BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > The coveted end spot

05-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #45
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Hmmm.
I'm going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and that maybe he forgot to set his parking brake? Hard to believe anyone would be this big of a dbag or be so stupid to do this
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #46
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
I'm going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and that maybe he forgot to set his parking brake? Hard to believe anyone would be this big of a dbag or be so stupid to do this
I've seen this happen before with other cars and the culprit is usually an elderly person.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #47
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
But then there's the guy in back, who took the space in front also. Good thing there's plenty of open spaces.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 11:39 AM   #48
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@EuroJerks View Post
Most end spots have a curb and a tree though....birds suck.
Please! I swear I have a bulls eye on my hood that only birds can see.

A few years back I kept noticing all these tiny little balls of bird crap in a straight horizontal line on my passenger door right below the window and for the life of me couldn't figure how they got there. Fast forward a few days, I'm sitting in my office looking out the window at my car and I see these small birds on the lower window trim, walking back a forth looking at their reflection in my nice clean windows and pooping as they walked back and forth. I wanted to shoot them.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #49
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
Shhhh.

Do not spread the word about why you park end space and furthest away from the shop's entrance.

Others will cotton on and take *my* space.

What gives, though, when there are literally tens of parking spaces free all around where I've parked, that a lone driver pulls up in the space next to me and can't open their own door fully to get out the vehicle. *Any* other space, and I literally mean *any* space within 20 yards they could've parked such that they could throw their driver's door open with absolute abandon without being close to any other vehicle. But no. NO. They make it difficult for themselves to get out without causing damage. Why is this? Are they doing it on purpose, or are they utterly devoid of any situational awareness?

I just find it difficult to fathom this behaviour...

Yours Aye

Mark H
you can assume that they are doing that just to fuck with you. i retaliate by standing up their wipers
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #50
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

In this thread I have found my people. How many of you also leave notes on cars that park too close to you?

The worst is when you park at the edge of a large end spot and some f*ckface squeezes their car in between you and the next. There ends up being essentially 3 cars within 2 spots These people are living pieces of trash. It's happened to me twice in the past 6 months!!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15581.00
      05-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #51
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
In this thread I have found my people. How many of you also leave notes on cars that park too close to you?

The worst is when you park at the edge of a large end spot and some f*ckface squeezes their car in between you and the next. There ends up being essentially 3 cars within 2 spots These people are living pieces of trash. It's happened to me twice in the past 6 months!!
I used to keep this in my car for those kinds of people. Pretty uproarious. Excerpts:

Your car isn't nice enough to park in two spots.
I used to park like this. Then I turned 6.
If parking were a game of chess, you'd lose.
Maybe a GPS system could've helped you find the middle of this parking spot.
It was either this, or put a crowbar through your window.
Didn't know it was National Let Your Child Drive to Work Day.
Double parking hints at something deeper.
Hope you're better between the sheets than you are between the lines.
Apparently you have boundary issues.
Aliens searching for intelligent life would see your parking job and leave.
Did you park like this or was there an earthquake?

And my personal favorite:
The way you pulled in makes me wish your dad would've pulled out.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15581.00
King Rudi13152.00
Germanauto9665.50
      05-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #52
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post

..Your car isn't nice enough to park in two spots.
In my opinion, taking two spots is just asking for someone to screw with your car.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      05-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #53
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by PshhhhhMW View Post
I've seen this happen before with other cars and the culprit is usually an elderly person.
As someone of the senior persuasion I resemble that remark.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #54
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Lots of anal people on this forum...me also ;-)

Found this guy parked in endcap so just had to park next to him...
Attached Images

05-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #55
JayZap16
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, Merc GLE 63s, F90 M5

I agree with most of what is being said. The end spot is super important when it comes to minimizing risk. However, sometimes I will park it in an inconspicuous spot. Meaning the end spot or isolated spot is preferred, but if it draws unwanted or unsupervised attention then I am careful. A lot of punks and losers out there that hate seeing people happy. Basically I try not to park like a douche. I try not to flaunt my happiness for fear of someone "flicking boogers" or guy skateboarding down my hood for a cool you tube video.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #56
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

Douche of the day in my structure today!

