M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Black Chrome Exhaust Tips

05-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Black Chrome Exhaust Tips

So bought these and just installed them.

Thing is that they are slanted and the M2 exhaust is straight cut. This means that they don't fit properly and therefore stick out the back another 2".

Am I missing something? None of the ads on the IND site show this issue - They all look flushed up. Can't see this happening without cutting the actual exhaust.

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

This is how they should look when pushed in. You will see the slant cut of the factory exhaust in this photo. This is how many install them and sit pretty flush.

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 05-22-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

There is NO slant cut on my exhaust and none on the photo you supply. The reason these look more flush with the back of the car is because the carbon fibre sits out further.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

I think the problem here is that IND are selling the wrong part # for the M2 the correct part number for the black chrome for the M2 is 18308047194 and not the part # 18107853892 which are for the M3 and M4 - Check out the site they have the wrong part listed.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #5
IND-Distribution
United_States
Rep

I stand corrected, I meant to say you can see the round exhaust under the slant tip.

We offer the M3/M4 black chrome as members were looking for the slant cut style. The M2 black chrome ones are similar to the factory round tips.

If you are unhappy with the fitment with the stock diffuser then we will have our support team reach out to you.
      05-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #6
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

It is just that your site shows 2 different tips under the black chrome section. It is confusing right?
I think you show both model #'s but the M3/M4 tips have a far greater rake. The car you feature does not show those tips installed it shows the correct ones.
Someone will order them and get the M3 tips and wonder why they don't look proper as I did. I believe that the 18308047194 are not available in North America. Although they are the recommended part number on RealOEM.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #7
IND-Distribution
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
It is just that your site shows 2 different tips under the black chrome section. It is confusing right?
I think you show both model #'s but the M3/M4 tips have a far greater rake. The car you feature does not show those tips installed it shows the correct ones.
Someone will order them and get the M3 tips and wonder why they don't look proper as I did. I believe that the 18308047194 are not available in North America. Although they are the recommended part number on RealOEM.

As of now we only offer the part number 18107853892 for the M2. Which are the same ones that are on the photo that was posted. Here are couple others who have the same tips installed on their M2. http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...highlight=tips

05-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #8
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Maybe you should mention that they are not actually designed for that car. If you look carefully at the photos on your site you will see 2 sets of 4 tips. Look carefully they are different. The M3 tips have a heavy bevel and the other set does not.
There is no way that the last photo you showed is the same tips or the internal ss pipe has been trimmed.
Look at the photos on my car. With the stock tips they are flush with the back with the M3 tips they stick out 2" at least.

Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
IND-Distribution
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Maybe you should mention that they are not actually designed for that car. If you look carefully at the photos on your site you will see 2 sets of 4 tips. Look carefully they are different. The M3 tips have a heavy bevel and the other set does not.
There is no way that the last photo you showed is the same tips or the internal ss pipe has been trimmed.
Look at the photos on my car. With the stock tips they are flush with the back with the M3 tips they stick out 2" at least.

Thank you, we will have our web guy adjust the listing. You will receive an email shortly on how to return the tips to us for a refund.
      05-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
Thank you, we will have our web guy adjust the listing. You will receive an email shortly on how to return the tips to us for a refund.
This is not necessary. I purchased these from a fellow member who bought them from IND. I based my decision to purchase them based on your site description but do not hold IND accountable. I should have done more research. I am just trying to help so others don't make the same mistake.

Appreciate 1
RedCarrot230.50
      05-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #11
ScreamingChicken
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG MT Exec

Are there slant black chrome exhaust tips that do work on M2 with stock rear diffuser? I was going to buy these tips this summer but now I wonder if they will work.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #12
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

18308047194 are not slanted from the pics. If you buy the M3 ones you will have to cut the stock exhaust if you want them to flush up. Angle grinder and you will likely have to drop the pipes down. I don't mind the square look of the stock tips but wanted black chrome.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #13
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
There is NO slant cut on my exhaust and none on the photo you supply. The reason these look more flush with the back of the car is because the carbon fibre sits out further.
This is as far as I have gotten with them. I don't mind that they stick out a bit, but what I don't like is that they are kind of skinny so they don't fill the gap between the diffusor and the exhaust. If they were shorter or wider it would help with that.

Now I see you have yours on the bottom a bit more tucked but I didn't like the exhaust resting on the black chrome like you have it so mine just go to the edge (as seen in my last pic). Now the top you can see the upper prongs are right at the top of the exhaust and I wonder if MAYBE I could get those pushed back beyond the tip of the exhaust? Not sure of it had no prongs hypothetically how much farther I could get them on? The lower prongs are behind the exhaust as they should be.

Last edited by akkando; 05-24-2018 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #14
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
I stand corrected, I meant to say you can see the round exhaust under the slant tip.

We offer the M3/M4 black chrome as members were looking for the slant cut style. The M2 black chrome ones are similar to the factory round tips.

If you are unhappy with the fitment with the stock diffuser then we will have our support team reach out to you.
What I want to know is how far are those clips at the top supposed to go down the exhaust? You can see in my photo below that the clips on the top of the black chrome tip is right at the edge of the exhaust, but not over the exhaust. Is it possible to get it over the exhaust for a tighter fit? I am not sure. I have the bottom of the exhaust flush with the tip.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #15
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

I think the only way is to angle cut the actual pipe. Might sell mine and order the square cut from Europe. As you have pointed the fit is poor.
Appreciate 0