BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

04-14-2018, 09:07 PM   #1739
JB330Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
If you have adaptive headlights then yes it can be coded in. If they are not adaptive then no.

Here is how to code VLD and GFHB with bimmercode:

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=50

Just coded GFHB with Bimmercode and tested it out. Question: Does GFHB only works at highway speed? The high beam stays on at speed>45 mph even there is a car in front. Didn't really see the tunnel effect cause the ambient was sort of bright with street lights. At slow speed the high beam just turned off. TIA.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 09:31 PM   #1740
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB330Ci View Post
Does GFHB only works at highway speed?
Yes.

Quote:
The high beam stays on at speed>45 mph even there is a car in front.
That's normal. It should tunnel then.

Quote:
At slow speed the high beam just turned off.
Also normal.

Quote:
Didn't really see the tunnel effect cause the ambient was sort of bright with street lights.
It's debatable how well tunneling works with US spec headlights. Some people claim we're missing the proper hardware and it can be blinding people. Others say it works just fine. It's really a use at your own discretion kind of thing. I haven't had any issues with it personally. If you search the forum you can find many discussions about it.
Appreciate 1
JB330Ci55.00
      04-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #1741
JB330Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Yes.

It's debatable how well tunneling works with US spec headlights. Some people claim we're missing the proper hardware and it can be blinding people. Others say it works just fine. It's really a use at your own discretion kind of thing. I haven't had any issues with it personally. If you search the forum you can find many discussions about it.
When there was a car in front of me, my high beams were on but I did not see that car's cabin illuminated as if I just turned the high beams on. I did not see light tunneling clearly either. Something happened but I am not sure it did it correctly or not. I will do more tests and if it's blinding the other drivers I will just revert it back to just VLD only.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #1742
DoZZa
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY17 | M2 | DCT

Any way to use the backup camera while moving forward at speed?
E30 320iS | '90
E28 M535i | '84
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #1743
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoZZa View Post
Any way to use the backup camera while moving forward at speed?
I believe all you have to do is go into Rear Electronic Module and change the PDC and Rearview Camera distance thresholds to 'Not Active'. I'm not sure what the default speed thresholds are as those are set to "Unknown" by default so those may or may not have to be changed in Expert Mode. You won't know until you try.

Appreciate 1
DoZZa81.50
      04-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #1744
McPurrs
The deuce gets loose
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
That's all Ive ever brought my bmws to the dealer for, and only when eligible for the free changes.. However, often times, during these visits while still under warranty, Ill be told by SA that there is a software 'update' that needs to be performed. Ive tried to opt out in the past only to be told that doing so would void the rest of my warranty, as these updates are not optional.
That is a lie. If you never went in for service, you would still have your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #1745
DoZZa
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY17 | M2 | DCT

Quote:
I believe all you have to do is go into Rear Electronic Module and change the PDC and Rearview Camera distance thresholds to 'Not Active'. I'm not sure what the default speed thresholds are as those are set to "Unknown" by default so those may or may not have to be changed in Expert Mode. You won't know until you try.

Will give it a try and see, thanks for your help.
E30 320iS | '90
E28 M535i | '84
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 07:46 PM   #1746
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoZZa View Post
Will give it a try and see, thanks for your help.
No prob, let me know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:34 AM   #1747
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

I just had the dealer cluster recall update and now the start stop is back

on bimmercode, the Front Electronic Module is now greyed out so i cant code it back in.. anyone else have this issue?
      04-17-2018, 07:10 AM   #1748
Professor MSP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post

on bimmercode, the Front Electronic Module is now greyed out so i cant code it back in.. anyone else have this issue?
Yes, I do.

I have a 2017 M2. It had its telecommunications box replaced last Thursday, which, of course, required a software update as well. All the coding I had performed with BimmerCode was lost, presumably because of the software update.

I was able to recode much the same as before, except that I too could not access the Front Electronic Module—it was greyed out like yours. I have BimmerCode version 2.8.

What is the explanation for this?
      04-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #1749
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor MSP View Post
Quote:

Yes, I do.

I have a 2017 M2. It had its telecommunications box replaced last Thursday, which, of course, required a software update as well. All the coding I had performed with BimmerCode was lost, presumably because of the software update.

I was able to recode much the same as before, except that I too could not access the Front Electronic ModuleÃ'Ã'Ã'—it was greyed out like yours. I have BimmerCode version 2.8.

