BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Knee pad polar with blue stitching

04-10-2018, 01:35 AM   #45
M2audioman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Just curious.. Why does this thing cost $225? Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that IND made this for the community, but $225 for a knee pad? Seems steep. Unless it secretly mines Bitcoin or something...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #46
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2audioman View Post
Just curious.. Why does this thing cost $225? Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that IND made this for the community, but $225 for a knee pad? Seems steep. Unless it secretly mines Bitcoin or something...
It actually does mine Bitcoin, but that's included for free as a courtesy to our Bimmerpost supporters.

No, but in all honesty, we purchase the OEM part, remove the OE fabric, and add stitching. We also put in time to make a template to ensure the stitching pattern and shape matched the pre-LCI piece perfectly. It's the little things
      04-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #47
M2audioman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@IND View Post
It actually does mine Bitcoin, but that's included for free as a courtesy to our Bimmerpost supporters.

No, but in all honesty, we purchase the OEM part, remove the OE fabric, and add stitching. We also put in time to make a template to ensure the stitching pattern and shape matched the pre-LCI piece perfectly. It's the little things
Fair enough. I do respect and admire the quality of your products.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 11:49 PM   #48
JB330Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@IND View Post

I really like it but $225 is still too steep to me. Besides I will end up with the OEM pad sitting there doing nothing. How about trading my OEM LCI one in for $125? $100 to cover your cost to put blue stitching on. For $100 plus OEM trade in I believe you would draw more LCI owners to swap.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #49
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Great upgrade.. very happy with it
Attached Images