BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > stock logs, does this look ok?

10-19-2022, 12:15 PM   #1
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

stock logs, does this look ok?

I took 2 datalogs this morning. Stock tune. Car has cheap MAD intercooler and charge pipe but nothing else. Logs were done in 3rd gear with traction control long-press off. I just dont have the room to safely do a 4th gear pull.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6350...0b4387e42f384f

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6350...90c6af239b2717

I'm not an expert by any means but I thought it was strange how near the end of both logs, boost started to creep higher than requested and throttle angle dips even though I'm 100% throttle. Is this normal behavior and if so, why? Also throttle angle is rarely 100% in my logs even though most other logs i see have 100% throttle angle for almost the entire pull? Why would my car do this?

I also noticed that some cylinders are pulling timing more compared to others, is this normal too?

Lastly, what is typical stock boost level? My car looks to be targeting around 11-12psi, for some reason i thought stock boost was higher than that.

Just trying to make sure my car is healthy before I stick the tune on it. I have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with the car, it runs fine. At times i think it feels slow but i think ive just gotten used to the power. It ran a 13.2 quarter mile just a couple weeks ago so theres definitely nothing horribly wrong with it.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by Joebie; 10-19-2022 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0