BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 763m gold paint or powder coat?

04-20-2024, 12:48 AM   #23
Driven By CM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I think $800 for a multistep attempt like the originals is a great deal. My BMW dealership charged me $250 to do a scrape repair that I think was more of a single color match. Even $800 to spay a set of wheels a single color gold seems reasonable.

I've noticed that not may people pay attention to the hue of gold from brand to brand. They just see gold.
To clarify, are you saying you paid $250 to have your Frozen Gold 763m's repaired? The last owner of my car scraped two of the wheels and I'm hoping it's possible to get an OEM fix.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 06:39 AM   #24
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven By CM View Post
To clarify, are you saying you paid $250 to have your Frozen Gold 763m's repaired? The last owner of my car scraped two of the wheels and I'm hoping it's possible to get an OEM fix.
Yes, but it's not a true repair. A talented wheel person matched the gold color, but you can tell the process is not the same as BMW. You have to get right up to the wheel and look for a minute to find it. If you no what to look for it still takes a couple minutes. I went to my bmw dealership.
      04-20-2024, 01:43 PM   #25
Driven By CM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Yes, but it's not a true repair. A talented wheel person matched the gold color, but you can tell the process is not the same as BMW. You have to get right up to the wheel and look for a minute to find it. If you no what to look for it still takes a couple minutes. I went to my bmw dealership.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I figured a full fix was completely out of the question, but I’m glad to know that a “better than what I have now” solution exists without having to buy 2x new 763m’s.
Appreciate 0