BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Akrapovic Sound Kit question

08-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #1
maliderosF87
Private
Rep
Drives: F87

Akrapovic Sound Kit question

Hey, I read in a thread posted in this forum that the sound kit (the bluetooth valve control remote) from Akrapovic is pretty much useless since it doesnt seem to be able to open the exhaust valves when the vehicle is in Comfort mode and can only close them to make the car quieter when its in sport mode which is pretty moronic...

Can anyone who actually has the exhaust confirm? Dont wanna buy it and regret it...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
outcast
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2

Cannot confirm, but: the Sound Kit is not in the ECE homologation documents, which killed it instantly for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Mine opens flaps in comfort. Kind of pointless to do that though. I mostly control mine with the sport rocker switch these days so I'd say it's a waste. Cool party trick but not really necessary. Save your money. Buy it later if you want.
Appreciate 0