BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Bugs/Annoyances in my M2

01-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #45
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

New one..

Ok, only had the car since Saturday, so maybe something I will get used to.. but....

The top of my foot (toe area) seems to be dragging or getting caught on something when I clutch in. My shoe size is 11.5 so I am surprised that the lower dash is THAT low that my foot is hitting?

Obviously, only for 6-speed folks, but anyone else have this issue?

oh and not sure I like Carplay and rev matching sucks
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #46
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
On the iphone bluetooth every car I have used my iPhone its always gone to the first song, in my case Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, drives me nuts but I think that is an Apple thing more so than BMW. I ended up putting my entire music library into the hard drive which works great and solves this issue.
In my VW, the media system just remembers where is was left last time (if it's the same iPhone) and just continues from there when you plug it in again (or start the car if BT). In my M4, it always starts from the first song, which drives me mad cause, if a VW 800€ media system can do it, a 2700€ BMW system should be able to do that too...
So no, it's BMW thing
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #47
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Ok, only had the car since Saturday, so maybe something I will get used to.. but....

The top of my foot (toe area) seems to be dragging or getting caught on something when I clutch in. My shoe size is 11.5 so I am surprised that the lower dash is THAT low that my foot is hitting?

I had this issue when I first picked up the car. I installed the BMS clutch stop, changed shoes and adjusted my driving style slightly and it's a non issue now. I think the clutch stop had the biggest impact on my feet hitting that panel
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #48
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the hammer View Post
Hit 5000kms on the 2017M2, couple annoyances. Firstly the seat belt, reaching back for it sucks as I have a bad shoulder. None of my other cars, trucks, SUVs, nor my previous M3 bother me like this one. Every single time I try to reach for the seat belt I have to exceed my range of motion. I end up reaching across with right hand to grab it, which is a pain in the Butt.
Also I cruise with my arm rest slider in the fully forward position, when I park and pull the handbrake the handbrake contacts the arm rest and pops it open. At least my M3 the slider would just slide back when the brake handle hit it.
Also I too end up accidentally hitting top of idrive controller thus putting navigation into position save mode. I manuall shift my DCT using the stick, so might by my jacket dragging across top of idrive controller since its touch sensitive now.
Also being picky now but the Heated seats get too hot on low.
Minor things as car is great to drive.

You can stop the Map from moving into position mode via the touch sensitive pad by removing "map" as an option in idrive settings. That should stop the jacket/hand issue.
Appreciate 1
lpak17.00
      01-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #49
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the hammer View Post
the seat belt, reaching back for it sucks as I have a bad shoulder
Did you consider the Belt holder from the 2 Series? Most strangely (as the seats/headrests do appear the same, minding the trim only) it's not applicable officially, but it might be worth trying.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2017, 04:48 AM   #50
Doji desu
Private
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris

Couple of niggles like the brake backing plate noise but the one thing that I find very annoying is the size of the sunvisors. These things are virtually useless. We are limited in what we can tint on a windscreen so I need to look a bit deeper.

Otherwise loving it more after the first service.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #51
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

Quote:

My size 11's got caught a few times. I came from a car with more space under there and I think I just got sloppy. i haven't noticed it for a week or two and I bet you won't in a little while either.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #52
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

Does anyone else have trouble seeing the odometer row of data on the dash due to the hump on the steering column? I'm not short (about 6'2") and I have the steering wheel adjusted lower than I'm used to and still have to sit up perfectly straight and lean in to see that display. Not a big deal in the big picture, but it did surprise me a bit. I'd love to have that data anchored to the top rather than the bottom.

With all of the car data available via OBCs of various sorts, I'm surprised manufacturers haven't introduced fully customizable dashes with data you want where (and when) you want it. give me a decent developer, the Torque app and a dashboard-shaped web front end, and the world would beat a path to my door....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #53
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Regarding iPhone playback, I've had this issue for years with my previous bimmer. My solution was to create a 5m long silent track, name it so it's at the top of your tracks list. So when it does play you hear nothing until you think, hey, why's it so quiet?
Appreciate 1
M2OG399.00
      01-17-2017, 08:53 PM   #54
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantComplain View Post
Does anyone else have trouble seeing the odometer row of data on the dash due to the hump on the steering column?
It is about the same "hump interference" as the 3 series .
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #55
nszzya
Drive Different
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F15 '17 F87

When attempting to raise the sun visor, it inevitably pops out of the clip and pivots towards my face.

I'm not using CarPlay. I'll be listening to Music Collection. When I restart the car, it loads Pandora.

