BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Track Pads for Autocross?

02-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
greasypeanut
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87

Track Pads for Autocross?

Wanted to get peoples opinions on this, tried searching this and the f8x forums and doesn't seem like anyone auto crosses lol.

I'll be doing an autocross event (speed ventures-ACS) for the first time in a very long time. I usually run PFC08s on the track but will they be needed for autocross? The PFCs bite well enough when cold but I know it's harsher on the rotor when cold and I'm thinking the stock pads will do just fine based off what I remember/know about AX. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasypeanut View Post
Wanted to get peoples opinions on this, tried searching this and the f8x forums and doesn't seem like anyone auto crosses lol.

I'll be doing an autocross event (speed ventures-ACS) for the first time in a very long time. I usually run PFC08s on the track but will they be needed for autocross? The PFCs bite well enough when cold but I know it's harsher on the rotor when cold and I'm thinking the stock pads will do just fine based off what I remember/know about AX. What do you guys think?
A good sport pad may be the best since you aren't likely to get full track pads up to temperature on a 40-50 second course. However, if you are able to back to back runs, then track pads may have some benefits.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Drag your brakes coming up to the line. Works like a charm.
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
SHAGG
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1997 Land Rover Def ...  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 Porsche GT3 RS  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasypeanut View Post

I got the PC11s and they were louder than any brake pad I've ever used. I have had great luck on track days previously with PFC01 and PFC08s in the past on my e92.

I don't this pads are needed if you are doing autocross but I would definitely use them if you track hard. RBF660 goes a long way in keeping your brakes working. It is always my first upgrade to any car I have with the exception of SRF on my GT3 RS.
Appreciate 0