What is the explanation for this?
Quote:

Your coding was wiped because the dealer performed an istep update. This is normal. As for bimmercode, they have to update the app so it's compatible with the newest version of istep you guys got. Nothing to be concerned about, they update regularly. This has happened to plenty of people including myself, you'll be up and running soon.
      04-17-2018, 10:34 PM   #1750
Professor MSP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2 DCT

Thank you for the explanation andrewc89—its much appreciated. I understood that the software update, i.e., istep update, wiped out my coding, but did not realize that an update to BimmerCode is needed to regain full access to all the modules. Cheers.
      04-18-2018, 06:10 PM   #1751
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Your coding was wiped because the dealer performed an istep update. This is normal. As for bimmercode, they have to update the app so it's compatible with the newest version of istep you guys got. Nothing to be concerned about, they update regularly. This has happened to plenty of people including myself, you'll be up and running soon.
cheers, the dev said itll be fixed in the next update
      04-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #1752
djmonkey
Rep
Drives: M2

I’m back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perp View Post
Looks like djmonkey had this problem, but don't see what the outcome was. Last I read, he's waited for breakin service to fix.
About to code some new stuff so logged into the forums.
I had to bring the car in for regular service and jut had them reinstall the software. I had called the genius line to get the code but that was unsuccessful.
If you found a quick $65 fix and it kept you from going to the dealership you’re probably better off.
In the past when I need a favor from the dealer I just ask the to rotate the tires for a fee and ‘oh can you check that I drive error for me’.

Off to code set belt warning off.

Anyone know if I can get that damn back up warning to stop beeping after I switch out of reverse?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #1753
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmonkey View Post
Anyone know if I can get that damn back up warning to stop beeping after I switch out of reverse?
Get an istep update from your dealer and it will solve that issue by automatically shutting off PDC when you take the car out of reverse. It will however wipe any coding you have done in the process and you'll have to redo it.

You can also buy one of these: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/61319252912/
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #1754
jayt91
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilIu4 View Post
Bump Regarding this.

Hi All,
I did some coding with bimmerpost, turning off disclaimer, comfort access with keyfob, vld, turn off radio when door open. But after coding these, it seem my follow me home light stop working. Basically when I turn off the car at night, light stay on for 20 seconds, this is set with in IDdrive. You can turn this on and off in I drive, but after coding with bimmercode, it seem that it's not working any more.

What it is is that, before I would turn off engine, get out of the car, and I would have the light on automatic, once I exit car, and lock car, the light would stay on the the amount of time i set it for the welcome light. But after coding with bimmercode to welcome light to hard on, it seem I have to turn off the car. TURN the stock high beam ON for the follow me home to work as oppose to just get out of car and lock car.

I tried reset everything back to normal, and everything is fine EXCEPT welcome light/follow me home light. Can someone help. Mine is 2018 LCI.

Thanks in advance.
Hey there, I was wondering if you fixed this issue. I did some basic coding and have the same issue now. Front/Rear LEDs do not light up after exiting the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 02:57 AM   #1755
mrtx
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor MSP View Post
Thank you for the explanation andrewc89—its much appreciated. I understood that the software update, i.e., istep update, wiped out my coding, but did not realize that an update to BimmerCode is needed to regain full access to all the modules. Cheers.
The new version has just been released and is already compatible with the latest version of I-Step
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 03:12 AM   #1756
nomade30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M2, 91 325, 05 DMAX

The newest version works fine with my car (2018), still has the bug of reading LCI every now and then. But writing still works 100% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:21 AM   #1757
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayt91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilIu4 View Post
Bump Regarding this.

Hi All,
I did some coding with bimmerpost, turning off disclaimer, comfort access with keyfob, vld, turn off radio when door open. But after coding these, it seem my follow me home light stop working. Basically when I turn off the car at night, light stay on for 20 seconds, this is set with in IDdrive. You can turn this on and off in I drive, but after coding with bimmercode, it seem that it's not working any more.

What it is is that, before I would turn off engine, get out of the car, and I would have the light on automatic, once I exit car, and lock car, the light would stay on the the amount of time i set it for the welcome light. But after coding with bimmercode to welcome light to hard on, it seem I have to turn off the car. TURN the stock high beam ON for the follow me home to work as oppose to just get out of car and lock car.

I tried reset everything back to normal, and everything is fine EXCEPT welcome light/follow me home light. Can someone help. Mine is 2018 LCI.

Thanks in advance.
Hey there, I was wondering if you fixed this issue. I did some basic coding and have the same issue now. Front/Rear LEDs do not light up after exiting the car.
I'm wondering about this as well. Has it been fixed?

I have a new LCI and I have held off on buying BimmerCode because of little issues here and there like this one with LCI cars.
      04-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #1758
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Coded some simple stuff (ASD, Camera, etc), phone was stolen a few days later and before I could back it up. Am I SOL on ever resetting these things? I'm supposed to have the new istep flashed for the recall at some point, so I imagine this will reset it all anyway?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #1759
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
I've found Bimmercode to be a fantastic app.
Have coded the following with no issues:
-Folding mirrors with comfort access (0.5s delay)
-Puddle lights on in reverse gear
-Legal disclaimer delete
-Initial seat belt warning chime delete
-Video in-motion

The app is very professionally done and the asking price is very reasonable
how do you get rid of the intial seat belt chime?
      04-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #1760
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
how do you get rid of the intial seat belt chime?
You'll see those in the Advanced Crash Safety Module ECU. There are all kinds of reminders in there you can turn on or off. I hate when I would sit in the car messing with something and the buzzer was annoying the crap out of me. No more.
Appreciate 1
jmh600cbr265.00