BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Estimated Delivery Date in Ohio ?

11-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
My LBB M2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Estimated Delivery Date in Ohio ?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

I received an early Christmas present today when I found out my LBB is estimated to finish production on December 4th (I am a week 49 build).

I live in Ohio and was wondering what others have experienced as far as a delivery date to the dealership (based on the date their car was finished)?

Should I expect to take delivery around mid to late January?

Also, I am thinking about having the car "wrapped" in plastic. What would you recommend ?

Yours in M2 heaven,

My LBB M2
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My LBB M2 View Post

I received an early Christmas present today when I found out my LBB is estimated to finish production on December 4th (I am a week 49 build).

I live in Ohio and was wondering what others have experienced as far as a delivery date to the dealership (based on the date their car was finished)?

Also, I am thinking about having the car "wrapped" in plastic. What would you recommend ?

Yours in M2 heaven,

My LBB M2
I would advise you to read this post

Mostly BMW uses WW, so follow the link & use their Track & Trace feature. Input the last 7 of your VIN in the Cargo ID field & you'll get details on the journey to your port (probably Baltimore). Click on the Voyage Number link.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:

Yours in M2 heaven,

My LBB M2
My car was a week 37 build, and it arrived at my dealership (NE Ohio) on the evening of 10/12. Note that build week in BMW terms is actually the week the car completes being built, not starts. (BMW and dealership staff always seem to think it is the start date, but they are wrong.) Week 37 = 9/11 through 9/17, and from calling I worked out that my actual build date was either 9/12 or 9/13. So basically a month from build date to delivery.

That said, my car sat at port in Germany for a while and I'm not sure if that's common.

Where in our giant state of corn are you?
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
My LBB M2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Thank-you for your response. You supplied exactly the information I asked for (Production finish date to actual delivery date - almost exactly one month). My production finish date was 12/4/17. I wonder if I can expect an approximate January 4th delivery date.

I am in the Dayton Ohio area.

Did you get a clear wrap on your car ? I am looking into getting the front hood, bumper, front fenders done.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #5
empowered_one
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP Mineral White

Quote:
Thank-you for your response. You supplied exactly the information I asked for (Production finish date to actual delivery date - almost exactly one month). My production finish date was 12/4/17. I wonder if I can expect an approximate January 4th delivery date.

I am in the Dayton Ohio area.

Did you get a clear wrap on your car ? I am looking into getting the front hood, bumper, front fenders done.
If you want to get a high quality PPF done, I could recommend Paul Montgomery and his team from Eastside Auto Spa in Cincinnati Oh. He is authorized C Quartz and XPEL dealer and does the BEST work in Cincinnati area. That is the first stop when my car arrives after ED is to get C-Quartz treatment and XPEL PPF done before I take delivery at BMW of Cincinnati North.
      12-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
kfscoll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 MG M2 6MT, ‘15 MW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by empowered_one View Post
If you want to get a high quality PPF done, I could recommend Paul Montgomery and his team from Eastside Auto Spa in Cincinnati Oh. He is authorized C Quartz and XPEL dealer and does the BEST work in Cincinnati area. That is the first stop when my car arrives after ED is to get C-Quartz treatment and XPEL PPF done before I take delivery at BMW of Cincinnati North.
Thanks for the tip. I've actually taken a car to Eastside Auto Spa before but wasn't aware they did PPF. I've had PPF done on previous cars at other places with mediocre results so I've been looking for a quality place. When my M2 arrives I'll definitely pay Paul a visit.
Appreciate 0