11-16-2023, 01:55 PM   #23
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
OP updated...
One more quick question for now. Is there an estimated release date? Are we talking 2023 or Q1, Q2 of 2024?
      11-16-2023, 03:26 PM   #24
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
One more quick question for now. Is there an estimated release date? Are we talking 2023 or Q1, Q2 of 2024?
Anticipating Q1 since we are going into the holidays now and everything starts to slow a bit. I am also pushing for the R3 version first as that one seems to have the most interest in the elec-TRON format. Once I have it in hand we need to get out and do some testing too. We will jump on that immediately but can't say exactly how long that will take - we will keep working at it until we have in our opinion the best possible version to offer. Thankfully the shipping time from us to Inertia Laboratory is overnight which cuts down a lot of time (they will handle the revalving).
Appreciate 1
M3R12168.50
      11-16-2023, 03:36 PM   #25
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Anticipating Q1 since we are going into the holidays now and everything starts to slow a bit. I am also pushing for the R3 version first as that one seems to have the most interest in the elec-TRON format. Once I have it in hand we need to get out and do some testing too. We will jump on that immediately but can't say exactly how long that will take - we will keep working at it until we have in our opinion the best possible version to offer. Thankfully the shipping time from us to Inertia Laboratory is overnight which cuts down a lot of time (they will handle the revalving).
Thank you sir. I'm thinking of the roadsport kit as my car is a street only weekend car. I love the idea of a better damped suspension while being more compliant. Then also have the ability to stiffen it up on demand.
      11-16-2023, 03:43 PM   #26
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Thank you sir. I'm thinking of the roadsport kit as my car is a street only weekend car. I love the idea of a better damped suspension while being more compliant. Then also have the ability to stiffen it up on demand.
I think the Roadsport kit will be Q1 as well. I know they were still working out the detail of the spring production being a non-linear. Everything else was ready to go as seen in the pics from SEMA though. Going to work with those a bit too once we have them and see if we want to make any adjustments to them. Hopefully we have the R1 around the same time so I can make a direct comparison between the two.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 06:11 PM   #27
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think the Roadsport kit will be Q1 as well. I know they were still working out the detail of the spring production being a non-linear. Everything else was ready to go as seen in the pics from SEMA though. Going to work with those a bit too once we have them and see if we want to make any adjustments to them. Hopefully we have the R1 around the same time so I can make a direct comparison between the two.
So the Roadsport will have a progressive main spring with what looks to be a big helper spring? Is the R1 still designed to be as compliant but with a linear spring and an adjustable camber plate? Again, my apologies for all of the questions...
      11-16-2023, 08:00 PM   #28
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
So the Roadsport will have a progressive main spring with what looks to be a big helper spring? Is the R1 still designed to be as compliant but with a linear spring and an adjustable camber plate? Again, my apologies for all of the questions...
No worries on the questions that's what the thread is for. Here to help as much as possible - even if you do not end up with Nitron and you buy from someone else or remain stock - so feel free to fire away with them

The road kit - that funky looking spring is the progressive for the front in a similar setup to the oem design. The front will be like pictured below. The rear will still have the same setup as the oem with a divorced spring which is linear. They use the stock top mounts.

The R1 - correct it will have linear springs and adjustable camber plates. They look the same as traditional kit except minus the dial - adjustment will be completely through the EDC control. The rear also defaults as divorced but you can opt for coilover (I would stick with divorced though). Design - yes we will look for our kit to be very compliant but still push the performance as much as we can like we did with the traditional kits. These will outperform the road kit - the question is how far we can push that without sacrificing the ride quality and until we see how much range is available we won't know for sure. I do think for weekender usage the R1 will be a better fit though based on what have seen in the traditional kits.
Appreciate 1
M3R12168.50
      11-16-2023, 09:11 PM   #29
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Almost 3yrs from delivery and I still walk into the garage and say out loud "Man, I love this car." My suspicion is that this Elec-TRON R1 and/or R3 kit is going to make the M2 about as perfect as a car can be.

Any effort to make the camber plates as quiet as possible would be appreciated I'd say that is the only downside of my current suspension mods. The camber plates are a little noisier than I would like. It could be the springs though.

