BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MY BSM ///M2 6MT Mod Journal...The Empire Strikes Back

10-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #243
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BAN View Post
Get better soon! Concentrate on that buddy, I have not been able to walk away from a couple accidents so I know the feel.

That is why, without knowing you, I felt identified and compelled on writing.

Im just glad to see another fellow enthusiast breathing after having a hefty accident. You will heal and the car will be better than before.
Thanks for the kind words bro...Been in literally 20+ fender benders, but this was the first time I feared for my health, even my life. Crazy we all drive such fast cars both in a straight line and around turns, and it's when we're stopped at red light or just cruising through an intersection that we deal with stuff like this...

I'm a horrible driver but days like today remind me a lot of people are much worse lol...But thanks again man, I need the cheering up.
      10-08-2016, 04:18 AM   #244
Glounk
First Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 6mt MG

Happy to see you alive after this man, and with no irreversible injuries....... hope the other driver is ok too.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 06:53 AM   #245
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Please stop saying I'm shaming you, where did I say the car was totaled? I obviously saw you outside you're car fine so why would I ask when I saw you? You drive reckless it's that simple.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #246
WFS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Dam, I just came back to see the update, horrid to see the pic but glad to hear you are ok.

Cars can be replaced, people can't.

Recover well and get back to it! We want 10's!!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #247
firestarter2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: NA

That sucks is this accident 2. Bad luck dude. Get her fixed. if you have been in 20 your might need to look at how you drive.

Last edited by firestarter2; 10-08-2016 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #248
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
Please stop saying I'm shaming you, where did I say the car was totaled? I obviously saw you outside you're car fine so why would I ask when I saw you? You drive reckless it's that simple.
1st off u couldnt have seen me bc wen i wss put in the ambulance the flat bed wasnt there for another 20 mins according to my girl. And IF did see me you saw me in a neckbrace on a stretcher with blood on my clothes...
Do I drive reckless? Yea i do not proud of it...i put myself and others at risk anf im trying to and have been calming down...of all the accidents 90%+ i was not driving reckless, many times im careless not paying enough attention...Yesterday I was stopped a a red light maybe inched up too far but a 60 year old woman stepped on it to make a yellow light according two witnesses behind her. she also had bad eyesight....Last accident i caight on video whicj i posted here and was deemed 10% fault bc i was in the car.

Either way u never comment on my thread nrver talk to me recently buy something tragic hsppens, there u are w a camera...not texting to me or checking on ne or ssking what happened but posting it on my journal. Sorry if i get the wrong idea but it feels like it almost made u happy in a way.

i practically consider your family my family so sorry dude but thst post got me mad upset especially bc it was the first thing i saw i released from 4 hrs in ER. Just imagine it the other way around. Simple as that bro.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #249
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

You admit you're a bad driver with obviously little skills. You pay no attention to the road and to the world around you. You put yourself and other people at risk. You've said that in this very thread.

And yet all you could do was add more power to an already powerful RWD sports car. All you can do is probably short-shift on a drag strip and last but not least, install ricer tire letters.

I am glad that you're OK, but wake the fuck up and get your shit together. Grow up already, for God's sake.
      10-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #250
HawaiiG80Green
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Hope all is well with you buddy. Drive safe always. Wondering how someone beating the red light would plow into you unless you speeded taking off once the light turned green.

Lets all be careful guys. Recover well buddy! The car will be back in no time.
Appreciate 1
JTO245282.00
      10-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #251
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Damn, sorry to see the accident, glad you are well. Be safe.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #252
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasevo9 View Post
Hope all is well with you buddy. Drive safe always. Wondering how someone beating the red light would plow into you unless you speeded taking off once the light turned green.

Lets all be careful guys. Recover well buddy! The car will be back in no time.
This.

I hope you recover soon, I see you are getting reprimanded above but I think it's through tough love. Glad you are OK!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #253
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I usually avoid entertain the bashing seen above but without starting a war Ill simply set the record straight... In 17+ years of driving only fast cars (sub 13 sec 1/4s) ALL of my accidents with the exception of 1 have been slower speed crashes cauused by me being disracted (ALWAYS at moderate to slow speeds in those cases), another driver fault, drunk, distracted textc, and even one case that was the actually the direct result of an equipent failure. A good example is the last accident which I happened to record from multiple angles on various go pros, I posted the video on here as I would if i caught the event on Sat.

