BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Oct/Nov/Dec Allocations - post here

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #23
M2Gezr
New Member
6
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: 2018 LBB M2
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South Bay, LA

iTrader: (0)

I was awaiting an allocation. Chapman BMW notified me today they received an allocation. I no longer need it so wanted to pass this along. Hopefully someone here can jump on it!
__________________
2018 LBB M2
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2015 Fiat 500e
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #24
ZPrime
I INDIC8
ZPrime's Avatar
United_States
354
Rep
975
Posts

Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (0)

BMW Cleveland (in Solon) may have gotten their next round of allocations, since I just got a phone call from them telling me my slot had come up... I was on their waitlist back in April, but then got an allocation sooner from a different dealership, so I canceled and got my deposit back. Don't think they had anybody behind me, but no way to know for sure.

So if you're looking for an allocation, try giving them a call before they spec it to their own stupid standards with a ton of M-Perf stuff and other MSRP-padders.
__________________
2004 Matrix XRS 6MT => 2008 VW R32 DSG => 2012 Audi TTRS 6MT => 2018 BMW ///M2 6MT
I'm an IT guy by trade and tech nerd by choice.
I like HPDEs, parts of US Hwy 129, NC 28, and the Cherohala Skyway.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #25
Bt12
Captain
281
Rep
749
Posts

Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bicoastal

iTrader: (0)

Just got my production date for Oct some time
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #26
Nicole421
New Member
10
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: in process of getting one
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

M2 Allocation

My Dealership in NY received 3 M2 Quarter 4 allocations today. Week 47 builds.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #27
damills
Private First Class
United_States
38
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: 2004 M3 6spd 2018 M2 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

cars.com show 49 new 2017 and 2018 m2's

Sounds from members responses that the M2 is allocated quarterly, not each month. Anyone disagree?

I surfed cars.com a few minutes ago, there are

2018 M2 - 25
2017 M2 - 24

For a total of 49 being sold new with no miles on them . There seems to be alot for sale no one has spec'ed or some maybe the buyer backed out on or some without a buyer and dealer spec'ed it, maybe this is the end of the long waits.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 12:09 AM   #28
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
146
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: ...
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Gezr View Post
I was awaiting an allocation. Chapman BMW notified me today they received an allocation. I no longer need it so wanted to pass this along. Hopefully someone here can jump on it!
Chapman in AZ? They got me one yesterday as well... or maybe it was yours?

Either way, I got an allocation yesterday & placed an order today.

Production number: xxxxxxx
Week: 45
Status: 111
Req. prod: 2017/11/45
Dealer: Chapman BMW (AZ)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 01:49 PM   #29
M2Gezr
New Member
6
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: 2018 LBB M2
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South Bay, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Chapman in AZ? They got me one yesterday as well... or maybe it was yours?

Either way, I got an allocation yesterday & placed an order today.

Production number: xxxxxxx
Week: 45
Status: 111
Req. prod: 2017/11/45
Dealer: Chapman BMW (AZ)
Congrats! Hopefully the wait won't be too hard
__________________
2018 LBB M2
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2015 Fiat 500e
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #30
teombe
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: '18 M2
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Chapman in AZ? They got me one yesterday as well... or maybe it was yours?

Either way, I got an allocation yesterday & placed an order today.

Production number: xxxxxxx
Week: 45
Status: 111
Req. prod: 2017/11/45
Dealer: Chapman BMW (AZ)
Funny, me too! They must've had a few of them allocated... either that or the market is softening a bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 08:42 PM   #31
BMWPWR18
Private
United_States
42
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: 87' 535is, 18'M2
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Got a call from my sales advisor today with good news that allocation is open for my build. Went ahead and placed the order, will update with status after I get production number. I'm in Michigan
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #32
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
146
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: ...
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teombe View Post
Funny, me too! They must've had a few of them allocated... either that or the market is softening a bit.
How cool is that... Did you get a week 45 build also?