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #57
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Douche of the day in my structure today
Jaysus. If he drove, say, a brand-new M5, I could almost understand this.

But a compact panel van?

I'd suggest deflating the tires, but that would just mean the damn thing would be stuck there longer.

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #58
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Needs the extra space on the right to maneuver the kidnap victims in more easily
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      05-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #59
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

At my University there is a spot by our building with two spots, that is it. During the day they are always taken. I roll in around around 10am and damn one of the spots is open so I whip into it and park. Just as I am about to get out I notice it is now a reversed spot. Damn, backup and go park across the street in the big lot. A colleague did the same thing. We then both learn the new permit holder is for the University's former President who we work with. We laughed.

Oh yeah notes on cars, #9 is for BMWs http://boredomtherapy.com/windshield-notes/
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #60
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
I hate when I park in the middle of nowhere and some asshat parks right next to me. ><
Happens a lot, I am convinced it is intentional.
      05-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #61
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:

Viffermike1753.00
      05-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #62
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've rotated through some hospitals during my training and noticed this to be very true. Old people don't give a flying f*ck about how they park. Over the line, under the line (lol) it doesn't matter.

I know I'm being a d*ck about it as the elderly, especially in the setting of a hospital, have limited mobility and their senses aren't what they used to be, but the car lover in me cringes.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #63
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZap16 View Post
I agree with most of what is being said. The end spot is super important when it comes to minimizing risk. However, sometimes I will park it in an inconspicuous spot. Meaning the end spot or isolated spot is preferred, but if it draws unwanted or unsupervised attention then I am careful. A lot of punks and losers out there that hate seeing people happy. Basically I try not to park like a douche. I try not to flaunt my happiness for fear of someone "flicking boogers" or guy skateboarding down my hood for a cool you tube video.
I used to double park in the back empty parking lots, but I noticed every time I'd get anxiety that some jealous soul would be vandalizing my car out of spite.

I never did it cuz I'm an elitist douche, it was solely to protect my car from the eventual a-hole who comes and parks next to me in the empty lot, but I digress.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #64
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've rotated through some hospitals during my training and noticed this to be very true. Old people don't give a flying f*ck about how they park. Over the line, under the line (lol) it doesn't matter.

I know I'm being a d*ck about it as the elderly, especially in the setting of a hospital, have limited mobility and their senses aren't what they used to be, but the car lover in me cringes.
Well, thing is ... many elderly don't give a flying ____ how they drive, either. Half of them shouldn't have licenses because they would fail either an eyesight test or the driving exam itself. And: Many of those know they shouldn't be driving but continue to because it's one of the few things they can still do by choice to enable personal freedom.

When self-driving cars become commonplace enough for some elderly to use, I'm a proponent of requiring a full re-examination for Driver's Licenses at age 65. The more of those we can get out of a driver's seat, the better.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #65
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep

Quote:

IMHO, if they have those issues they should give up driving before they kill someone.
      05-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #66
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Well, thing is ... many elderly don't give a flying ____ how they drive, either. Half of them shouldn't have licenses because they would fail either an eyesight test or the driving exam itself. And: Many of those know they shouldn't be driving but continue to because it's one of the few things they can still do by choice to enable personal freedom.

When self-driving cars become commonplace enough for some elderly to use, I'm a proponent of requiring a full re-examination for Driver's Licenses at age 65. The more of those we can get out of a driver's seat, the better.
Agreed, at a minimum get an eye exam and retake the driving test at 65, then every 3-5 years after that.

I am 54, and would be willing to do this to ensure I am safe on the road. My current license is good for 8 years. Imagine how much I can change between 54 and 62, then again at 70.