BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Seat Back Deformed and Peeling Away

04-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Seat Back Deformed and Peeling Away

Folded the passenger side seat forward to load the dogs in the back seat and discovered this. Anyone else have this happen?

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
M2_AL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Folded the passenger side seat forward to load the dogs in the back seat and discovered this. Anyone else have this happen?

Wow that would piss me off! I just got my m2 and do not have this problem and I've never seen it before. Did you buy the car brand new? Did you notice this when inspecting the car before purchase? If I were you, take it to the dealership and have them fix that. Seems like a manufacture defect.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2_AL View Post
Wow that would piss me off! I just got my m2 and do not have this problem and I've never seen it before. Did you buy the car brand new? Did you notice this when inspecting the car before purchase? If I were you, take it to the dealership and have them fix that. Seems like a manufacture defect.
Yeah, purchased new and it was NOT like that. Like I said, I cant figure out how it happened. Had the car at the dealer to have my wheels put on and I had them check it out. They "fixed" it under warranty. Looks like they just bent it back. it's still deformed, but better. I'll bring it up agin when I'm in for my next oil change.
Appreciate 0