norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
IF you get rid of the third vehicle..
IF you take her car.. to use the trailer.
IF she wants to go out.. at that exact same time that you have borrowed her vehicle.....

the 2017 M2 with 6MT hardly can just barely be considered a manual transmission car..

EASY clutch engagement /friction point
extremely light clutch effort
extremely light gearbox effort
traction control
Hill holder
auto rev match

With auto rev match... It's not like she can even grind a gear... and of course.. she doesn't even need to USE the clutch.... so...

Anyone that is INTERESTED in driving this car that is over the age of TWELVE and can reach the pedals.. can.. it's not a 1980s Porsche 930 Turbo slantnose...
You be surprised how often the situation comes up when I need her car. I take it to work to pick up the trailer (which is stored my shop). Or when I take the dogs hiking or the ATV out and on and on.

I digress, no need to justify what MY needs and situation is. I was just trying to explain that I am not whipped, and that I let my wife pick my cars, as someone implied. My prior comment was taken out of context. I am just trying to way pros and cons between manual and DCT.

As far as someone how easy it is to drive a manual. I agree, it should be a no brainer. I did not know the M2 had hill holder. THAT would make things a lot easier for someone that is challenged driving a clutch.

Last edited by norMcal; 08-17-2017 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #46
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Those bashing anyone for their choice, whether it be due to family concerns, subjective opinions or otherwise should be ashamed of themselves.
Appreciate 3
norMcal284.50
Spa2k1194.00
Not Sure212.50
      08-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #47
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by norMcal View Post
You be surprised how often the situation comes up when I need her car. I take it to work to pick up the trailer (which is stored my shop). Or when I take the dogs hiking or the ATV out and on and on.

I digress, no need to justify what MY needs and situation is. I was just trying to explain that I am not whipped, and that I let my wife pick my cars, as someone implied. My prior comment was taken out of context. I am just trying to way pros and cons between manual and DCT.

As far as someone how easy it is to drive a manual. I agree, it should be a no brainer. I did not know the M2 had hill holder. THAT would make things a lot easier for someone that is challenged driving a clutch.
Do you mind taking a picture with the Grass Valley Snapchat filter? (If you don't use Snapchat can you have someone who does?)

I designed the filter after falling in love with the area up there. Never got to go back and check it out in action
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #48
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Those bashing anyone for their choice, whether it be due to family concerns, subjective opinions or otherwise should be ashamed of themselves.
DCT shaming is common here. It's so ridiculous how insecure some people are (the ones doing the shaming).
Appreciate 1
devo755.00
      08-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #49
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Hmmmm. Seems to me the super sensitive ones about that "shaming" might have some insecurity issues as well
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 11:47 PM   #50
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

I will be on the Autobahn today, not at all worried about anyone here with my DCT. Enjoy what you drive. Its yours. If someone doesnt like it they are ignorant to speak up. It was your choice not theirs. They can go piss-off.
Appreciate 5
Spa2k1194.00
GHarris18.00
devo755.00
Not Sure212.50
      08-18-2017, 06:43 AM   #51
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
DCT shaming is common here. It's so ridiculous how insecure some people are (the ones doing the shaming).
agreed...
Appreciate 0