BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > PCD during winter months?

09-15-2016, 10:43 PM   #1
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

PCD during winter months?

I recently got my production number for a week 40 build This puts delivery around late Nov/early Dec and I'm considering doing PCD. Has anyone taken PCD (for any BMW) during those months and, if so, how was the weather? I'd be driving back up to northern VA and I don't really want to run into any nasty stuff; especially salty roads. This will be my first winter in the area, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Would love to hear people's experiences.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbido
I recently got my production number for a week 40 build This puts delivery around late Nov/early Dec and I'm considering doing PCD. Has anyone taken PCD (for any BMW) during those months and, if so, how was the weather? I'd be driving back up to northern VA and I don't really want to run into any nasty stuff; especially salty roads. This will be my first winter in the area, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Would love to hear people's experiences.
I know it doesn't help your decision, but I am curious about this as well. Having lived in North Carolina I know that time of year can go either way in terms of weather. I have a week 42 build and will need to drive home to Florida. Granted, at least I'm headed south.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #3
D'Alex
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
Can't speak for Northern VA, but in the Hampton Roads area (SE Virginia) I think we didn't get any snow last year until Jan/Feb. I'd imagine the weather will be fine driving back up, outside of a big storm or something. I'm planning on doing PCD around that time too!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #4
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
I am also taking delivery the early part of December in SC and driving back to Northern VA. We should be good for the early part of December. Christmas last year was 70 degrees. Most of the bad weather, if any, will happen in January or February.
Appreciate 1
luvmybmmr305.00
      09-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #5
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
I am also taking delivery the early part of December in SC and driving back to Northern VA. We should be good for the early part of December. Christmas last year was 70 degrees. Most of the bad weather, if any, will happen in January or February.
That's encouraging. Here's hoping this year is similar!
Appreciate 0