BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 ordered today with ZERO problems

07-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #23
le panecito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 (LBB+DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Incorrect, his order is only in the order bank. If his dealer only has one allocation left for the year (this is what it sounds like) and clemsonkev does not get it, he is looking at 1st quarter of next year at the earliest. If clemsonkev gets the allocation he will get a prod number the same day.
Why is everybody on this site so quick to try and prove somebody wrong.

Read up a few posts. He said the dealer said they'd give him a production number shortly, which if true, means they have an open slot.

edit: The reason for my post was to encourage him to get the production number because without one he doesn't have an actual order but is instead on a wait list.

Last edited by le panecito; 07-06-2016 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #24
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by le panecito
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Incorrect, his order is only in the order bank. If his dealer only has one allocation left for the year (this is what it sounds like) and clemsonkev does not get it, he is looking at 1st quarter of next year at the earliest. If clemsonkev gets the allocation he will get a prod number the same day.
Why is everybody on this site so quick to try and prove somebody wrong.

Read up a few posts. He said the dealer said they'd give him a production number shortly, which if true, means they have an open slot.

edit: The reason for my post was to encourage him to get the production number because without one he doesn't have an actual order but is instead on a wait list.
I think you should read the OP's post again.

He clearly states his SA said it'll be 9-12 months out for the car, which means calendar 2017.

And there is not a single dealer anywhere that knows how many or when that far out.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #25
le panecito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
I think you should read the OP's post again.

He clearly states his SA said it'll be 9-12 months out for the car, which means calendar 2017.

And there is not a single dealer anywhere that knows how many or when that far out.
Understood, and evidence clearly points to the fact that he's on a list, but he also CLEARLY STATES that the dealer would give him a production number in a few days. Obviously it's conflicting information so my post was to point out that if in fact he's getting a production number then the only slots available at this time are for July-September builds.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #26
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by le panecito View Post
Understood, and evidence clearly points to the fact that he's on a list, but he also CLEARLY STATES that the dealer would give him a production number in a few days. Obviously it's conflicting information so my post was to point out that if in fact he's getting a production number then the only slots available at this time are for July-September builds.
No worries, I had to read it a few times too. And I'm still not 100%.

Hell, if his dealer can get production numbers that far out ahead though, I'm sure his waiting list is going to grow really, really, really fast haha
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #27
clemsonkev
OOOO another former Audi B5 S4 owner OOOO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Carrera S (sold the M2)

from my CA a short time ago.....

"I have attached the copy of your receipt for your deposit on the M2. I will not have an order number until it is accepted for Production, your's is currently in our Order Bank now and once I have the production number that allows you to track it available, I will forward that over to you!"

One of you experts can read between the lines and weigh in?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #28
nopslide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by le panecito View Post
Spoiler alert: the dealer isn't going to give him a production number in a few days. I went through this 'in a few days' stuff with another dealer too I ended up switching to one that wasnt lying about allocation and got a production number instantly.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #29
nopslide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev View Post

"I have attached the copy of your receipt for your deposit on the M2. I will not have an order number until it is accepted for Production, your's is currently in our Order Bank now and once I have the production number that allows you to track it available, I will forward that over to you!"

Not an expert but honestly it doesnt matter. You said you didnt even want the car until next year. You're not going to get a production number until they have an allocation and assign it to you and the allocations appear to be issued for 3 month production periods.

Personally I would go to another dealer just because the guy is obviously misleading you. Ask him how many people are waiting on allocations at his dealer right now and what position you're in. Also how many allocations did he get last month.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #30
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Let me be blunt, to avoid any confusion whatsoever:

You DO NOT have an allocation

You DO NOT have a guaranteed date for delivery

You DO NOT have a guarantee that it'll even be MY17, could be MY18 along with all its changes and price increase

You gave your dealer a deposit, he put you in his fictional line-up (contrary to popular belief, the list is up to the dealer and they can choose to ignore it if they so please). In order for you to get a production number, and therefore an allocation, the following need to happen:

They need to get allocations from BMW (earliest are now October builds, November deliveries)

They need to give allocations to all the people in front of you in the line

Then, and only then, will you get an allocation, and eventually a production number.

Don't mean to sound like a prick, but that's the reality of buying an M2 right now. Make sure you trust your dealer, have a good relationship with them and most importantly, make sure what spot you are in line.
Appreciate 3
      07-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #31
clemsonkev
United_States
Rep

thanks. I have been a long time customer of Hendrick's (only dealer in Charleston) for many years.

I'm in no rush (other than the steering and auto tranny in this Gran Coupe are BORING) as my lease still has a good 11 months left.

Hopefully my deposit ensures I get one of their M2's next year at MSRP like my paperwork says. If not, my deposit is fully refundable.... and there will be GT350's and ZL1's to cross shop. But it sounds like BMW will be making plenty of M2's and not limit them like they did with the 1M's.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #32
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
But it sounds like BMW will be making plenty of M2's and not limit them like they did with the 1M's.
The car is sold our for 12 months already...some places in Europe for 18...

They're not limiting to a set number like the 1M, but have severe limitations in production capacity at the plant.

For some interesting info, check out respucci's thread with the MY16 numbers. Some days at the plant only ONE -- A SINGLE ONE -- M2 was made.

PS: good that you have a relationship with those guys. I always make sure to ask because that's really your biggest deterrent from getting screwed over.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 03:15 PM   #33
le panecito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopslide View Post
Spoiler alert: the dealer isn't going to give him a production number in a few days. I went through this 'in a few days' stuff with another dealer too I ended up switching to one that wasnt lying about allocation and got a production number instantly.
There's nothing more annoying than getting the run around - just set the expectation and tell me what the situation really is. Glad to hear you were able to get a production number!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #34
le panecito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
No worries, I had to read it a few times too. And I'm still not 100%.

