BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Just Placed My Order

01-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #89
QueWhy
Rep
Drives: F80or/87/22 ED 4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver37 View Post
After doing a few ED's for clients I've realized that BMW makes it a bit of a challenge to get "quick" ED turn around time.

The process alone takes a bit of time.

I will reach out to NA tomorrow and check and see what the earliest dates will be for ED for you though.
I've done some searching and googling and can't seem to find a definitive answer on how soon you can schedule an ED, I've seen a lot of threads about how far out. Just reading through the forum it seems people getting deals done now are getting their desired pickup dates in Mar, Apr, May.

I realize I am cutting it close but this is just how things worked out. I'll be in Germany for 90-150 days and could push back the pick up if there was no other option. I'd also settle for a base 228i or 328i if there was no chance at a F80/87.

Sorry to derail your thread and thank you for the info.

Last edited by QueWhy; 01-25-2016 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #90
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueWhy
Quote:
After doing a few ED's for clients I've realized that BMW makes it a bit of a challenge to get "quick" ED turn around time.

The process alone takes a bit of time.

I will reach out to NA tomorrow and check and see what the earliest dates will be for ED for you though.
I've done some searching and googling and can't seem to find a definitive answer on how soon you can schedule an ED, I've seen a lot of threads about how far out. Just reading through the forum it seems people getting deals done now are getting their desired pickup dates in Mar, Apr, May.

I realize I am cutting it close but this is just how things worked out. I'll be in Germany for 90-150 days and could push back the pick up if there was no other option. I'd also settle for a base 228i or 238i if there was no chance at a F80/87.

I spoke to my dealer yesterday since the "launch car" order banks have opened.

I expressed concern for the timing of my planned ED trip mid to late May. his first response was, "ehh, we want at least 90 days out and we are getting close to that."

he believes he will receive customer allocation(s) first week of Feb. I'm #1, but my conversation has caused some anxiety.

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point, but I'd be lying if I want considering stepping up to big sister if I can get a good deal. max 1500 over ED invoice.

maybe they'll go for it b/c forfeiting my #1 position will allow them to sell my slot at a higher premium.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #91
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
.......if I can get a good deal {on an M4}. max 1500 over ED invoice.
Should be able to do that fairly easily. Check out post 2844 on this thread. Looks like the dealer isn't that far from you. http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...35003&page=130
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #92
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
.......if I can get a good deal {on an M4}. max 1500 over ED invoice.
Should be able to do that fairly easily. Check out post 2844 on this thread. Looks like the dealer isn't that far from you. http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...3&page=130
thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:17 AM   #93
lx93
Private
Rep
Drives: 16 MT M2

Just got an email from my dealer and he has some interesting information.
"Our M2 is one of the first built for consumer production and will be arriving soon. There are 96 being built for the Eastern region 14 of them will have manual transmissions. A total of 500 will be build for the country this year and there are 496 BMW dealers in the US. People have been telling me that other dealers are saying that hey have multiple M2 allocations and are taking orders telling people they can build to order. I'm not going to say that they are lying but I'm don't know how they are going to be able to deliver on their promise either."
Good luck people
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #94
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx93 View Post
"Our M2 is one of the first built for consumer production and will be arriving soon. There are 96 being built for the Eastern region 14 of them will have manual transmissions. A total of 500 will be build for the country this year and there are 496 BMW dealers in the US. People have been telling me that other dealers are saying that hey have multiple M2 allocations and are taking orders telling people they can build to order. I'm not going to say that they are lying but I'm don't know how they are going to be able to deliver on their promise either."
Good luck people
Guessing some dealers will not get any.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #95
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Good luck people
I don't know why you are posting this without a simple check of the facts. Among the things you got wrong - there are 339 BMW dealers in the US, not 496. http://www.bmwgroupna.com/
FWIW: When a CA implies to you other CAs are lying, you may want to be a bit more skeptical about what you're being told. And, I'd be careful in dealing with him.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #96
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit1
JUST PLACE MY ORDER TOO:

Configurable Demo Car at Otto's BMW in West Chester
$1K deposit
agreed $MSRP
Grey, Manual, Executive.
March build --> est. April delivery. Looking into Perf Center Deliver.

I'll post order sheet when I get it.
Of what year? I'm in NYC. Right now I'm looking at as far as spring 2017! I can't wait that long!
      01-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #97
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boxster /E46 325 RIP / e30 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx93
Good luck people
Ummm...

