BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > 911 or M2?

03-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #133
sled
Registered
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmazing View Post
My wife and I often swap vehicles depending on who has what on and she's never felt comfortable driving such an expensive vehicle.
Ha... same here on swapping the DD but I can't keep the wife out of the 911.1.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 10:49 PM   #134
Bobby P
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i/VW MK7.5 GTI

911, easy.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #135
ktrainman
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

I owned a 997.2 C4S.
If cars were super hero's, I'd say my 911 was like Superman, extremely capable and serious.
M2 is like Deadpool, still very capable but fun.
I only enjoyed the 911 when I was going fast. Rear engine means lots of underwater in daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 06:06 PM   #136
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

OK... So there are way too many pages for me to read them all! But just the few I've read are pretty funny. I completely understand where the OP is coming from. I have an Huracan as my main toy and am looking to add a different daily driver.

I've had 993 and a 997TT with 900hp. I was considering another 993, 997 or a 991. But I really could use a larger backseat for toddler and another baby on way. Mind you I don't NEED a backseat because I have 2 other vehicles with backseats. But it would be nice.

I do not agree that the 911 is "just better period" over M2.

1) The M2 could be more fun to drive for the very reasons some mention it is not as nice - more upright yet great steering and turnin for example. These are normally diametrically opposed. Sort of like a naked streetfighter bike is generally considered more fun than an all out superbike though the superbike has better all out performance. But it sure is more fun to wheelie and through a more upright bike into turns. You don't require as much all out speed to enjoy.

2) M2 actually feels more special to me. At least in appearance. I see 911's ALL DAY long. They have come to be quite pedestrian and boring looking unless highly modded. The fenders and whole disposition of the M2 is unique. I felt the same about my Evo but moreso the M2

3) Surely production #'s will be much lower on M2 than high mass 911. Porsche's high volumes are what have helped it become the most profitable car company! M2 is a specialty version of what might presumably be a moderate volume base car...

Net net, for crazy people like all of us here - cars are emotional! There is no "better period". If it grabs you then you two are destined to be together LOL.
68' Charger
16' BMW R9T
Appreciate 1
Fuller1216.50