BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Problems with windscreen wash

01-20-2024, 05:05 AM   #1
AJ_Daubz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Problems with windscreen wash

Hello, I've been having a few strange issues with the windscreen wash lately.

Yesterday I was on a long drive, it's freezing here at the moment so when the windscreen wash didn't work I just assumed something was iced up, however about an hour of driving later it was still not working. When I stopped and tried to operate the washer, there was no noise at all from the pump. I assumed the pump had probably failed, but went to top up the fluid anyway just in case (there was no low level alarm). After filling it up, everything started to work perfectly.

I'm wondering if maybe the low lvl sensor has failed potentially and the tank was actually empty the whole time. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have recently had a mouse in the engine bay, but as far as I could tell it only chewed through a bit of heat shield around a cable, and not through any wires, perhaps the sensor in question has been damaged by it?

I'd appreciate any thoughts, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 03:28 AM   #2
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

The washer jets individually have wires going to them, I don't know if they're defrosters?
Appreciate 0