BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > New M2 owner - M2 Allocation in Ohio

11-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
My LBB M2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

New M2 owner - M2 Allocation in Ohio

Hello:

I am a first time BMW owner and ordered my 2018 LBB M2 last week.

During my M2 search I talked with two dealers in Cincinnati Ohio and they both told me that they had 6 people ahead of me for their next M2 allocation. At my local BMW dealer they had an allocation for a M2 for the 50th build week.

Is this situation unique ? Did I just get lucky and happen to be at the right place at the right time?

I read most of the posts and threads and really enjoy the information provided oh this forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
kfscoll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 MG M2 6MT, ‘15 MW X3 35i

I think your situation is unique, at least in Ohio. I got on the list at a Cincinnati dealer (almost definitely one of those you spoke to) back in May and from what they’ve been telling me I should expect delivery in March/April. That said, I haven’t gotten an allocation yet, but that’s okay for now since my current lease isn’t up until June.

I actually got offered an allocation last quarter but didn’t take it since I didn’t want to take delivery of the car in the middle of the winter. I hope that doesn’t turn out to be a mistake.

So long as I get a MY 2018 allocation I’m fine. I’m not interested in an M2 Competition because after the inevitable price bump the value proposition, for me, just isn’t there. I want something different than my 335i, and even though it’s not offered with a manual, I’d probably lean toward an Audi S4. I really hope it doesn’t come to that though!

Congrats on your car BTW!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 07:16 PM   #3
empowered_one
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP Mineral White

Congrats. Which dealer were you able to get into immediately?

I am on allocation at a dealership in Cincinnati and been on the list since August, there were about 6 people ahead of me when I got on the list. I am stuck in a lease with BMW until January 2019 so wasn't in a huge hurry to purchase the M2...but it appears my M2 will be have a build date in March 2018 and it is their last allocation slot available for the "current" M2.

Timing should be about perfect...just in time for summer fun.

Last edited by empowered_one; 11-14-2017 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
My LBB M2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Dealership in Dayton Ohio

The dealership that had a M2 allocation was Voss Village BMW in Dayton Ohio.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #5
kfscoll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My LBB M2 View Post
The dealership that had a M2 allocation was Voss Village BMW in Dayton Ohio.
OMFG. That’s the dealer that’s actually closest to me. I didn’t even think to get on a list with them since I figured they’d never be able to get an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #6
JPizzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster S

Is it still msrp or any of you guys getting deals in these colder areas?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfscoll View Post
OMFG. That’s the dealer that’s actually closest to me. I didn’t even think to get on a list with them since I figured they’d never be able to get an allocation.
Everybody thinks this, and so "the little guy" often has open slots available.

I'm in an eastern suburb of Cleveland. There are 3 dealerships around here, one on the west side of the city, one north-east (Willoughby), and one south-east (Solon).

Solon is a very high volume dealership and calls themselves "Cleveland BMW" even though they aren't really in Cleveland.

I got myself on their waitlist first, partially because my company's owners have a business relationship with this dealer so I was told that "they'll take care of you if you mention where you work." I was like 5th or 6th on their list.

A week later, I stopped at Willoughby... and they had no waitlist. I got on it as the only person. A month or two later, they got an allocation and I put in my order. During this time period, the CA I was working with at Solon quit... I tried to tell them they could take me off their waitlist (and I got my deposit back), but apparently somebody still thought I was on the list. I believe it was a day or two after my Willoughby car went into production, Solon called me and told me they had an allocation available.

So yeah, moral of the story, don't skip the little guys because you assume they get zero allocations.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #8
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Congrats man
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #9
kfscoll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Everybody thinks this, and so "the little guy" often has open slots available.

I'm in an eastern suburb of Cleveland. There are 3 dealerships around here, one on the west side of the city, one north-east (Willoughby), and one south-east (Solon).

Solon is a very high volume dealership and calls themselves "Cleveland BMW" even though they aren't really in Cleveland.

I got myself on their waitlist first, partially because my company's owners have a business relationship with this dealer so I was told that "they'll take care of you if you mention where you work." I was like 5th or 6th on their list.

A week later, I stopped at Willoughby... and they had no waitlist. I got on it as the only person. A month or two later, they got an allocation and I put in my order. During this time period, the CA I was working with at Solon quit... I tried to tell them they could take me off their waitlist (and I got my deposit back), but apparently somebody still thought I was on the list. I believe it was a day or two after my Willoughby car went into production, Solon called me and told me they had an allocation available.

So yeah, moral of the story, don't skip the little guys because you assume they get zero allocations.
I hear ya. I don't want to take delivery until March/April, and I'm #1 on the list at the "big" M dealer in Cincinnati, so when the next bunch of allocations come out in early January, I should be good to go. If not, I'll start scrambling for an available allocation somewhere else.

I'm not interested in the M2 Competition (the inevitable price increase, even if it's only $5K, just isn't worth it to me) at all so I really need an allocation next quarter before the "base" M2 goes EOP.
Appreciate 0