On a side note of the 15 or so fender benders/crashes since 2001, 13 have happened in the last 3 years since a series of tragedys have burdened me, one of which as some of you know was my younger brother of 2 years/business partner and probably also my best friend unexpectedly died when he rolled his new Audi A6 countless times at a high rate of speed (which FYI was VERY unlike him...) So to make it clear this weighs heavily on my actions every day especially when getting behind the wheel, of a 4000lbs missle...I've had close friends burned alive in cars, and a friend in a vegative state to this day due to motorcycle crash in which he was not fault as well as countless sites other horrible events, so my point is no one understands and respects vehicles and there danger more than I do...

That being said my driving record in the fast few years is undeniable...horrible to say the least, I make no excuses, only explainatons (yes there is a difference) ....5 substantial accidents in less than 2 years, only 1, arguably 2 the fault of the other party...Obviously something is a Rye....Since some follow my journals and I've even become friends with some local members of this forum I feel obligated to be honest and forthreight as to reasons why.

The full reasons are some what unclear to me but there are a few factors which clearly have caused this pattern and these are in no particular order....1, I have and have always had SEVERE ADHD, simultaneously a high IQ, and I'm what many would call a thinker or day dreamer. While this alone doesnt justify or explain the events in recent history the following affects and results of these life long behavioral traits will..Since the passing of my brother and two other close family memyers, and 2 more close friends, obviously I've been more distracted but I've also been medicated as well...Depression, lack of focus, lack of energy, trouble sleeping, stress are all things I've personally been dealing with and treated for, and while I take the Meds as prescribed and all are on the mild side, combined it's hard to believe they don't adversely affect my reaction time, and judgement. One example is the low dose seroquel I take for sleep as needed. Obviously I don't drive within 12+ hrs of taking it but I've caught myself extremely spacey driving to work the next day.

Another factor that COULD contribute is the enormous amount of driving I do on a daily basis. I bought my 2011 e92 M3 with approx 15k miles on it and totalled it (actually due to a supposedly seized engine combined with the massive book value depreciation due to the next generation F series M3/M4) ONLY 1.5 Years later with almost 70k miles..Now IDK the DOTS stats on driving but I'm guessing over 50k miles in a year is above average for most people in 2-3 years, mind you 1...So this clearly provides more road time to be in the wrong place, wrong time , or flat out bored and thus the possibility of being distracted...

Lastly the M3 and more so the M2 while not the fastest cars I've owned, inspired the most driver confidence...Not only with spirited driving but with safety features like lane departure warning or fronatal collision assist and automated braking on top of the car handling like it's on rails while at the same time being extremely comfortable and having tons of tech to keep you distracted, this added a top my prior possible explainations is just one more possible reason why my 13 year impeccable driving record has come to an embarrassing, public, depressing, expensive and potentially dangerous end...

All I can say to anyone who's bored enough to still be reading this post is it all the twisted beautiful German sheet metal and and flow-smashed aluminum racing wheels the only thing hurt (aside from my injuries a few days ago) was my devastated ego and reputation as being a rather skilled driver....

All this being said, while I may take the cake for most accidenthings the last 2 years, almost every member has and will have some crashes, especially a group on enthusiasts who pay thousands of dollars for 20 extra horse power yet have never spent a day at a drag strip or track (myself included)....

To the individual who decided he knows me well enough through probably skimming a few recent posts on a car forum to instruct me to "grow up" , I'd just like to clarify that I can do a lot more than put lettering on tires, and making completely unrelated and irrelevant personal attacks on my personal taste is rather childish in my opinion. Then commenting on adding performance to my car, as if that somehow caused or exacerbated the accident? You clearly didn't read what happened....

To the other poster about not understanding how her rushing get through a yellow light maybe I was acceleration fast when my light went green, firstly thank you for the kind words previous, secondly I was at a red light, at a local intersection that is notoriously dangerous and also knowneed for its extremely long red or wait times. After waiting what felt like 10 mins at red light to make a left (even getting hooked at from the person behind me) I moved forward and back in an attempt to trigger the sensor than inched forward admittedly way to far attempting to see passed a double park truck while I contemplated going through the light or simply making a right... I inched out slowly and a elderly woman with thick glasses in a 90s Ford Ranger Aka tank , who should've seen the front of my car for 5-10 seconds before I saw her came through the intersection at what I'd guess was 50-55 mph, and with about 75 feet ahead and a wide empty lane on her left, no attempt to to stop or swerve were made and she spun me at least twice...Not blaming her, she had the right of way and I pulled out apparently too far, simply correcting you and recalling what happened as aI remember...

