance cars get regularly worked out how they were designed. Its about conspicuous consumption and ego gratification mostly. In the case of the M2 or RS3, I'd think less so as neither is impressive to the average person, and more targeted to people that "get it". You don't even need carbon brakes on the race track - just good pads. Cool to have that option though, even though I would never get it. Personally, I don't care how good a street car is, its a waste of money on the track. A real race car is much cheaper and much more fun on track than any stock street car so the whole "who tracks their ....." really is dumb anyway. If you want to really drive, get or build a real race car, and compete. Nothing else like it!
Appreciate 1
M2 CSL446.50
      04-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #145
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyinHou View Post
The acceleration figures seem to be slower than the TTRS - could that be a weight issue?

yeah, basically weight. Less car, and more aluminum components. I bet the real world difference in speed is less, but you need to create some marketing space between the cars also.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #146
M2GranCoupeOLEDlights
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Magnetic suspension is standard on TT RS, isnit standard too on RS3?

Yeah, it weighs less so slightly faster in a straight line.

But still, 10,000 bucks more...the exhaust is probably louder on the TT RS, has VIrtual C. Standard and both front and rear are LED, is it the same for RS3?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #147
Dethsupp0rt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Where are you guys finding the RS3 prices? I can't find anything on Audi USA, and my wife wants to start playing with options!
Configurator isn't up yet.

Press release:

http://www.media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/157

Limited run 2017 w/prices:

View post on imgur.com

2018 sans prices:

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #148
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post

Press release:

View post on imgur.com

2018 sans prices:

View post on imgur.com
Thanks man.

Looks like my wife might get her car before I get mine (scheduled for a June production)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #149
///M2Seoul
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi RS 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post

Press release:

View post on imgur.com

2018 sans prices:

View post on imgur.com
LOL, you're in Chicago too. You beat me to it. I went to Fletcher Jones Audi this Saturday and spoke with their "Certified RS Technician" and he told me to not believe anything I read online. Then he provides me with the same 2017 and 2018 spec sheet that you posted.

So from what I read, and it's been repeated numerous times on different sites, "Only a limited number of 2017 Audi RS 3 sedans will be produced, but they will be the first vehicles arriving in the U.S. and will be preconfigured with carbon fiber inlays, Audi virtual cockpit with MMI Navigation plus, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, 19-inch five-arm-blade design wheels with titanium finish, red brake calipers and the RS sport exhaust system with black tips."

The Certified Tech with over 20+ years experience with Audi tells me that's bologna or baloney, however you want to spell it. He shows me the spec sheet and tells me that I have to configure the car with the "Tech Pkg" ($3,900) if I want the virtual cockpit, MMI navi and B&O sound, the "Dynamic Pkg" ($1,450) if I want the 19" 5-arm blade wheel in titanium, Red brake calipers and Sport exhaust with black tips and finally the "RS Carbon Inlay" ($600). So the typical salesman up-sell spiel which brings the grand total of $61,400 incld. destination. Is that worth it? For $55,450, yes it is, but for $61,400, that's a big fat NO for me.

So at the end of the day he's right and I'm wrong along with all the Journalists that wrote the articles about the 2017 RS3 Sedans being preconfigured and coming to America. Whatevers! So I go ahead and configure the RS3 the way I want, put down the $1,000 fully refundable deposit and be on way.

Now, the only reason I did this was because I don't know 100% what BMW is going to do with the LCI M2, at this point it's all speculative. So in the mean time I might as well put a deposit down on the RS3 as a backup and wait.

Hopefully BMW wises up and brings out the LCI M2 with their version of the virtual cockpit, LED headlights and tails, Mag ride, then I get my refund back, transfer it over to good ol BMW and wait for the LCI M2.

If not, then hopefully the RS zen master was wrong and the 2017's are preconfigured and priced at $55,450 and BMW fails to add their version of the virtual cockpit and the M2 ends up just with LED headlights and tails, then the 2017 RS3 it is.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #150
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Its all marketing. .00001% of true expensive performance cars get regularly worked out how they were designed. Its about conspicuous consumption and ego gratification mostly. In the case of the M2 or RS3, I'd think less so as neither is impressive to the average person, and more targeted to people that "get it". You don't even need carbon brakes on the race track - just good pads. Cool to have that option though, even though I would never get it. Personally, I don't care how good a street car is, its a waste of money on the track. A real race car is much cheaper and much more fun on track than any stock street car so the whole "who tracks their ....." really is dumb anyway. If you want to really drive, get or build a real race car, and compete. Nothing else like it!
Haha.. agreed.. though that doesn't explain why these cars still come with x-drilled rotors.

For the posts above about stock options, Canadian cars come with the "tech package" stock which is the upgraded MMI, virtual cockpit.
      04-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #151
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Don't forget if you need 4 doors the 2-Series GC is coming.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #152
vassili
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan

think i'm in a good position to comment on this. was looking at the M2. wait list too long and good luck getting one at MSRP in canada.

2017 M2 w/DCT and LBB colour (no other options)
MSRP: $71,159 CAN (used 2016 with 1k+ km going for $75k+ online)

2018 RS3 w/DCT and Catalunya red colour (+options)
MSRP: $62,900 + $2,450 options + 2.2% discount = $63,912.30 CAN
ETA Early Aug.

Options:
special paint: $800
red calipers: $400
black optics: $850
255 tires: $400

i negotiated a 2.2% off msrp after many lengthy convos with sales. RS3 sedan is actually $7246.70 cheaper. not to mention what's standard that are not in the m2.

virtual cockpit
mag ride
matrix LEDs
pre-sense basic
B&O speakers
pano roof (some may not want this, but i want it)
better seats with better leather (no crooked seats lol)
400 horses
AWD

what the RS3 is missing is the widebody "holy shyte" look at that thing reaction. that is the only drawback for me. i prefer awd since i'm in canada and prefer 4 doors since it's more practical and the price is not something you can just ignore.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #153
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep

Wow.. I thought M2 would be the "value play"... didn't expect the RS3 to be cheaper.. Here in the states it will be relatively more expensive I think. Been waiting for an M2 forever, so will probably land in a RS3 - wish it looked more special though in the traditional RS widebody look. That said, a used R8 just popped up which is just in range... might just get that if I can get wife approval.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 05:25 PM   #154
Dethsupp0rt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2Seoul View Post
LOL, you're in Chicago too. You beat me to it. I went to Fletcher Jones Audi this Saturday and spoke with their "Certified RS Technician" and he told me to not believe anything I read online. Then he provides me with the same 2017 and 2018 spec sheet that you posted.
I went to my local dealer a few weeks ago, but they still didn't have any info. I'll have to go back when the 2018 order guide is officially released and see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2Seoul View Post
So at the end of the day he's right and I'm wrong along with all the Journalists that wrote the articles about the 2017 RS3 Sedans being preconfigured and coming to America. Whatevers! So I go ahead and configure the RS3 the way I want, put down the $1,000 fully refundable deposit and be on way.
Well, technically they're correct. The 2017s are preconfigured with all the stuff you wrote . . . but not at the base price. You can only get them in that configuration, but you have to pay for base PLUS the cost of those options.
Appreciate 0