Take your time getting them out. I want you to have plenty of seat time dialing them in.

What is the extra adjustment on the R3 and what would be the game plan for using that added adjustment to improve DD duty?
      11-17-2023, 01:20 AM   #30
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No worries on the questions that's what the thread is for. Here to help as much as possible - even if you do not end up with Nitron and you buy from someone else or remain stock - so feel free to fire away with them

The road kit - that funky looking spring is the progressive for the front in a similar setup to the oem design. The front will be like pictured below. The rear will still have the same setup as the oem with a divorced spring which is linear. They use the stock top mounts.

The R1 - correct it will have linear springs and adjustable camber plates. They look the same as traditional kit except minus the dial - adjustment will be completely through the EDC control. The rear also defaults as divorced but you can opt for coilover (I would stick with divorced though). Design - yes we will look for our kit to be very compliant but still push the performance as much as we can like we did with the traditional kits. These will outperform the road kit - the question is how far we can push that without sacrificing the ride quality and until we see how much range is available we won't know for sure. I do think for weekender usage the R1 will be a better fit though based on what have seen in the traditional kits.
If the Roadsport is indeed a step up in performance while delivering a better damped and more compliant ride, there is only one thing that would stop me from purchasing litterally as soon as available. The one thing would be max ride height, I do not want a "slammed" car. I am looking for a near stock ride height, perhaps only a slight drop (1/8"-1/4" max). I did not see the ride height range discussed. Thank you again for the info!
      11-18-2023, 07:22 PM   #31
F87Tomei
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.29]
Where can I get these at?
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      11-18-2023, 08:42 PM   #32
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hopefully OG Shark has a M2CS for testing. Let me know if I need to ship mine down to Texas
      11-19-2023, 03:54 PM   #33
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87Tomei View Post
PM OG Shark here or check out the website.

www.ogsharkmotorsport.com
(210) 287-1492
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      11-19-2023, 05:31 PM   #34
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Almost 3yrs from delivery and I still walk into the garage and say out loud "Man, I love this car." My suspicion is that this Elec-TRON R1 and/or R3 kit is going to make the M2 about as perfect as a car can be.

Any effort to make the camber plates as quiet as possible would be appreciated I'd say that is the only downside of my current suspension mods. The camber plates are a little noisier than I would like. It could be the springs though.

Take your time getting them out. I want you to have plenty of seat time dialing them in.

What is the extra adjustment on the R3 and what would be the game plan for using that added adjustment to improve DD duty?
Quote:
If the Roadsport is indeed a step up in performance while delivering a better damped and more compliant ride, there is only one thing that would stop me from purchasing litterally as soon as available. The one thing would be max ride height, I do not want a "slammed" car. I am looking for a near stock ride height, perhaps only a slight drop (1/8"-1/4" max). I did not see the ride height range discussed. Thank you again for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
The rebound adjustment is the same as that found on the NTR Race R1 and is located at the top or bottom of the piston rod with a minimum 22 'clicks' of adjustment vial the large black dial.

The bump adjustments can be found on the top of the remote reservoir or piggyback canister. This large black knob has 16 'clicks' of adjustment and controls the "high speed" compression.

A small silver low-speed bump adjuster knob mounted above the larger black compression adjuster independently controls the low' speed bump damping with a minimum of 26 'clicks'.

You can watch a great 45 second explanation from Jethro Bovingdon of how this benefits a road car here:

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx_bLaWIc...P6XSJyNiFhtbN3
The elec-tron R1 is not going to have the dial on it anymore - the EDC control takes the place of it. The R3 will still have separate high and low speed compression dials on the remote (either piggyback or hosed). The 3rd adjustment will be the EDC control. What I need to see is how this affects the overall setup of the suspension and in particular in regards to rebound. Before the set even goes on a car here we will know exactly though and will use that to optimize the setup as much as we can. The road sport kit we will aim for the best ride quality while still giving that bump in performance over oem. Ride height will still have a decent range - retaining close to oem definitely within the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87Tomei View Post
We are going to have these available along with our traditional kits as soon as we get our hands on the test kits and get them dialed in exactly where we want them. I’ll keep updating this thread as I get more info. Nitron is trying to get them to us as fast as they can.

