BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Brake in service?

07-31-2017, 03:33 AM   #1
Euromeister
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Brake in service?

What's the cost of the brake in service ?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 05:42 AM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Not sure sorry, just phoned to book mine in for the 11th and signed up for the £999 Service Inclusive.

I believe the 1200 is just the diff oil and not enginer oil like the F80/82 so 'hopefully' not loads....
      07-31-2017, 05:44 AM   #3
Euromeister
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Have you signed for 3 yrs ?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euromeister View Post
Have you signed for 3 yrs ?
Yes, the 3 year version, not sure if there is a 5 on the M2, likely maybe, always seemed ok value to me and I will use them all.
      07-31-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
Euromeister
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

There was a 5yr deal on the first cars but it's only 3 now !
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      08-10-2017, 06:19 AM   #6
cjw90
Registered
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Coupe LCI

I picked up my LCI on Tuesday, have a quote from the dealer of £313 for the 1200 mile service.

Didn't both with the service pack, as they said the first 3 years of servicing will be less than the £999 service pack price.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #7
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

1202 miles today, dropping into first service tomorrow, perfect planning
      08-17-2017, 03:49 AM   #8
X3n0m0rp4
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjw90 View Post
I picked up my LCI on Tuesday, have a quote from the dealer of £313 for the 1200 mile service.

Didn't both with the service pack, as they said the first 3 years of servicing will be less than the £999 service pack price.
Everyone has different circumstances but I am in the same position and not bothering with the pack as i worked it out and you need to remember that the service inclusive is 3yrs/36k miles so to get the full use of this, (taking CBS into consideration) you need to be covering around the full allocation of miles to get the 3 services, (including R.I.S).

So as most have a PCP deal, (large % will have a PCP on 8k) then to make use of the service pack you run the risk of excess mileage charges...at around 10p a mile. So to make use of something you are paying extra for you could end up paying more...yeah that is a joke IMO and a bit of a scam

so paying £999 on something i won't really benefit from is not my idea of a smart move ;-)

On the costs I was quoted around £300 for R.I.S and the dealer indicated that the proper service will be around the same, (depends on inflation)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3n0m0rp4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjw90 View Post

Everyone has different circumstances but I am in the same position and not bothering with the pack as i worked it out and you need to remember that the service inclusive is 3yrs/36k miles so to get the full use of this, (taking CBS into consideration) you need to be covering around the full allocation of miles to get the 3 services, (including R.I.S).

So as most have a PCP deal, (large % will have a PCP on 8k) then to make use of the service pack you run the risk of excess mileage charges...at around 10p a mile. So to make use of something you are paying extra for you could end up paying more...yeah that is a joke IMO and a bit of a scam

so paying £999 on something i won't really benefit from is not my idea of a smart move ;-)

On the costs I was quoted around £300 for R.I.S and the dealer indicated that the proper service will be around the same, (depends on inflation)
I can see where you're. Coming from but the 2 things are t linked, PCP deals are based on mileage and if you're going to be doing way more than your 8k PCP charges for that are most likely coming no matter what? Also the service centre are in no way reporting back mileage to BMW finance.

For me I'm doing around 18k a year so the service lack would get fully utilised for me so makes sense. I can appreciate for others it wouldn't, although it is transferable and in theory sellable on as a feature of the car. However much as per trying to sell M Perf kit on with the car, highly unlikely to recoup much of the outlay!

Good luck, choices choices.
      08-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #10
X3n0m0rp4
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
I can see where you're. Coming from but the 2 things are t linked, PCP deals are based on mileage and if you're going to be doing way more than your 8k PCP charges for that are most likely coming no matter what? Also the service centre are in no way reporting back mileage to BMW finance.

For me I'm doing around 18k a year so the service lack would get fully utilised for me so makes sense. I can appreciate for others it wouldn't, although it is transferable and in theory sellable on as a feature of the car. However much as per trying to sell M Perf kit on with the car, highly unlikely to recoup much of the outlay!

Good luck, choices choices.
If I did 18k a year...yeah would definitely take the SP
Apparently it was down to the EU looking at the fact the old SP was 5yrs but most were keeping there cars for only 3 so to avoid problems they CT they SP to 3...crazy
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00