ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastrix View Post
You missed out some vital wording - IN THE USA

As said above, collected mine on the 26th without any disclaimer (but with a clunking diff).
How many M2s are they even going to sell in Sweden? Three? Sorry if all three of you were misled by the lack of a regional disclaimer. Congrats on your delivery. One down, two to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 06:14 AM   #508
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
How many M2s are they even going to sell in Sweden? Three? Sorry if all three of you were misled by the lack of a regional disclaimer. Congrats on your delivery. One down, two to go.
Yes, because there is just one other country in the World besides the U.S. where they sell M2s.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2016, 06:39 AM   #509
sarcastrix
Wallander
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
How many M2s are they even going to sell in Sweden? Three?
You obviously know very little about the world outside your small bubble. Let me guess, you're a Trump voter
LAGWAGN272.00
      08-31-2016, 06:44 AM   #510
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Can you provide evidence of this?
BMW themselves, check the main forum thread for some more detailed info.

Not all cars are getting crappy diffs either, it's luck of the draw at this point, but they are fully aware of which cars get them, a big improvement over before where they started with a 200 car list and are now at 10,000+

What it comes down to is parts availability - they don't have enough good ones to keep cars coming off the line, so get the cars ready with a crappy diff then fix it later.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2016, 07:01 AM   #511
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:
Can you provide evidence of this?
BMW themselves, check the main forum thread for some more detailed info.

Not all cars are getting crappy diffs either, it's luck of the draw at this point, but they are fully aware of which cars get them, a big improvement over before where they started with a 200 car list and are now at 10,000+

What it comes down to is parts availability - they don't have enough good ones to keep cars coming off the line, so get the cars ready with a crappy diff then fix it later.
Interesting. So some earlyish cars (say, May 18 eop date) may, in fact, be ok?
      08-31-2016, 07:38 AM   #512
MYK
///MYK
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: M2

I got the call, car was supposed to be collected tomorrow. Now I was told it will not be before September 5th which isn't that bad. Car production date June 9th (M2). When I asked why, I was told its regarding a recall related to the differential and that there are a couple of M2s which arrived last week who are still waiting.

I hope I don't get another excuse next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 07:41 AM   #513
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Interesting. So some earlyish cars (say, May 18 eop date) may, in fact, be ok?
Yep, it's a crapshoot,some cars got the good ones, some didn't.

They'll probably end up replacing most if not all of them though for early production cars...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #514
MYK
///MYK
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playitfunky View Post
Is it just USA or anywhere? Mine would have been built smack bang in the middle of that timeline!
Kuwait here, got the call too. Production date June 9th 2016.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 08:12 AM   #515
MYK
///MYK
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevi Javi View Post
Driver37. for some reason I cant private msg you. Please check my vin. my car finished production on June 20th. V841882

thanks!
My car was made approximately 10 days before yours and the VIN is almost the same minus 5. Doesn't mean that they make 15 cars per month, just thought I'd share. Since I have nothing better to do M2 related because of this recall/delay.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 08:18 AM   #516
Jevi Javi
Second Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 + G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYK View Post
My car was made approximately 10 days before yours and the VIN is almost the same minus 5. Doesn't mean that they make 15 cars per month, just thought I'd share. Since I have nothing better to do M2 related because of this recall/delay.

sorry to hear that though
      08-31-2016, 09:24 AM   #517
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYK View Post
The recall was lifted in the US but maybe if you show them the info they can waive it for you as well.

On the other hand, if the parts are ready and it will be fixed by Sept. 5th, then that is a better choice.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 11:10 AM   #518
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Quote:
You obviously know very little about the world outside your small bubble. Let me guess, you're a Trump voter
      08-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #519
Chills
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
The recall was lifted in the US but maybe if you show them the info they can waive it for you as well.
Been there, done that... as much as my (UK) dealership would love me to take my M2 outta their way, BMW AG won't 'sign off' the car on the UK system, so its a no-go.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 12:25 PM   #520
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimfanrick
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by masou
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle View Post
My M2 was slated for production week of August 21. Inquired today about status, and was told I will hear back in a day or two. I assume my date has been pushed out a few weeks by now.

Word is that BMW determined the differential issue is not 'safety related' and thus the cars will be produced, shipped and released without an upgraded LSD. I was told there are insufficient parts available to keep up with scheduled production and install the LSD upgrade; but should expect to have the requisite upgrade at my 1200 mile 'check up' visit to dealer service...
are you saying all the cars just produced outside of the dates previously mentioned and about to arrive at the VPC also have the diff issue?
Yes and more than just that, ALL M2 production from the start will likely get new diffs.

