BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > PCD last week

12-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
Dmarcen
Private
Rep
Drives: TBD

PCD last week

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to throw some thoughts up on my experience last week at the performance center.

I will start with the fact that this is a must do experience if you have never done it before. Every facet of service was exceptional from transportation from the airport, the marriott staff, everyone at the performance center (particularly Rachel), and the downtown greenville area is just such a nice area to beat around when you have free time.

I took delivery last Wednesday for my LBB M2 w/ quite a few performance parts. (winglets, kidneys, side grills, mirror caps, stainless steel pedals) I did make a request that since I had not seen a LBB M2 in person, if any way I could not have a LBB demo to drive around. Just wanted the first LBB M2 I saw to be mine... kinda crazy I know. Rachel at PC emailed and said they would see what they could do but they knew I would see a LBB around the lot. So when we pulled up to the PC, they had placed my M2 as the first car in their showrooms, so that mine was the first I saw! Really went out of their way to think creatively how to make grant my request!

From there the tutorials were great. I have some videos of the wet laps, hot lap and X5 track that I will try to post later. The wet track and the hot lap were just thrilling! So much fun. I do wish that we hadn't have done the driving track as our first exercise, because since I have not had much experience in this car at all, I felt that I didn't get to maximize the track experience. Was just trying to get my feet wet, and we kept holding up the other two guys getting their M2s. I mean I thought we were driving fast, but not as aggressive as the other two in our group haha.

The last point I wanted to throw in is that I had Xpel installed by Extreme Colors in Greenville, and Doug and his staff are just great! They are the nicest guys, and take the time to make you feel comfortable and ensure you know exactly what and why you are getting. I had the highway package + headlights + rockers + larger protections in front of the rear wheels. As I mentioned above, I do have winglets, front and back, on my m2, so Doug and team had to work directly w/ the PC to ensure they applied Xpel correctly on the winglets. They also added a few small decals for me w/o any charge. Just great all around!

Took a ride along the blue ridge parkway up to asheville on my way back from the Clemson area, and it was such a great ride. Unfortunately, just outside of Asheville, the parkway was closed for some reason so we had to take interstate the rest of the way. :-(

Few pics below, and will try to get some videos up from the PC exercises. Still waiting for my CF Spoiler to arrive from ModeCarbon, getting close to 6 weeks wait on the order, and then have the M perf stripes to put on front grill and change out the orange reflector for painted from IND when I get the spoiler. So few updates still to come.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
luvmybmmr305.00
BAN_M2C4180.00
F87LUV3689.00
      12-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Congratulations!
      12-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
chalbs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Sentra -> 2017 MG 6MT M2

Awesome post! Looks like a blast. I'm doing PCD on 1/11/17 and can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Congrats! I will be doing a similar trip once I pick up mine. I'll be heading to Lexington from Spartanburg and am planning on heading up to Asheville, down blue ridge parkway to the tail of the dragon and then up the foothills parkway. Any other trails you went on that you would recommend?
      12-12-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
Dmarcen
Private
Rep

So we went from clemson up thru balsam grove to get on the parkway. The drive up and thru balsam grove was really fun. Highly recommend the drive up to Asheville from this Area. Like you I had planned on driving from Asheville up to the snake around Boone. However, 15 miles outside of Asheville the parkway was closed and seemed to be a long term closure since there was a metal sign posted 10 miles before stating the road closure. There really wasn't a way to get around the closure except almost all the way up at the viaduct. So really put a dampener on our trip. Had to do a lot more interstate than expected. Depending on when your delivery is maybe it will open back up. But the parkway closes a lot during the winter months
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcen View Post
So we went from clemson up thru balsam grove to get on the parkway. The drive up and thru balsam grove was really fun. Highly recommend the drive up to Asheville from this Area. Like you I had planned on driving from Asheville up to the snake around Boone. However, 15 miles outside of Asheville the parkway was closed and seemed to be a long term closure since there was a metal sign posted 10 miles before stating the road closure. There really wasn't a way to get around the closure except almost all the way up at the viaduct. So really put a dampener on our trip. Had to do a lot more interstate than expected. Depending on when your delivery is maybe it will open back up. But the parkway closes a lot during the winter months
I will add that to the list! I don't plan on having my car much sooner than next summer based on where I am on the wait list. Hopefully by then they will have opened it back up. Thanks again.
      12-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #7
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 991.2 Porsche GT3, BMW E46 M3

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Congrats!!! Best color!!
      12-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #8
coaxial
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: On Order 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcen View Post
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to throw some thoughts up on my experience last week at the performance center.

