BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > New Member!

03-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
jtcsifl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 X7/22 Bronco/23 EQS

New Member!

Was fortunate that my local dealer had a customer back out & want to do a reorder on a MG w/M Performance 2 days before it arrived. He placed a new order with ED. I drove up on 3/18 and saw it & went straight to the Sales Mgr. whom I'm a multi time customer & said "why didn't you call me", knowing the 2 allocations he had were ordered/sold. He said, "I just got it day before yesterday" & he inventoried it as sold so every dealer in FL wasn't calling asking for it.

I wasn't in the market for another car but for the semi-rare M2... He let me drive it and though it was short & had to stay below 4K rpm's I could see some of the allure. I ask a couple of times during the week if he still had it & the final time late Friday night he said it was there when he left the store at 9pm.. I got there at 9am on Saturday morning 3/25 and drove away a couple of hours later. He gave me what most deals would be a small discount but any discount on this car is rare & I got another $2K off for being a USAA member. I'm guessing that what I paid before taxes etc. was probably one of the very best deals out there.

This dealer in FL does have an open allocation that can still be spec'd at MSRP. PM me if you would like to have his contact info etc.
Appreciate 1
jdarwin601.50
      03-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #2
J3STER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW M2

Congrats on the new toy!

I was really lucky to get mine too, literally walked into the dealer to see a m2 they had and it just sold and they told me we have a allocation right now if you would like to order.

Placed the order shortly after arriving in the dealer 9 weeks later the car was here.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Man, you lucked out, congrats. The dealer I bought my m235i from last year had a used M2, but they were selling it for 10k over MSRP. I never bothered even contacting them, and it sold pretty fast.

Edit: welcome to the forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Welcome in, and bloody good timing!
Appreciate 0