They're still actively installing bum diffs in cars since there are no parts for a fix.
This is disappointing to me. My car finished production week 30 (July 25) and it has already arrived in South Carolina. I opted for Performance Center Delivery which is scheduled for September 23. My dealership wants me to come in and sign paperwork and pay for the vehicle this week and I've been assured on numerous occasions by dealership and BMW Genius that my car's differential is not affected. Don't know what to do. Hope I don't pay this week to have delivery delayed...
Did anyone mention to you that your new vehicle comes with a WARRANTY ?

Never mind. You should Refuse delivery and just wait till this entire mess is over. That's always the best choice. That way someone that truly WANTS an M2 will get one ...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 12:46 PM   #521
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
I actually lived in both Helsinki and Stockholm for a combined 7 years. Don't let that stop you from continuing to stereotype Americans, though! Kiitos, takk.
Appreciate 1
Franzino860.00
      08-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #522
Swimfanrick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimfanrick
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by masou
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle View Post
My M2 was slated for production week of August 21. Inquired today about status, and was told I will hear back in a day or two. I assume my date has been pushed out a few weeks by now.

Word is that BMW determined the differential issue is not 'safety related' and thus the cars will be produced, shipped and released without an upgraded LSD. I was told there are insufficient parts available to keep up with scheduled production and install the LSD upgrade; but should expect to have the requisite upgrade at my 1200 mile 'check up' visit to dealer service...
are you saying all the cars just produced outside of the dates previously mentioned and about to arrive at the VPC also have the diff issue?
Yes and more than just that, ALL M2 production from the start will likely get new diffs.

They're still actively installing bum diffs in cars since there are no parts for a fix.
This is disappointing to me. My car finished production week 30 (July 25) and it has already arrived in South Carolina. I opted for Performance Center Delivery which is scheduled for September 23. My dealership wants me to come in and sign paperwork and pay for the vehicle this week and I've been assured on numerous occasions by dealership and BMW Genius that my car's differential is not affected. Don't know what to do. Hope I don't pay this week to have delivery delayed...
Did anyone mention to you that your new vehicle comes with a WARRANTY ?

Never mind. You should Refuse delivery and just wait till this entire mess is over. That's always the best choice. That way someone that truly WANTS an M2 will get one ...
HAHA! I've wanted this car so long, you'd have to pry the keys from my cold, dead hand!
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2016, 04:48 PM   #523
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
I actually lived in both Helsinki and Stockholm for a combined 7 years. Don't let that stop you from continuing to stereotype Americans, though! Kiitos, takk.
It was YOU who is demonstrating the behaviour of a "stereotypical American".
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2016, 04:51 PM   #524
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Is the diff problem still going on brand new delivered M2's? Mine will be delivered at the end of november. Just wondering; how many days before delivery is the building proces of the car finished?
      08-31-2016, 05:28 PM   #525
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
It was YOU who is demonstrating the behaviour of a "stereotypical American".
Check his other recent posts. The conclusion is yours to make, he did shoot someone with an emoticon.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #526
chambolle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 coupe; 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
Is the diff problem still going on brand new delivered M2's? Mine will be delivered at the end of november. Just wondering; how many days before delivery is the building proces of the car finished?
I am told my car was completed end of August. From Germany to my dealer in Seattle, I am told, will be 30 to 45 days after completion. Your mileage may vary depending on where you are taking delivery.

As far as I am aware, the car will be delivered with the 'problem differential' installed. They do not have 'good' differentials in stock sufficient to make more cars and upgrade cars already sold. So rather than stop production, they are shipping the new cars out with a known problem and will issue recalls on the cars at delivery. My dealer says the plan is to repair or replace the LSD at the 1200 mile scheduled 'new car check up.' Whether BMW will have sufficient parts in stock by then remains to be seen.

But basically, your choice is to take delivery of a car with a known defect, drive it with extra care during break in and await a warranty/recall repair; or decline the car and wait until BMW has sufficient backlog of parts to deliver a car with the upgraded LSD. The latter likely means you would get back in the waiting list line for a car.

I choose to take delivery, baby the car until I can have the LSD issue resolved, and rely on the warranty to protect me. I'm not waiting another six months to a year to get my car.

As for the suggestion you will be required to 'waive' your warranty if you accept a car now, I doubt that. Such a waiver quite likely would be unenforceable; and besides, I doubt BMW wants the PR nightmare of having an army of angry buyers of its most ballyhooed model in years who were strongarmed into taking a defective car and forced to take on the risk of failure because BMW failed to source adequate parts for the new vehicles. Nor would it want lots of cars rejected and sitting at dealerships awaiting a buyer willing to waive warranty and roll the dice.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 01:44 AM   #527
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I have a MY2017 and I was told by my CA that the MY2017 don't have the diff issue not sure how true that is. I also did my 1200mile break in service on Tuesday and my SA didn't mention any recalls. Well I just have to wait and see if BMW sends me anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 04:15 AM   #528
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Picking mine up at the performance center and my M2 production started production 1st week of August. No diff issue.