BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > DSC Issue with Frontal Collision warning and Pedestrian Detection Failure

08-21-2018, 02:01 AM   #1
Gunner5390
Rep
Drives: M

DSC Issue with Frontal Collision warning and Pedestrian Detection Failure

Has anyone come across a combination of failures as mentioned in the title?
I received three errors and was requested to contact service center.

1. DSC Malfunction/disabled, drive moderately (not sure whether it was saying malfunction or disabled, didn't click a pic and I am worried most about this )
2. Frontal Collision warning system inactive
3. Pedestrian warning inactive

Timeline of events:

I had driven my car on moderate speeds averaging 100-120kph for around 30kms. I hit 180kph once during this drive and backed off. All highway driving. Stopped and went to collect some stuff from mall (30 minutes) and drove again for 5kms. Stopped again at a starbucks (15 minutes) and drove again. Received the errors when I reversed out and started to drive again.. stopped the car, completely switched off and started again.. no error messages but on putting to Sport mode received the error again.. but it went away as I inched forward..

I called the service center to check and drop the car off but won't be able to drop the car off until Thursday as it is public holidays here in Dubai this week..

I always dread giving car away for service and as this being my first M I am worried a little.. it has around 13k in odometer. I will click some pics if I get those errors again..

Thoughts from the community will be appreciated...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 02:50 AM   #2
Gunner5390
Rep
Drives: M

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1178785

May be something related.. still doesn't say why the dsc message showed up..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

My guess is the DSC has an issue which makes these other systems impossible for the car to implement. I had a rear wheel bearing go bad on my E90 years ago and at speeds over 80 I would get a DSC failure, with a ton of other alerts. The dealer will quickly figure this out for you, until then just drive cautiously.
Appreciate 0