BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2C Allocations Mid May - Out of Luck?

05-13-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
m0g24
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2K to M2C

M2C Allocations Mid May - Out of Luck?

Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and a current '06 Honda S2K owner who has been patiently waiting for the past 7+ years for something to excite me. I've always loved the M2, and the Competition model has really done me in. After years of going back and forth and then being disappointed with the new Supra I'm all in with the M2C.

I started my hunt last week and it's a bit gut-wrenching cause I finally land on a car and realize there are none left. I've called and worked with BMW Seattle, Chapman, Sterling, and Pacific. Pacific seems to have the last remaining one only because they have marked up the car ABOVE MSRP by $5,000 which priced me out. So frustrating...

Am I out of luck guys? Is there a chance there will be new allocations for the month of June? Or have the last remaining allocations been given out with production ending next month?

Also, if any of you know of an open allocation or one that opens up and the dealer is willing to sell at MSRP I'd be truly grateful. These types of experiences don't come around too often in my life.

Cheers,

TLDR; After years of waiting finally decide on M2C. Seems I missed the boat as allocations are all out. Pacific BMW has the last remaining one at $5k above MSRP. Wondering if there's any chance for more allocations in the pipeline...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
If you're looking for an allocation, try BMW Bellevue.
https://www.bmwbellevue.com/new-inve...06%22%7D%5D%7D
They have some M2Cs in stock as well. Its about a 15 minute drive from BMW Seattle. I purchased cars from both dealers before.
      05-13-2021, 10:14 AM   #3
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

^They're not in stock, they're in transit (and likely accounted for, but for sure still worth asking).

OP I'm two weeks past paying attention to available allocations - so I can be/am likely out of date - but you'll really need to start cold calling/online chats anywhere and everywhere and see.

3 dealers that did have allocations at MSRP a couple weeks ago are: Fremont, Monterey, San Rafael. Can at least start there and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #4
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

I got my allocation a couple of weeks ago...called several Texas dealers and finally found one (4 hours away) and locked it up. I am sure you can still get one if you are flexible on getting car transported, etc...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #5
m0g24
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to be on the hunt.

One other challenge regarding the allocations, is there any way to customize them after you've locked them in? Or are you stuck with whatever the build is (color, transmission, options)?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
zatchmo
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 328xi

If it hasn't entered production yet, you can still customize it. Mine went to production status about 2 weeks before it was built. So there's a chance, but a pretty slim one. I called all my local dealers first, after not getting the best of service I broadened my search and found one. Shortly after I did, 3 local dealers get back to me saying they found them. Go figure. This was about 3 weeks ago. I think your best bet is to just call everyone. There's a good chance you'll find one.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 10:56 AM   #7
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0g24 View Post
Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to be on the hunt.

One other challenge regarding the allocations, is there any way to customize them after you've locked them in? Or are you stuck with whatever the build is (color, transmission, options)?
Ask if they have any allocations and if they are at status code 112 or less. Up to that point you can change the spec. Once it hits 150 (begin production) you will have to take whatever colour, transmission, etc... it has - if that ends up being the situation you find yourself in.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 11:21 AM   #8
Jeff01234567
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp, M-B A220

Garage List
Quote:
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and a current '06 Honda S2K owner who has been patiently waiting for the past 7+ years for something to excite me. I've always loved the M2, and the Competition model has really done me in. After years of going back and forth and then being disappointed with the new Supra I'm all in with the M2C.

I started my hunt last week and it's a bit gut-wrenching cause I finally land on a car and realize there are none left. I've called and worked with BMW Seattle, Chapman, Sterling, and Pacific. Pacific seems to have the last remaining one only because they have marked up the car ABOVE MSRP by $5,000 which priced me out. So frustrating...

Am I out of luck guys? Is there a chance there will be new allocations for the month of June? Or have the last remaining allocations been given out with production ending next month?

Also, if any of you know of an open allocation or one that opens up and the dealer is willing to sell at MSRP I'd be truly grateful. These types of experiences don't come around too often in my life.

Cheers,

TLDR; After years of waiting finally decide on M2C. Seems I missed the boat as allocations are all out. Pacific BMW has the last remaining one at $5k above MSRP. Wondering if there's any chance for more allocations in the pipeline...
If you are able to find an M2C, I hope you don't sell your S2K... The M2C is a great performing car but it won't replace the excitement brought by the sound of 8K+ RPM revs and wind in your hair. I rented one on Turo to drive for 2 days and it remains one of the most exciting cars I've ever driven.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 01:06 PM   #9
marcw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
My CA had one allocation left as of last week. PM me for contact info.

