BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Southern California rep referral?

07-25-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Southern California rep referral?

Can anyone recommend me a good sales rep in Southern California area for an M2 discussion/purchase. if there's a thread on this i didnt see it. Thanks in advance brothas!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Can anyone recommend me a good sales rep in Southern California area for an M2 discussion/purchase. if there's a thread on this i didnt see it. Thanks in advance brothas!
I had good luck with Ramin at Santa Monica BMW. He sold me a car at MSRP with the USAA discount.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
DroneandDone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 MG M2

try Evangeline from New Century. she's been very helpful during the ordering process and i got the car at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #4
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I can tell you who to stay away from. There's an entire thread on dealers who have ADM. In San Diego that would be Vista (the worst) and Escondido. Escondido wasn't as bad as Vista in terms of CA's professionalism but they both had $5k ADM's. The Vista CA I spoke to had the attitude that I should be lucky it's only a $5k markup. Needless to say I walked out laughing. Vista is also probably one of the dumpiest dealerships (all brands) I have ever set foot in also. Not sure what type of clientele they cater to there...

It's MSRP all day at other dealers and some are already discounting just do your due diligence.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
A bit far from you, but David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo. He's the number 1 M car salesman/dealership in the country.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 10:01 AM   #6
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin1md View Post
A bit far from you, but David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo. He's the number 1 M car salesman/dealership in the country.
Provided his dealer doesn't screw up a batch of their 4th quarter M2 allocations and end up losing them, like they did in the 3rd quarter, and then he disappears with no explanation.
      07-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #7
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Provided his dealer doesn't screw up a batch of their 4th quarter M2 allocations and end up losing them, like they did in the 3rd quarter, and then he disappears with no explanation.
Whoa-- what happened exactly?

I spoke to him recently in person and he was willing to put me first up for his 2018 4th quarter allocations, which I turned down b/c I got a better deal with a local dealer (I grew up not far from his dealership-- Thousand Oaks-- so I was home visiting family in June when we spoke

What the hell happened to his allocations?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #8
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I spoke to him recently in person and he was willing to put me first up for his 2018 4th quarter allocations, which I turned down b/c I got a better deal with a local dealer (I grew up not far from his dealership-- Thousand Oaks-- so I was home visiting family in June when we spoke

I wish I had a better explanation but, as mentioned, he went AWOL on me last month (6/17), so I jumped on an available allocation that was posted on here 2 days later. A mutual friend (who introduced me to him 5 years ago when I bought my previous bimmer from him) called him and asked what happened to my expected allocation and that vague 'explanation' is what I got (secondhand). I got no explanation directly from the source, which I consider a greater sin than merely failing to provide the allocation that I had been given assurances about back in January.
      07-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #9
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the responses guys (and the person who pm'd me). Camarillo isn't too far and i can always use a good outlet run.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #10
chmura
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That's what I thought when I placed my 2017 M2 order through David Aviles.

Got a production number with my name on it (build sheet with production emailed to me) and confirmation ED dates. Bought plane tickets for wife and I to Germany. Then shorty got the devastating call that STBMW wanted $5k more than what David and I agreed on. Canceled my trip shortly after.

This is how they treated a previous customer who purchased a 2011 M3 from them, but I purchased from Ryan Amico that time.

Being number 1 does not mean anything sometimes its a negative thing.

Last edited by chmura; 07-26-2017 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
bobert858.50
      07-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #11
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
ok i'll put camarillo on the back burner lol
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #12
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
That's what I thought when I placed my 2017 M2 order through David Aviles.

Got a production number with my name on it (build sheet with production emailed to me) and confirmation ED dates. Bought plane tickets for wife and I to Germany. Then shorty got the devastating call that STBMW wanted $5k more than what David and I agreed on. Canceled my trip shortly after.

This is how they treated a previous customer who purchased a 2011 M3 from them, but I purchased from Ryan Amico that time.

Being number 1 does not mean anything sometimes its a negative thing.

Wow, that's no bueno. Was it at ED MSRP? What was David's own explanation other than the dealership wants the money?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #13
chmura
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivate View Post
Wow, that's no bueno. Was it at ED MSRP? What was David's own explanation other than the dealership wants the money?
Price David and I agreed on was U.S. MSRP for an ED.

He told me he would call me back next day after he talked with upper management. Next day he called and said sorry nothing he can do. Story gets better after this but I don't want to get into it.

I feel he could of truly done something. I was given production number, confirmed ED dates emailed to me and in writing. Plane tickets bought, everything was set... Horrible experience that I wish no one has to experience when buying a BMW. How can a dealer ask for $5k more after you already bought tickets and production numbers and ED date set? Very very astonishing and greedy to ruin a previous customers vacation over this.

Last edited by chmura; 07-26-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

He told me he would call me back next day after he talked with upper management. Next day he called and said sorry nothing he can do. Story gets better after this but I don't want to get into it.