Quote:
Hopefully OG Shark has a M2CS for testing. Let me know if I need to ship mine down to Texas
I’ll keep that in mind - but no complaints when I have to start the “extended” testing phase
Appreciate 2
M3R12168.50
      11-19-2023, 07:57 PM   #35
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
The R3 will still have separate high and low speed compression dials on the remote (either piggyback or hosed). The 3rd adjustment will be the EDC control.
Ohhhh shit. Yeah. Didn’t even think about EDC just defaulted into typical 3way breakdown. Derp.

My future F80 will definitely be getting a set of road sports. So sick.

Last edited by ThreeStripes; 11-19-2023 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      11-19-2023, 08:42 PM   #36
Aeko
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, 01 M5

Quote:
The elec-tron R1 is not going to have the dial on it anymore - the EDC control takes the place of it. The R3 will still have separate high and low speed compression dials on the remote (either piggyback or hosed). The 3rd adjustment will be the EDC control. What I need to see is how this affects the overall setup of the suspension and in particular in regards to rebound.
By piggyback I'm assuming you mean that the compression speeds would be adjusted by a Nitron add-on that might also read the EDC mode settings? I think that would be really sick. Having the control to adjust exactly what each EDC level does instead of just hoping they tuned it to where you like.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      11-19-2023, 09:39 PM   #37
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
Ohhhh shit. Yeah. Didn’t even think about EDC just defaulted into typical 3way breakdown. Derp.

My future F80 will definitely be getting a set of road sports. So sick.
Yeah its going to be a different getting used to it. Really interested in what we find in the electronic adjustment range. And then how we can use that to the best advantage. The road kit is going to be nice adder on a street car no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeko View Post
By piggyback I'm assuming you mean that the compression speeds would be adjusted by a Nitron add-on that might also read the EDC mode settings? I think that would be really sick. Having the control to adjust exactly what each EDC level does instead of just hoping they tuned it to where you like.
Piggyback is the one of the two external reservoir types - where the reservoir is attached to the damper. Top right of the below is a piggyback setup

What you are hitting on though is in the works. Nitron is working on a standalone controller that will be inline with what you are talking about. I expect it to be a step up from the oem programming with more options to choose from. As far as the user being able to adjust as well I do believe that will be an option too based on who I know they are working with for their controller. Rise of the custom suspension tuner...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 10:35 AM   #38
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Will the custom tuning controller be compatible with all systems or only select systems. While my car has EDC. It might be nice at a later time to be able to add a controller that allows for custom tuning. If it would not be compatible with eR1, but would be compatible with eR3. That might help with decision making on which system to get.

Shame they don't have a way to have two EDC valves to make an R3 fully electronic. Especially if there will be an electronic tuning module. Maybe they'll add that or be able to add a stepper motor to the valves for remote control.
      11-20-2023, 02:43 PM   #39
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Will the custom tuning controller be compatible with all systems or only select systems. While my car has EDC. It might be nice at a later time to be able to add a controller that allows for custom tuning. If it would not be compatible with eR1, but would be compatible with eR3. That might help with decision making on which system to get.

Shame they don't have a way to have two EDC valves to make an R3 fully electronic. Especially if there will be an electronic tuning module. Maybe they'll add that or be able to add a stepper motor to the valves for remote control.
My understanding is that it will be available with all systems but I will get that verified. Certainly the R3 but it would also benefit the R1 for sure too. I can't imagine a fully electronic R3 level system in the near future - I think we are still quite a ways out from that monster. Would be awesome for sure though.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 02:48 PM   #40
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

At the end of the day I'm expecting you to do all the work and tell me what settings are best. At least good road settings and a good starting point from track No pressure
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 08:27 AM   #41
Aeko
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, 01 M5

Fully electronic is what I was imagining. Using EDC to control one setting, and the other two are controlled using a separate ECU that changes modes based off messages from the BMW's bus as to which mode its in.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 03:28 PM   #42
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The more I read the more I'm still trying to understand.

If the R1 is single adjustable, but two way. Rebound and low speed compression.

