United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsm2 View Post
My mini beast
That's actually a really interesting photo. Would be even better without that advertisement on the pole, but I can Photoshop that out. Do you have that photo at a decent resolution, I'd like to see it larger. It's such a beautiful car - my first stop on the computer each morning is the LBB Photos thread on this forum to see if anyone has posted new shots of their M2. Such a great color, fantastic lines, sweet car. My passion for cars really dwindled over the last 10 years...and then I saw my first photo of an LBB M2. You're a lucky individual!

Edit: Just saw the other thread - this was an anniversary gift? Fantastic!
I think the res is is what the forum lets me upload.
Attached Images

12-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #24
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I wanted an M3 until the M2 came out. Bought one & love the car. Don't care what iteration of the M2 comes next; I never live for the "next best thing."

But to answer the OP, I think they'll be saying 'nah, don't need the current M2, gonna wait to see what comes next, as it surely is gonna be better.'
Lol, very true. Don't forget the cs/csl is still hear say and is not fact. After the s engine it will be time for the all new 2 series / M2, you will see people saying they will wait for the new model. If you wait you will never buy one.
      12-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #25
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoyes View Post
The S52 M Coupe and Roadsters remained legit cars even when the S54 versions of the same cars came out. Granted, they were all "S" motors, but it's the situation most like this one. No frauds. All great M cars. Happy drivers. Once both versions are available in the secondary market, it's a just a matter of picking which engine you like best. No different than color or transmission.
The resale on the S54 coupes is way higher though. (I still prefer S52 for the low-end tq and cable throttle)
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #26
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I wanted an M3 until the M2 came out. Bought one & love the car. Don't care what iteration of the M2 comes next; I never live for the "next best thing."

But to answer the OP, I think they'll be saying 'nah, don't need the current M2, gonna wait to see what comes next, as it surely is gonna be better.'
Lol, very true. Don't forget the cs/csl is still hear say and is not fact. After the s engine it will be time for the all new 2 series / M2, you will see people saying they will wait for the new model. If you wait you will never buy one.
True that
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #27
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I hate these m2 vs M2 comp threads. Honestly 3/4 of the people that own the N55 M2 dont/can’t utilize all its power. The S55 version is overkill and satisfies the must have the better/faster car crowd even though they’ll never utilize that power. At the moment the N55 is balanced, with maybe slightly more power than it needs. The S55 will be a twitchy beast and a handful on track.

IMO the N55 M2 with better cooling is the ideal M2.
Appreciate 2
Wilsm2187.50
      12-26-2017, 03:04 AM   #28
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by importriders View Post
I hate these m2 vs M2 comp threads. Honestly 3/4 of the people that own the N55 M2 dont/can’t utilize all its power. The S55 version is overkill and satisfies the must have the better/faster car crowd even though they’ll never utilize that power. At the moment the N55 is balanced, with maybe slightly more power than it needs. The S55 will be a twitchy beast and a handful on track.

IMO the N55 M2 with better cooling is the ideal M2.
That's what I'm saying. I started this thread as all the other treads are negative and one sided.
I bet a number of members who put a negative spin to the threads do not own a M2 or even a M car.

If what my local dealer says is true and I don't know why he would lie, "they are one of the biggest M cars dealers and 2nd to Park lane in London, will only be getting only 3 Cs/csl and they have 5 deposits. There will be disappointment for 2. Like I said if this is true and your are a average buyer, they won't give you a 2nd thought, they will look after there customers who buys loads of cars.

I had a member ask me where are got my amazing deal, I contacted the sales Manager to ask if I could pass on his details, he informed me I can't but they have sold all there allocation of M2s and can't take any orders till 2nd Q of 2018. Thread below.

UK dealer M2 supply is limited http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1449989
      12-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #29
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
I remember when the 1M first came out, people were complaining about the N54 not being a true M engine. That talk seems to have passed entirely. In fact, it seems to have become the most coveted M car in recent history.

The fact that the M2 will eventually exist with another engine will make the N55 cars no less great, and likely no less coveted in the future IMO.
You have to do the thought experiment if after the n54 1m they did another model year placing the s65 engine into the following years car. How fondly would people view the n54 version? They probably wouldn't. Obviously everyone would be wishing they had picked up the classic s65 version of the 1m, with the "proper" m engine.

The s55 m2 will be looked back on as the way the m2 was supposed to be. The n55 version a fraud and a cruel joke on early suckers.
Fraud ???? How can it be fraud when it's the first M2.

If BMW release a full electric M car and they will, will that car be a fraud ??????

The way I look at it, if it states it's a M car on the log book it's a true M car.
The S52 M Coupe and Roadsters remained legit cars even when the S54 versions of the same cars came out. Granted, they were all "S" motors, but it's the situation most like this one. No frauds. All great M cars. Happy drivers. Once both versions are available in the secondary market, it's a just a matter of picking which engine you like best. No different than color or transmission.
The same is also true of the 95-99 E36 M3.

S50 vs S52 vs 2 door vs 4 door really doesn't make much of a difference in the price in the secondary market.

Automatic transmission however ...
Appreciate 1
Wilsm2187.50
      12-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #30
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

In a year or 2, people will be saying what people will be saying in a year or 2.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2017, 01:23 PM   #31
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
In a year or 2, people will be saying what people will be saying in a year or 2.
The good thing to know is that the M2 will still be being produced two years from today
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #32
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Who cares about what they will say in one to two years...

If you're bless enough to have acquired a M2, simply shut up and drive!
Appreciate 1
Wilsm2187.50
      12-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #33
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

In a year or two:
  • a current M2 owner may be saying that a couple of years of M2 driving fun have been enjoyed;
  • a non M2 owner may be saying that a couple of years of M2 driving fun have been lost / passed by;
  • both may agree that, from hindsight, a 2017 thread entitled "M2 vs M2 cs what will people be saying in a year or 2" was actually pretty pointless.
      12-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #34
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
Who cares about what they will say in one to two years...

If you're bless enough to have acquired a M2, simply shut up and drive!
Exactly, there are to many threads with negative vibe.

Enjoy this amazing car now, it makes me laugh how many people are hoping and dreaming for this mind blowing M2 cs/csl. While they talk and dream, I'm driving an amazing car and smiling every time.