BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Weird electrical issues

11-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
mssVT98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.67]
Weird electrical issues

Has anyone had any weird happenings with the electricals? I just posted in another thread that my BMW Assist isn't working and the car is going to the dealer tomorrow for that.

More concerning to me, and possibly related but likely not, I'm also having a couple of weird electrical issues. First I noticed last night that after I shut off the car and locked it, all of the interior lights go out, except the hazard button, start/stop button, and headlight switch all stayed illuminated. The hazard button turned off within a minute or two, but the others stayed on longer. They turned off eventually but I don't know how long it took - I got tired of waiting. That's recurred every time I've shut down since.

Second, this morning my turn signals started acting like a bulb was out. Flip on the signal and it's normal for several seconds, then the rear signal goes out and the others go into the double-time flash. The weird thing (to me anyway) is that this happened on BOTH sides of the car. Maybe a faulty switch? I have to admit that once I checked the rear signals and they went out I didn't check the fronts. The mirror indicators were still lighting up.

Frankly I'm pretty terrified that I'm already having seemingly unrelated electrical issues on a brand new car - I've had it for 5 days. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, and the last thing I want is to be constantly chasing gremlins. The dealer will also be checking this out tomorrow but was curious if anyone had any thoughts or similar experiences.
Appreciate 0