And the R3 is 3 way adjustable. rebound, low speed compression, and high speed compression.

Is the EDC only controlling rebound? Or is R3 triple adjustable, but 4 way? And the EDC will control rebound/low speed while the knobs adjust high/low compression.
      11-22-2023, 10:12 AM   #43
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
At the end of the day I'm expecting you to do all the work and tell me what settings are best. At least good road settings and a good starting point from track No pressure
That's what I'm here for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeko View Post
Fully electronic is what I was imagining. Using EDC to control one setting, and the other two are controlled using a separate ECU that changes modes based off messages from the BMW's bus as to which mode its in.
We are still not at that point - I do believe that will be the future but still a few years off from such an animal. The R1 will be completely hands off of the dampers though with the EDC control being the only point of adjustment. More on this below...

Quote:
The more I read the more I'm still trying to understand.

If the R1 is single adjustable, but two way. Rebound and low speed compression.

And the R3 is 3 way adjustable. rebound, low speed compression, and high speed compression.

Is the EDC only controlling rebound? Or is R3 triple adjustable, but 4 way? And the EDC will control rebound/low speed while the knobs adjust high/low compression.
Ok work with me a bit here - I'm going to try to go through this with my uneducated, unqualified background on the inner workings of these Chris with Inertia Laboratory is actually doing an in depth write up on these that will be up when his new site is finished.

The R1 is yes singe adjustment but considered a two way. The EDC control will both rebound and compression. The valve's adjustment is predetermined and the settings will basically be more or less for a lack of better terms. Instead of a full dial of adjustment range like with the traditional R1 the eR1 will have the three levels for comfort, sport, & sport+. We will be going through everything like we did with the traditional kit to see if there is any room for improvement to make the most of each of those 3 settings. Ultimate plug & play - once we have these dialed in all you have to do is just push the button.

The R3 is at a different level. It is still 3 way - separate dials for high and low speed comp with rebound being fully controlled through the EDC button. The way rebound is controlled it is not possible to have an adjuster rod with dial and a wire running through the piston rod - so it's one or the other. So the only rebound adjustment is the EDC button here hence still being a 3 way. Rebound is the largest force though so making an adjustment just to it inside the car will make a big change in the behavior of the car. For a street car this allows us to bring in compression to a level conducive to comfort and then the EDC switch still allows you to ramp the car up when desired and not have to go absolutely full stiff if you do not want to. Allows you to really tailor the ride characteristics as you see fit. If you track then you still have the option to take the compression where you need to to be and still work the rebound with the EDC control. And with high and low speed bump being separate you can really dial in for things like curbs, bumpy tracks, etc. We will certainly provide baseline setting recommendations with the kits too.

The R3 kit for the F8x is being spec'd as piggyback reservoirs. I personally prefer hosed remote canisters with quick disconnects on the hoses as they are much more convenient to make adjustments to and also move the reservoirs away from the heat from the brakes. Both will perform excellently but the remote/hosed versions will come in about 1200.00 more due to the price of the QDs. Personal preference here just fyi.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 10:29 AM   #44
OG Shark
Rep

Ordering & Pricing

Have gotten word that the kits are going into production and we can start taking orders. This is for Nitron's standard off the shelf kit - which while I expect to be a great setup I'm not quite sure what it will be like until we get our test kits. Our first test kit is going to be the eR3 and will be here shortly and we will start development immediately - so our option will not be available for a bit longer. I can start taking order on their standard kit though. And if we find that there is nothing we want to change we are not going to mess with it just for the sake of having our own "custom" kits.

The R3 is spec'd with piggyback reservoirs. Per the previous post I prefer remoted w/hoses and quick disconnects but both are certainly great options and comes down to personal preference.

Nitron elec-TRON R3: 8,367.00 USD + shipping (piggyback); 9,547.00 USD + shipping (remote w/QDs)
Nitron elec-TRON R1: 5.867.00 USD + shipping
Nitron elec-TRON Road Kit: 4,667.00 USD + shipping

The Road Kit is not quite ready yet as they are still getting the production of it's unique springs squared away. Everything that is needed for installation will be included (including camber plates for the R1 & R3).
Appreciate 0