I will start with the fact that this is a must do experience if you have never done it before. Every facet of service was exceptional from transportation from the airport, the marriott staff, everyone at the performance center (particularly Rachel), and the downtown greenville area is just such a nice area to beat around when you have free time.

I took delivery last Wednesday for my LBB M2 w/ quite a few performance parts. (winglets, kidneys, side grills, mirror caps, stainless steel pedals) I did make a request that since I had not seen a LBB M2 in person, if any way I could not have a LBB demo to drive around. Just wanted the first LBB M2 I saw to be mine... kinda crazy I know. Rachel at PC emailed and said they would see what they could do but they knew I would see a LBB around the lot. So when we pulled up to the PC, they had placed my M2 as the first car in their showrooms, so that mine was the first I saw! Really went out of their way to think creatively how to make grant my request!

From there the tutorials were great. I have some videos of the wet laps, hot lap and X5 track that I will try to post later. The wet track and the hot lap were just thrilling! So much fun. I do wish that we hadn't have done the driving track as our first exercise, because since I have not had much experience in this car at all, I felt that I didn't get to maximize the track experience. Was just trying to get my feet wet, and we kept holding up the other two guys getting their M2s. I mean I thought we were driving fast, but not as aggressive as the other two in our group haha.

The last point I wanted to throw in is that I had Xpel installed by Extreme Colors in Greenville, and Doug and his staff are just great! They are the nicest guys, and take the time to make you feel comfortable and ensure you know exactly what and why you are getting. I had the highway package + headlights + rockers + larger protections in front of the rear wheels. As I mentioned above, I do have winglets, front and back, on my m2, so Doug and team had to work directly w/ the PC to ensure they applied Xpel correctly on the winglets. They also added a few small decals for me w/o any charge. Just great all around!

Took a ride along the blue ridge parkway up to asheville on my way back from the Clemson area, and it was such a great ride. Unfortunately, just outside of Asheville, the parkway was closed for some reason so we had to take interstate the rest of the way. :-(

Few pics below, and will try to get some videos up from the PC exercises. Still waiting for my CF Spoiler to arrive from ModeCarbon, getting close to 6 weeks wait on the order, and then have the M perf stripes to put on front grill and change out the orange reflector for painted from IND when I get the spoiler. So few updates still to come.
Do you have any close up photos of the Rocket and the rear wheel well xpel that you could share?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #9
silverlude
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks for getting me pumped! My PCD is tomorrow and apparently I'm the only one taking delivery tomorrow. Hopefully that equals more track time! Will be heading to Asheville after too, so thanks for the tips!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 07:30 PM   #10
Dmarcen
Private
Rep

Enjoy!!!
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2016, 07:56 PM   #11
chalbs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Sentra -> 2017 MG 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlude View Post
Thanks for getting me pumped! My PCD is tomorrow and apparently I'm the only one taking delivery tomorrow. Hopefully that equals more track time! Will be heading to Asheville after too, so thanks for the tips!
Let me know how everything goes and if there are any good roads up in Asheville that you hit. I'm doing PCD in January and headed to Ashville for 3 days until I make the trek down to FL!
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #12
piesauce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 | BMW M3 | 6MT

Dmarcen How much did it cost for the Xpel wrap? And how long did they need the vehicle to do it?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

Can't wait for April 12th. Having Extreme Colors do the same "highway" package for me. They said I can drop off the afternoon I get the car and should be back on the road by 1-2pm the next day.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #14
clemsonkev
OOOO another former Audi B5 S4 owner OOOO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Carrera S (sold the M2)

Xpel installed by Extreme Colors in Greenville....

how much did that run?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #15
ej25lol
Rep
Drives: 135i

Great write up! Looks like you had a blast.
Appreciate 1