As a CA I have to say that this guy is... Interesting.

He doesn't really know his stuff. And he is subliminally trying to pressure you into securing a spot with him.

But anyways... BMW takes into consideration how a dealership sells different vehicles. M cars, 6's, 7's... Etc.

My dealership is one of the largest in the southern region (not claiming the biggest).

I feel comfortable in saying the 12 people on our list will probably all see their M2 due to our sales.

With all the dealer trading going around for allocation slots and Launch cars I am very anxious to see how it all plays out.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #98
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman
Quote:
Good luck people
I don't know why you are posting this without a simple check of the facts. Among the things you got wrong - there are 339 BMW dealers in the US, not 496. http://www.bmwgroupna.com/
FWIW: When a CA implies to you other CAs are lying, you may want to be a bit more skeptical about what you're being told. And, I'd be careful in dealing with him.
Thank you!
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #99
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I realize I am cutting it close but this is just how things worked out. I'll be in Germany for 90-150 days and could push back the pick up if there was no other option. I'd also settle for a base 228i or 238i if there was no chance at a F80/87.

Just reached out this morning. I will let you know when I get a repose.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #100
dasblack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I always have to reach out to my sales advisor. He's tell me early March is when I can configure my allocation with a 8 week production time with delivery late April Is this plausible or should I just get my deposit back and walk? Feels like I'm getting the run around. He told me "someone" put a 50k deposit three days before I put my deposit down.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #101
QueWhy
Rep
Drives: F80or/87/22 ED 4/16

Quote:
Thank you! I've been on the conference call from hell all morning loooong, so I haven't had a chance to start reaching out to dealerships yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #102
cjosulli
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i XDrive

I am still waiting on the call...I was #1 on the list and i got bumped to 2 (im assuming my ca was slow and someone took the a deposit before me, although i have #1 in writing). I have been told MSRP or ED MSRP depending on timing and whatnot. But i am going to be pretty upset if delivery isnt until late summer/fall due to being in the north were I wont want to drive an M2 in snow/ice/salt...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:31 PM   #103
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasblack
I always have to reach out to my sales advisor. He's tell me early March is when I can configure my allocation with a 8 week production time with delivery late April Is this plausible or should I just get my deposit back and walk? Feels like I'm getting the run around. He told me "someone" put a 50k deposit three days before I put my deposit down.
I'm confused.

Week 8 is end of Feb. If that is your start of production I don't know why he would want you to come in early March to build the vehicle?

I would have already had you in with a build. Especially because most launch vehicles aren't going into production until week 15.

Advisor sounds a little sketch. I wouldn't walk. I would stay locked in.

Just be careful.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:32 PM   #104
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you! I've been on the conference call from hell all morning loooong, so I haven't had a chance to start reaching out to dealerships yet.
I understand. Things have been crazy on our end too. No word back from NA. A few people have reached out with the same question. I'll post when I get an answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 06:09 PM   #105
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Good luck people
Right off the bat, the $5000 over MSRP and $3000 to reserve would be enough for me to deal with someone else. What a joke these guys are.
Appreciate 3
      01-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #106
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster
Right off the bat, the $5000 over MSRP and $3000 to reserve would be enough for me to deal with someone else. What a joke these guys are.
I understand where they are coming from.

I just wish it didn't have to be this way.

Everyone (dealers) think it is going to be the next 1M so they are trying to prepare themselves.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 07:23 AM   #107
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
I'm confused.

Week 8 is end of Feb. If that is your start of production I don't know why he would want you to come in early March to build the vehicle?

I would have already had you in with a build. Especially because most launch vehicles aren't going into production until week 15.

Advisor sounds a little sketch. I wouldn't walk. I would stay locked in.

Just be careful.
Not week 8 but 8 week production time, in other words two months.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #108
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid
Not week 8 but 8 week production time, in other words two months.
Gotcha.

Yeah it looks like it will be around 8 weeks from SOP.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #109
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Should be able to do that fairly easily. Check out post 2844 on this thread. Looks like the dealer isn't that far from you. http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...35003&page=130
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #110
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just did a little research...

Apparently there are 336 M2s floating around in the US...

In the Western region there are 76.
In the Eastern region there are 94.
In the Central region there are 77.
In the Southern region there are 89.

There are only 2 Dealerships that have more than 1 allocation spot. One of those dealerships is in Georgia, one is in Maryland.

It looks like the Georgia dealer will be getting their car first.
Appreciate 1