I feel he could of truly done something. I was given production number, confirmed ED dates emailed to me and in writing. Plane tickets bought, everything was set... Horrible experience that I wish no one has to experience when buying a BMW. How can a dealer ask for $5k more after you already bought tickets and production numbers and ED date set? Very very astonishing and greedy to ruin a previous customers vacation over this.
Wow - now I feel like I made a lucky escape!
      07-27-2017, 12:15 AM   #15
hassr
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:

I have been in touch with David for a few months now and I have only been given the run around. I keep being told to contact him when the next round of allocations are announced with no promise of a position in a queue or a waitlist. When the June allocations were announced I was only told a week after the fact to hit him up in September to try again or to buy a M240i. He was always prompt to respond to my inquiries but some practical guidance about delivery would have gone a long way.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 12:15 AM   #16
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

these stories about David and STBMW are really disappointing to hear. Did you shred STBMW online after all of this?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 12:19 AM   #17
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wish I had a better explanation but, as mentioned, he went AWOL on me last month (6/17), so I jumped on an available allocation that was posted on here 2 days later. A mutual friend (who introduced me to him 5 years ago when I bought my previous bimmer from him) called him and asked what happened to my expected allocation and that vague 'explanation' is what I got (secondhand). I got no explanation directly from the source, which I consider a greater sin than merely failing to provide the allocation that I had been given assurances about back in January.
Really sad to hear these stories. My college roommate--who lives in Pasadena--made the trip to lease his M4, and more recently his M3, from David, and got a terrific deal and all around experience. That was how I was referred to him.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 06:43 AM   #18
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Really sad to hear these stories. My college roommate--who lives in Pasadena--made the trip to lease his M4, and more recently his M3, from David, and got a terrific deal and all around experience. That was how I was referred to him.
Yea, I had a great deal/experience five years ago but the way he's treating ppl these days is incredibly poor.
      07-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #19
chmura
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
these stories about David and STBMW are really disappointing to hear. Did you shred STBMW online after all of this?
No I did not post anything online this is the first time.

I just want people to realize that STBMW is not the perfect dealership that bimmerpost portrays them to be.

My 2011 M3 purchase through STBMW was excellent naturally you would go back to them so I went back to them for my M2 purchase. Turned out they ruined my wife and I's vacation, I am still shocked about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 09:46 AM   #20
chmura
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
M4/M3 numbers are much greater than M2 numbers. With higher volume cars there is less 'fight' for them so of course your friend had a good experience with STBMW. My experience with my 2011 M3 purchase through STBMW was excellent as well, so naturally I went back to them for a M2 purchase.

David dropped the ball when he told me his pricing and he did not realize upper management had different pricing in mind. If that was the case he should of never let me pick ED dates and confirmed those dates with ED department, production number given to me. Then all of a sudden did a bait and switch on me with pricing. David is a nice guy and very communicative and responsive and knows his stuff but I should not be the one who had a vacation/ED ruined by his mistake. If he was truly a number 1 M salesman you would think he would of gone to upper management at STBMW and told them 'hey I told xxxx MSRP pricing already' lets stick with it since he purchased plane tickets already, production number given to him, and ED date selected/confirmed'... But no he did not make that happen.

Extremely not fair for my wife and I.

Last edited by chmura; 07-27-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #21
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
David dropped the ball when he told me his pricing and he did not realize upper management had different pricing in mind. If that was the case he should of never let me pick ED dates and confirmed those dates with ED department, production number given to me. Then all of a sudden did a bait and switch on me with pricing. David is a nice guy and very communicative and responsive and knows his stuff but I should not be the one who had a vacation/ED ruined by his mistake. If he was truly a number 1 M salesman you would think he would of gone to upper management at STBMW and told them 'hey I told xxxx MSRP pricing already' lets stick with it since he purchased plane tickets already, production number given to him, and ED date selected/confirmed'... But no he did not make that happen.

Extremely not fair for my wife and I.
Thanks for sharing - your story being much worse than mine makes me feel very fortunate to have found an allocation at ED MSRP only two days after David disappeared on me. Can't believe he didn't go to bat for you. I didn't go online and start trashing him either when he dropped the ball for me but, like you, I gotta say something when I see him or his dealer being praised; after that, ppl can make their own decision where to go.

I will say I'd have been pissed if David HAD gotten me the expected allocation and then tried to screw me out of the ED discount - I guess you didn't have a signed contract w/the price yet when ST BMW pulled this stunt on you?
      07-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #22
chmura
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for sharing - your story being much worse than mine makes me feel very fortunate to have found an allocation at ED MSRP only two days after David disappeared on me. Can't believe he didn't go to bat for you. I didn't go online and start trashing him either when he dropped the ball for me but, like you, I gotta say something when I see him or his dealer being praised; after that, ppl can make their own decision where to go.

I will say I'd have been pissed if David HAD gotten me the expected allocation and then tried to screw me out of the ED discount - I guess you didn't have a signed contract w/the price yet when ST BMW pulled this stunt on you?
I had a text message from David on the pricing of the M2 (pricing was U.S. MSRP). Prior to actually getting a production number slot David called me and said it was my time to order. We again agreed on U.S. MSRP over the phone for ED. Once we agreed on pricing the ordering process quickly progressed and in less than a week I had a production number emailed to me, European Delivery dates confirmed, plane tickets bought. Then shortly after he dropped the ball.

Since this was an ED and my wife and I already requested days off work, finalized care for my two young kids (our first trip without the kids), purchased plane tickets, makes it much much worse when we were told the news from David.

Last edited by chmura; 07-27-2017 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0