Hell, if his dealer can get production numbers that far out ahead though, I'm sure his waiting list is going to grow really, really, really fast haha
I'd hate to be on a list at this point. The wait for the previous round of Jul-Sep allocations nearly killed my patience.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #35
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:

You're on a red carpet waiting list in my opinion. If they had an available allocation you'd have a production number.

I think the deposit just took you out of "tire kicker" status, and move you into "actual buyer" status.

Now they just need actual allocations for their Que of "actual buyers".
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #36
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT with the great MPE

Quote:
With all the talk of limited allocations, dealer markups, etc. I thought I would stop by Hendrick's at lunch today.... even though my 435i Gran Coupe lease isn't up for ~11 months.

The CA told me they had ONE SLOT left for 2017. (Either I was lucky or was a pitch to get my $1k deposit). But since there was ZERO dealer markup, I went ahead and priced out my MANUAL SHIFTING model and took out my credit card.

I only wish I could get the backup camera w/o the full exec package, but went ahead and selected it (we don't need heated steering wheels here in SC!). I didn't opt for the DRIVERS PACKAGE, but the CA told me I could still get the car at the performance center. Really?

CA is thinking the car might take 9-12 months to bake. Really?

Anyone here with experience know how my lease PULL FWD option would work should the M2 be ready before my lease is up?

thanks in advance.

BTW, I stopped by Palmetto Ford on the way just to see if they had a GT350 on the show floor. They did actually. Sure enough: dealer markup of $19,995 right next to the sticker! Bah, hum bug!
The problem is not to order it, the problem is to finally get it !

I've ordered a MY16 last December and I'll get a MY17 with a $2,000 price increase in Canada absolutly for nothing, we do not get anything more than in MY16. It is supposed to be build on July last week, but I'll beleive it when I'll see it in my driveway...

WOW, a GT350 with a dealer markup of $19,995 !!! Dealers whi sell over the MRSP should be boycott !!!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #37
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

For the record, Hendrick AG doesn't charge more than MSRP so you'll get whatever MSRP is at the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #38
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

To the OP, I hope you get your car,whether it's sooner or next year. In my not so secret scouring for sales info on the M2, I ran across Hendrick BMW. They had an M2 (as you may have known already). I was thinking about driving down there to try to get it, I even spoke to someone online and left my number. Needless to say I never heard from them, and the car was gone very fast. It was selling a MSRP.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #39
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev
thanks. I have been a long time customer of Hendrick's (only dealer in Charleston) for many years.

I'm in no rush (other than the steering and auto tranny in this Gran Coupe are BORING) as my lease still has a good 11 months left.

Hopefully my deposit ensures I get one of their M2's next year at MSRP like my paperwork says. If not, my deposit is fully refundable.... and there will be GT350's and ZL1's to cross shop. But it sounds like BMW will be making plenty of M2's and not limit them like they did with the 1M's.

With a whopping 713 models delivered to the US for model year 2016... ( that is LESS than the 740 1Ms delivered in 2011) you Might want to hold off on the " not limited " talk.

BMW is not specifying a number, but like the 1M, the M2 absolutely has production limitations.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 05:29 PM   #40
clemsonkev
United_States
Rep

well, with 11 months to spare, I'm confident my deposit will score me an M2 from Hendricks next year.

If not, I'll find something fun in the 45-60k range. GT350, ZL1, used M3. Might even find a lease to assume (like I did w/ this Gran Coupe and a Merc SUV a few years ago) from someone desperate to get out of it.....

Hell, maybe the forthcoming M340i surprises us.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 05:52 AM   #41
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
well, with 11 months to spare, I'm confident my deposit will score me an M2 from Hendricks next year.

If not, I'll find something fun in the 45-60k range. GT350, ZL1, used M3. Might even find a lease to assume (like I did w/ this Gran Coupe and a Merc SUV a few years ago) from someone desperate to get out of it.....

Hell, maybe the forthcoming M340i surprises us.
I suspect with 11 months you'll be fine, I am not sure I would put all of my eggs in one dealers basket. I have been in the order bank with a dealer in California since January and still have nothing, fortunately I worked with a total of 5 dealers and one came through with an allocation for a Labor Day week build. Of course you list some great options the new ZL1 is going to be pretty sick but the ergonomics of the Camaro depress me, I had a 69 when I was a kid so I really would love to have the modern interpretation but it is the most uncomfortable car on the market. I lust over the GT-350 for the sound alone, I heard one in person a few weeks ago and it sounds like nothing I have ever heard. Supply will be tight for some time on those cars but they are very cool.
Best of luck
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 09:04 AM   #42
Imola3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mk.7 Golf R

I don't know why someone would get on a list where the dealer says it'll be a year+ for a car. I placed my deposit the other day, I'm number 4, and 2 of the people infront of me already have production numbers with builds in progress. Not saying it'll take that long for you OP but I've seen other people on here say that's what their dealer told them.
      07-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #43
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
This would worry me... this says they either don't really have an allocation yet for you (and just expect to get one) or you are fairly low on their list. 12 months from now will almost be to MY18. I don't think dealers even have allocations out that far. Therefore, all of their current allocations are sold and you are simply on a list for a future allocation.

Regardless, hoping things go smoothly and they aren't messing with you
Yeah unfortunately he is most likely correct, without a production number or an actual copy of an order sheet you just put yourself on a waiting list. I just ordered my M2 about a month ago and I have a production number and order sheet. Car is expected to go into production in August
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #44
clemsonkev
United_States
Rep

Likely. But again, this Gran Coupe lease isn't up until this time next year. So as long as my M2 is ready Jan-July 2017 I should be fine.
Appreciate 0