Hopefully someone actually read this and maybe has a bit more understanding, but I had some time and after the attacks and misinformation I had to at least defend myself a little bit here and make it clear I was not racing or texting and driving or driving drunk...

Not tickets were issued and basee on the police and witnesses no fault was determined, and let's just say this was a mile from my homexperience and the police arent my biggest fans...

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC,

Damage was very isolated and a somehow seemed any major structural damage was avoided... So some new suspension. Inc my H&R springs..carbon hood,..bumper w carbon lip, possibly One eighty NYC custom headlights....A chance to refinish wheels and switch to A/s tires install my VRSF 7" FMIC , and BMS Meth kit I received yesterday...also my 35shot progressive shot, Cry02 Co2 intercooler sprayer, water FMIC sprayer, VRSF hard piping , JB4 EQG WIRES so I can finally HOLD more than 16psi....

Considering painting the car BSM, but immediately wrapping it LAGUNA SECA blue, my all time favorite color and refinishing the wheels a slightly lighter grey or a subtle bronze...somehow turn lemons into lemonade...

Pics later of the car and FMIC, Meth, No2, Co2, and 4 channel kicker 600w amp + Audio Control 7 chanoel LOC, line driver, crossover to power the door speakers...

In the meantime I'm a rest my fingers after maybe the world recordo longest forum post.

Thanks to everyone else that gave there blessings BTW I'm healing quickly
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #254
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power View Post
I usually avoid entertain the bashing seen above but without starting a war Ill simply set the record straight... In 17+ years of driving only fast cars (sub 13 sec 1/4s) ALL of my accidents with the exception of 1 have been slower speed crashes cauused by me being disracted (ALWAYS at moderate to slow speeds in those cases), another driver fault, drunk, distracted textc, and even one case that was the actually the direct result of an equipent failure. A good example is the last accident which I happened to record from multiple angles on various go pros, I posted the video on here as I would if i caught the event on Sat.

On a side note of the 15 or so fender benders/crashes since 2001, 13 have happened in the last 3 years since a series of tragedys have burdened me, one of which as some of you know was my younger brother of 2 years/business partner and probably also my best friend unexpectedly died when he rolled his new Audi A6 countless times at a high rate of speed (which FYI was VERY unlike him...) So to make it clear this weighs heavily on my actions every day especially when getting behind the wheel, of a 4000lbs missle...I've had close friends burned alive in cars, and a friend in a vegative state to this day due to motorcycle crash in which he was not fault as well as countless sites other horrible events, so my point is no one understands and respects vehicles and there danger more than I do...

That being said my driving record in the fast few years is undeniable...horrible to say the least, I make no excuses, only explainatons (yes there is a difference) ....5 substantial accidents in less than 2 years, only 1, arguably 2 the fault of the other party...Obviously something is a Rye....Since some follow my journals and I've even become friends with some local members of this forum I feel obligated to be honest and forthreight as to reasons why.

The full reasons are some what unclear to me but there are a few factors which clearly have caused this pattern and these are in no particular order....1, I have and have always had SEVERE ADHD, simultaneously a high IQ, and I'm what many would call a thinker or day dreamer. While this alone doesnt justify or explain the events in recent history the following affects and results of these life long behavioral traits will..Since the passing of my brother and two other close family memyers, and 2 more close friends, obviously I've been more distracted but I've also been medicated as well...Depression, lack of focus, lack of energy, trouble sleeping, stress are all things I've personally been dealing with and treated for, and while I take the Meds as prescribed and all are on the mild side, combined it's hard to believe they don't adversely affect my reaction time, and judgement. One example is the low dose seroquel I take for sleep as needed. Obviously I don't drive within 12+ hrs of taking it but I've caught myself extremely spacey driving to work the next day.

Another factor that COULD contribute is the enormous amount of driving I do on a daily basis. I bought my 2011 e92 M3 with approx 15k miles on it and totalled it (actually due to a supposedly seized engine combined with the massive book value depreciation due to the next generation F series M3/M4) ONLY 1.5 Years later with almost 70k miles..Now IDK the DOTS stats on driving but I'm guessing over 50k miles in a year is above average for most people in 2-3 years, mind you 1...So this clearly provides more road time to be in the wrong place, wrong time , or flat out bored and thus the possibility of being distracted...

Lastly the M3 and more so the M2 while not the fastest cars I've owned, inspired the most driver confidence...Not only with spirited driving but with safety features like lane departure warning or fronatal collision assist and automated braking on top of the car handling like it's on rails while at the same time being extremely comfortable and having tons of tech to keep you distracted, this added a top my prior possible explainations is just one more possible reason why my 13 year impeccable driving record has come to an embarrassing, public, depressing, expensive and potentially dangerous end...

