BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Should i Paint Protection Film or Wrap my M2

01-31-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Should i Paint Protection Film or Wrap my M2

Hi Guys & girls,

My BSM M2 is going into production in 4 days time which means ill have it here around april, i literally cannot wait.

now i want to get the whole car either covered in PPF ( paint protection film ) which here in CZ is the Optic Shield highly recommended by fellow owners of high performance cars.

or.

Wrapped, now the idea of wrapping scares me a bit, its like if you don't have any tattoos you like the idea of it but it scares you, because what if i don't like it, its going to be there unless i take it off but its like 1000 euros for a wrap, and regardless if you're not short of money its a waste if you get it wrong,

so far i have worked closely with wrap style, who are trying to get me to do something mental like they were sending me Tron designs like im sorry but that only looks good on an aventador or digital camo which just makes me feel like im playing call of duty, but tbh i am thinking maybe get it wrapped in either the following, Satin Red and some parts of the car to leave black, satin khaki green ( same as Sam from STG in youtube ) or Sakir orange as it is on the M4 or even the Yasmarina Blue ( big fan of this ) i really don't want some stupid design i still have to drive it to work.

so i wanted to ask for some suggestions off you guys if you had any cool ideas for a wrap or if i should stick with the PPF bare in mind the wrap would protect the paint too.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Hi Guys & girls,

My BSM M2 is going into production in 4 days time which means ill have it here around april, i literally cannot wait.

now i want to get the whole car either covered in PPF ( paint protection film ) which here in CZ is the Optic Shield highly recommended by fellow owners of high performance cars.

or.

Wrapped, now the idea of wrapping scares me a bit, its like if you don't have any tattoos you like the idea of it but it scares you, because what if i don't like it, its going to be there unless i take it off but its like 1000 euros for a wrap, and regardless if you're not short of money its a waste if you get it wrong,

so far i have worked closely with wrap style, who are trying to get me to do something mental like they were sending me Tron designs like im sorry but that only looks good on an aventador or digital camo which just makes me feel like im playing call of duty, but tbh i am thinking maybe get it wrapped in either the following, Satin Red and some parts of the car to leave black, satin khaki green ( same as Sam from STG in youtube ) or Sakir orange as it is on the M4 or even the Yasmarina Blue ( big fan of this ) i really don't want some stupid design i still have to drive it to work.

so i wanted to ask for some suggestions off you guys if you had any cool ideas for a wrap or if i should stick with the PPF bare in mind the wrap would protect the paint too.

cheers
Yes! I just found the one other person on Earth who likes Yas Marina Blue. I would have ordered my M2 in that color in a heartbeat if it were available. I just dont get why folks hate on that color so much. I seriously dig it.

My vote is for the YMB wrap, but selfishly just because I want to see the pics after you get done and dream about doing that on my own car....
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
bmw-st
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2C AW

what's the est. cost for protective film if I want it done on my front bumper and hood? thx!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #4
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-st View Post
what's the est. cost for protective film if I want it done on my front bumper and hood? thx!
hello, well the full car for me with discount costs about £800, but the front should cost about 200-400 you're best calling a local company and enquiring or physically taking your car there

hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #5
Click821
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 Long beach Blue MT

My vote is for Sakhir Orange or, just throwing this out there... something close to the Volcano Orange on a Mclaren if you can find it
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #6
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click821 View Post
My vote is for Sakhir Orange or, just throwing this out there... something close to the Volcano Orange on a Mclaren if you can find it
Yeah i had some designs done, take a look!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0