Retired: 2016 328i xDrive SportsWagon, 2010 Z4 sDrive 35i, 2006 530 xiT, 1999 323i
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 01:35 PM   #10
burtonsbs5114
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2c. LBB, 6mt

Garage List
You can try Enterprise BMW in Appleton, WI. Ask for Sam and let him know Aaron K sent you. I ordered mine April 30th and I believe he said they had another allocation left.
      05-13-2021, 02:36 PM   #11
m0g24
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff01234567 View Post
If you are able to find an M2C, I hope you don't sell your S2K... The M2C is a great performing car but it won't replace the excitement brought by the sound of 8K+ RPM revs and wind in your hair. I rented one on Turo to drive for 2 days and it remains one of the most exciting cars I've ever driven.
There's a reason it has taken me so long to find something that excites me... And this comment makes me rethink everything hahah. To this day I still love driving my S2K, but am not wealthy enough to own both. I will have to sell
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 02:38 PM   #12
m0g24
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

marcw Will do! My account is still too new to permit PMs but should be able to do so shortly
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 02:42 PM   #13
Zero23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT, '22 X3M Comp

Quote:
There's a reason it has taken me so long to find something that excites me... And this comment makes me rethink everything hahah. To this day I still love driving my S2K, but am not wealthy enough to own both. I will have to sell
I sold my S2K almost a decade ago and to this day I still miss driving it. There truly is nothing like the driving experience of the S.

That being said, priorities in life change, and I don't regret the decision, but driving top down revving to 8K (AP2) will always be a fond memory.

Good luck with the allocation hunt. My dealer - Fields BMW in Orlando had one a couple weeks ago for me, but someone didn't pick up their M2C that was spec'ed similarly to what I was going to order so I ended up taking that one instead of waiting. Not sure if they still have it or not. I was told someone else wanted to buy the one that I ended up buying, so they might have given it to that person.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #14
Manny01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2

Have you driven the M2C?

Cause as a long-time owner of an S2K you may be disappointed. The M2C destroys the S2K in every imaginable statistical category, but the S2K feels better. It's light, more connected, tossable, much better steering, nimble, etc. You can easily drive the S2K at it's limits. The M2C? Much tougher.

I enjoy the M2C very much, but just throwing this out. Have you looked into a p-car? They're much closer to the S2K viscerally.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:27 PM   #15
m0g24
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny01 View Post
Have you driven the M2C?

Cause as a long-time owner of an S2K you may be disappointed. The M2C destroys the S2K in every imaginable statistical category, but the S2K feels better. It's light, more connected, tossable, much better steering, nimble, etc. You can easily drive the S2K at it's limits. The M2C? Much tougher.

I enjoy the M2C very much, but just throwing this out. Have you looked into a p-car? They're much closer to the S2K viscerally.
I hear you Manny. This is why it has taken me so long because I know what you share is true.

I'm now middle-aged, have a wife, and suffer from chronic back pain. I'm not able to enjoy the S2K the way I used to in my more youthful days. The ride is insanely stiff and at 6'1" I find myself constantly slouching or bending my neck down to see stoplights and signage.

I test drove the M2C and loved it, but it wasn't me pushing it to its limits. It was me validating that I can enjoy driving it around the city in a car that felt more appropriate for my age, condition, and stage of life.

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2021, 04:43 PM   #16
marcw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
marcw Will do! My account is still too new to permit PMs but should be able to do so shortly
Gotcha. Give Sonya West at BMW Galleria a call at +1 (251) 232-4663

Retired: 2016 328i xDrive SportsWagon, 2010 Z4 sDrive 35i, 2006 530 xiT, 1999 323i
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #17
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
I hear you Manny. This is why it has taken me so long because I know what you share is true.

I'm now middle-aged, have a wife, and suffer from chronic back pain. I'm not able to enjoy the S2K the way I used to in my more youthful days. The ride is insanely stiff and at 6'1" I find myself constantly slouching or bending my neck down to see stoplights and signage.

I test drove the M2C and loved it, but it wasn't me pushing it to its limits. It was me validating that I can enjoy driving it around the city in a car that felt more appropriate for my age, condition, and stage of life.

Cheers!
The S2K is a great car if you live above 5500RPMs.

I instructed in and drove several of them 15+ years ago.

I settled on the new ND Miata. It spanks the S2000's in the SCCA STR class, has torque, down low and weighs less than a S2K. The shifter is ever bit as good as the S2000's. The ND2's make power all the way to 7500 RPM's BTW.

Its the perfect compliment to my 2020 M2C.

The RF Club is my back road/auto X toy and cruising with the bride.

The M2C is my track toy, and power beast...
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0