If I understand it correctly, that is the week the car finishes production. So, that's the first full week in November... should be here early December.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #33
Jhero
Enlisted Member
Canada
5
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: W40 LBB M2 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Checking but a week 40 build means it's scheduled to finish production IN the 40th week?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 08:15 PM   #34
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
110
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhero View Post
Checking but a week 40 build means it's scheduled to finish production IN the 40th week?
Correct - a week 40 car should FINISH production some time during week 40.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 11:49 PM   #35
teombe
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: '18 M2
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
How cool is that... Did you get a week 45 build also?
I dropped by to get my trade appraised yesterday, made my deposit and got my Vehicle Inquiry Report with my production number on it. I asked my CA what the expected build week would be, and he said he'd email me that info. So far, no email Hopefully, it's a week 45 build as well... we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #36
steelesm
Enlisted Member
United_States
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 18" M3 YMB ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chicago Metro

iTrader: (0)

So I can take a week 50 allocation or wait for the first allocation my CA gets in 2018. I prefer to not take delivery during the Chicago winter since it won't be my DD. Other than getting the car sooner, any benefit to taking the week 50 allocation versus waiting?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #37
jmr0311
First Lieutenant
jmr0311's Avatar
32
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: 18' YMB M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (0)

Placed an order last week thanks to my CA at Alderson BMW in Lubbock, TX.

Production Number: xxxxxxx
Week: 49
Status: 111
Prod Comp: Mid December

January or February delivery. Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #38
bobert
Captain
United_States
506
Rep
783
Posts

Drives: manual shift cars
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MD, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr0311 View Post
Placed an order last week thanks to my CA at Alderson BMW in Lubbock, TX.

Production Number: xxxxxxx
Week: 49
Status: 111
Prod Comp: Mid December

January or February delivery. Can't wait
My allocation (just finished production Saturday) was from there as well - in fact, just mailed the contract and payment back to them a couple hours ago.

(311? )
__________________
2018 M2: BSM, Exec, 6MT (ED on 10/5/17, re-delivery on 11/30/17) My BSM M2 European Delivery Story
2013 335i M-Sport sedan: BSM, 403M wheels, walnut trim, 6MT (gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 01:25 AM   #39
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
110
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelesm View Post
So I can take a week 50 allocation or wait for the first allocation my CA gets in 2018. I prefer to not take delivery during the Chicago winter since it won't be my DD. Other than getting the car sooner, any benefit to taking the week 50 allocation versus waiting?
If it's just going to sit in your garage until spring, I can't see any good reason to do it now. Why pay for it to sit idle and depreciate?

The only risks I can see in waiting are
1) the allocation you get later might deliver the car later than what you'd prefer.
2) mid-model-year price increase (unlikely, but not impossible),
3) Increase in cost of money (a risk only if you would finance).
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #40
steelesm
Enlisted Member
United_States
5
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 18" M3 YMB ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Chicago Metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
If it's just going to sit in your garage until spring, I can't see any good reason to do it now. Why pay for it to sit idle and depreciate?

The only risks I can see in waiting are
1) the allocation you get later might deliver the car later than what you'd prefer.
2) mid-model-year price increase (unlikely, but not impossible),
3) Increase in cost of money (a risk only if you would finance).

Thanks for your thoughts, I decided to just take the wk 50 allocation. I have a heated garage so I can just sit and stare at it for a month or so while the snow melts...lol
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #41
Bt12
Captain
281
Rep
749
Posts

Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bicoastal

iTrader: (0)

^why stare at it,...isnt it easier to drift in the snow. Lol
Appreciate 1
ZPrime354.00

      09-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #42
ZPrime
I INDIC8
ZPrime's Avatar
United_States
354
Rep
975
Posts

Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
^why stare at it,...isnt it easier to drift in the snow. Lol
Exactly. I should be getting mine in October, I'll probably just be able to get through break-in before I put snow tires on it...
__________________
2004 Matrix XRS 6MT => 2008 VW R32 DSG => 2012 Audi TTRS 6MT => 2018 BMW ///M2 6MT
I'm an IT guy by trade and tech nerd by choice.
I like HPDEs, parts of US Hwy 129, NC 28, and the Cherohala Skyway.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #43
wheeze
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelesm View Post
Thanks for your thoughts, I decided to just take the wk 50 allocation. I have a heated garage so I can just sit and stare at it for a month or so while the snow melts...lol
I also just got a week 50 allocation (December 11-16). In discussion with my salesman i decided to do PCD which is a minimum of 8 weeks after but upto 12 weeks after, so that makes it late february to early march which means i should be able to drive back from SC. He also floated the idea of ED to pick up car, but not drive (save $) and further delay delivery a few weeks. Can't do the ED due to schedule but interesting idea.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #44
ORIGIN M.
.
ORIGIN M.'s Avatar
2654
Rep
8,721
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Hemisphere

iTrader: (0)

.

Week 45

November build slot.

I have my production #

Car should arrive in January
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST