11-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
MNM2ER
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Tyre woes

Hi all

Nov '16 M2 owner.

Had a run of tyre and wheel issues due to our lovely UK roads. Wondering what everyone's experience is?

Before this Ive never had a flat tyre since I passed my test in '89!

I'm a bit dissappointed that almost every time I go to use my car, I come back with either a stone hitting the wheel, or (more often) a flat tyre! I do a drive past the grand tour test track, up around to Avebury and back through Marlborough. It's not far but it's a nice run when it's dry. Last time I went I go a puncture in the tyre wall (near side rear) and the kicker is i'd done less than 100 miles on it as I'd picked up a nail in the previous one. So £270 down the drain twice in just over 100 miles! Then on inspection (at my dealer) the two front tyres had identical bulges in them, so they needed doing. Ive not curbed them, this is seemly from normal roads???

Car came with Conti's - changing the fronts to Michelin PSS.

Anyone else having these issues? Also was stranded with the second rear puncture to discover - no space saver, and the foam wasn't in it's correct place.

Is there a space saver kit anyone has found?

Finally a pigeon hit the front at 40 mph. Is mine jinxed?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
Seani89
89SKJ
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Few

I’m running the PSS on my M2. Covered 5000 miles so far with out and problems. Had these tyres on my e46 M3 and on my e90 Alpina D3. By far the best tyres you can buy.

As for the foam you should find it in the boot? If you bought the car from a BMW dealer I would be giving them a call to see why it wasn’t supplied.

If you ever get stuck or break down BMW assist are absolutely fantastic. They will collect the car from anywhere at anytime and send you out a car usually within a few hours.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seani89 View Post
I’m running the PSS on my M2. Covered 5000 miles so far with out and problems. Had these tyres on my e46 M3 and on my e90 Alpina D3. By far the best tyres you can buy.

As for the foam you should find it in the boot? If you bought the car from a BMW dealer I would be giving them a call to see why it wasn’t supplied.

If you ever get stuck or break down BMW assist are absolutely fantastic. They will collect the car from anywhere at anytime and send you out a car usually within a few hours.
Same here. 6000 Miles MPSS no probs
      11-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #4
Ymalo22
AM3SOS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 M3

Garage List
2009 e90 M3  [9.50]
Sorry to hear about your recent tire troubles. I'm awaiting delivery of my M2 in the next week or so and I'm going to be getting myself one of these since there is no spare tire.

http://www.bimmerzone.com/product/BIM-SST-F80-KIT.html
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #5
Alanscoob
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 6MT AW

I was looking at the Bimmerzone Space Saver kit too as I'll be using the car abroad & don't want to be without a spare. The shipping cost from USA put me off though, so I sourced all the bits here in the UK, all pretty easy to find.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
illingworth22
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

There was a Guy on here a few months back and he sourced a space saver from the X5! I can't confirm that it fits tho.
      12-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #7
Euromeister
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Nail in rear tyre at 900miles !
Gutted !
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #8
Howzer73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

Running MPSS - 5000 miles no issues. Will be going to the MPS4 next time round as heard only good things about those too. A few people I have spoken to have the conti’s on their M2’s and will be swapping to Michelin for better performance next time they change.

Sounds like you have had a run of really bad luck. Hope you get some trouble free miles in.
Appreciate 0