Last edited by nszzya; 01-18-2017 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: raise not lower
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #56
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nszzya View Post
When attempting to lower the sun visor, it inevitably pops out of the clip and pivots towards my face.

I'm not using CarPlay. I'll be listening to Music Collection. When I restart the car, it loads Pandora.
Yeah my pandora comes on too, usually only when the phone is picking up a wifi signal. When the phone is on LTE, pandora doesn't seem to load as automatically (I prefer it doesn't load automatically).
Appreciate 1
nszzya52.00
      01-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #57
emargul
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Does anyone else have trouble seeing the odometer row of data on the dash due to the hump on the steering column? I'm not short (about 6'2") and I have the steering wheel adjusted lower than I'm used to and still have to sit up perfectly straight and lean in to see that display. Not a big deal in the big picture, but it did surprise me a bit. I'd love to have that data anchored to the top rather than the bottom.

With all of the car data available via OBCs of various sorts, I'm surprised manufacturers haven't introduced fully customizable dashes with data you want where (and when) you want it. give me a decent developer, the Torque app and a dashboard-shaped web front end, and the world would beat a path to my door....
Yes!! This is my first BMW and this has been extremely annoying especially since I am still in my break in period and I keep looking over the hump to see how many miles I have on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #58
nszzya
Drive Different
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F15 '17 F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr View Post
Yeah my pandora comes on too, usually only when the phone is picking up a wifi signal. When the phone is on LTE, pandora doesn't seem to load as automatically (I prefer it doesn't load automatically).
I wonder why it loads automatically over, say, Spotify.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #59
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nszzya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr View Post
I wonder why it loads automatically over, say, Spotify.
Really not sure. It's annoying but really in the scheme of things is not a big deal. I set my favorite Sirius station as one of the numbered buttons on the dash so when pandora connects I just press that button for a quick change.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #60
DragM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (December build)

Quote:

I'm having the same issue with my shoe sometimes catching on something above the clutch. I wear size 13's.
      01-19-2017, 12:51 AM   #61
lpak
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 (MT/AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Ugh, I hear ya! Drives me nuts too. Also, if you are playing music from your i-phone via car play and you hit the "Maps" button on the i-drive it takes you to apple maps which i find to be much worse than the BMW nav. Annoying.
Isn't Apple maps officially defunct ;-)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 12:55 AM   #62
lpak
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
My annoyance: the short stretch of empty road that's available in front of me until a plodding vehicle makes its presence known whereby greatly hindering my fun. This car has turned me into the prototypical douchebag BMW driver and I embrace it.
I think i'm well on my way, especially since reading (and using) traction mode for city driving for extra pop! Although i do still let cars into traffic and stop for old ladies crossing the road, so not there yet!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 12:58 AM   #63
lpak
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:

+1 for height/visibility of dash. Add the the night/day contrast problem probably worse. Still, turning on headlights fixes that so no biggie.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 04:25 AM   #64
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

[QUOTE=lpak;21015564]there are some annoyances
  • Navigation is woeful. Roads that are 5 years old here in Melbourne (eg South Road extension) are missing, names are wrong, maps are wrong, and the path it chooses is not to my level of German efficiency.
  • Voice recognition is woeful
  • the touch pad letter thing is silly, slow, and probably dangerous if used while driving (imho).

I'm in Melbourne and I found Sat Nav significantly better than my 2015 Audi S3 - but not up with Google Maps navigation in terms of live traffic just yet.

Voice recognition (for me anyway) isn strets ahead of the Audi.

Touch pad is not as good as the Audi MMI but the voice control makes it largely redundant. Just say TWO THREE FLINDERS ST MELBOURNE and it takes you to 23 Flinder st. For me it works fine.

Anyway, still getting used to it, will update as i discover new stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #65
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Adding one to the list...
Carplay sucks. As my dealer told me, most people turn it off after a week. I lasted like 4 days. Want my $300 back

Foot no longer sticking when clutching in, as noted, must be something you adjust to (or learn after driving an auto).

I'm confused about the dash comments - where you can't see the odometer. I can't seem to get my seat into a position where this happens. Arms at 10 and 2 with a bend at the elbows right?
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #66
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanshu View Post
Ditto: Speed display is too small, no HU Display
But here we have sunroof, very good

One thing I want to mention is the back sensor, when you finished parking the car, put the gear into "D" drive, it still beep beep beep. Why can't they make it stop when you put to Drive already. I know someone in this forum modified to include a on/off button.
Do this and all your noise will be gone, cheap and easy

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1345311
Appreciate 1
BFLY78.50