BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Hit a parked car

01-24-2024, 01:39 AM   #23
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
No news but this has been on my mind today. I get so sad whenever I see the damage…can’t believe it’s been close to 6 months. I feel so bad for the car

My appointment at the shop isn’t until late March. Looking forward to having it fixed.

I’m planning on doing a road trip across the country likely in mid to late April so I really hope the repairs are finished in time. And despite not being an anxious person I get slightly anxious at the thought of the repair not paint matching correctly. It’s scary to me that they’re gonna paint the whole door! What if the left and right sides of the car end up in different colors!! Ahhh. I’m sure it’ll be fine. This shop did an excellent job last time (to my eyes…)

I’ll probably make a thread on the main forum for the road trip once I get more details finalized. And if for whatever reason the timing doesn’t work out in April then I’ll do it in mid-late summer instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 10:22 PM   #24
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Why so long to get into the shop? Any pics of the damage?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 10:26 PM   #25
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
Why so long to get into the shop? Any pics of the damage?
Pics in OP! (First post)

Not sure why so long but my guess is that it’s because it’s where BMW Seattle sends cars to which probably greatly increases volume.

Maybe I just got lucky last time I used them but my memory is I was able to get slotted in pretty quickly.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 07:32 AM   #26
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
So sorry that it is taking so long to get your problem addressed. Hopefully they will do an excellent job. Good luck.
      04-23-2024, 01:45 PM   #27
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got the car back last Friday! So happy to be driving it again (it was in the shop for a month) and for it to look good again.

To my eyes it looks perfect. I have a friend who can spot defects easier than me and he also says it looks perfectly matched and he's not really one to shy away from honesty, lol.

We'll see how it holds up, but I'm confident it will. I told them that was my biggest worry and they said not to worry and that they offered a lifetime warranty on it.

The only negative is due to my own schedule constraints I was imposing, I had to pay a significant balance out of pocket. I knew this was likely when I told them to start working on it before there was full agreement between them and Geico. So now I'm going to work with Geico to see if I can get paid back for that. We'll see.

VERY EXCITED to drive the car across the country and back this summer! I leave end of next week!
Appreciate 1
MSH_121.50