All I can say to anyone who's bored enough to still be reading this post is it all the twisted beautiful German sheet metal and and flow-smashed aluminum racing wheels the only thing hurt (aside from my injuries a few days ago) was my devastated ego and reputation as being a rather skilled driver....

All this being said, while I may take the cake for most accidenthings the last 2 years, almost every member has and will have some crashes, especially a group on enthusiasts who pay thousands of dollars for 20 extra horse power yet have never spent a day at a drag strip or track (myself included)....

To the individual who decided he knows me well enough through probably skimming a few recent posts on a car forum to instruct me to "grow up" , I'd just like to clarify that I can do a lot more than put lettering on tires, and making completely unrelated and irrelevant personal attacks on my personal taste is rather childish in my opinion. Then commenting on adding performance to my car, as if that somehow caused or exacerbated the accident? You clearly didn't read what happened....

To the other poster about not understanding how her rushing get through a yellow light maybe I was acceleration fast when my light went green, firstly thank you for the kind words previous, secondly I was at a red light, at a local intersection that is notoriously dangerous and also knowneed for its extremely long red or wait times. After waiting what felt like 10 mins at red light to make a left (even getting hooked at from the person behind me) I moved forward and back in an attempt to trigger the sensor than inched forward admittedly way to far attempting to see passed a double park truck while I contemplated going through the light or simply making a right... I inched out slowly and a elderly woman with thick glasses in a 90s Ford Ranger Aka tank , who should've seen the front of my car for 5-10 seconds before I saw her came through the intersection at what I'd guess was 50-55 mph, and with about 75 feet ahead and a wide empty lane on her left, no attempt to to stop or swerve were made and she spun me at least twice...Not blaming her, she had the right of way and I pulled out apparently too far, simply correcting you and recalling what happened as aI remember...

Hopefully someone actually read this and maybe has a bit more understanding, but I had some time and after the attacks and misinformation I had to at least defend myself a little bit here and make it clear I was not racing or texting and driving or driving drunk...

Not tickets were issued and basee on the police and witnesses no fault was determined, and let's just say this was a mile from my homexperience and the police arent my biggest fans...

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC,

Damage was very isolated and a somehow seemed any major structural damage was avoided... So some new suspension. Inc my H&R springs..carbon hood,..bumper w carbon lip, possibly One eighty NYC custom headlights....A chance to refinish wheels and switch to A/s tires install my VRSF 7" FMIC , and BMS Meth kit I received yesterday...also my 35shot progressive shot, Cry02 Co2 intercooler sprayer, water FMIC sprayer, VRSF hard piping , JB4 EQG WIRES so I can finally HOLD more than 16psi....

Considering painting the car BSM, but immediately wrapping it LAGUNA SECA blue, my all time favorite color and refinishing the wheels a slightly lighter grey or a subtle bronze...somehow turn lemons into lemonade...

Pics later of the car and FMIC, Meth, No2, Co2, and 4 channel kicker 600w amp + Audio Control 7 chanoel LOC, line driver, crossover to power the door speakers...

In the meantime I'm a rest my fingers after maybe the world recordo longest forum post.

Thanks to everyone else that gave there blessings BTW I'm healing quickly
Seems like you are being introspective. Hope you recover quickly and thank you for posting your build thread - its a good read and a very cool car.

Not that you care or asked for my opinion, but given all that you outlined in the post above, maybe you would benefit from a more benign daily driver and reserve your performance cars for the track.

I found that when I started daily driving a less performance oriented car (Q5 3.0T) and reserved my M3 for as many track events as I could schedule, I became less aggressive on the street and a much better/safer driver from the skills developed with seat time on track.

As an aside, you can go more hardcore on performance mods if your fun car is primarily a track toy. In addition, you will have a more comfortable daily driver for the long miles and won't have to absorb as much mileage-dependent depreciation on the more expensive M car (or value loss from accidents/damage on the street).
Appreciate 3
JustChris17608.50
DrKevM52282.50
DKX4///M759.00
      10-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #255
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
I Just got out of the Hospital,because a 60 year old woman plowed me at 50+ mph trying to beat a yellow light while I sat at the red light at the end of Bell Ave.....I spun 2 times and had to kick the door to get out.
Sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon, man. In the end cars are just scrap metal - don't get scrapped too.

Quote:
a series of tragedies have burdened me, one of which as some of you know was my younger brother of 2 years/business partner and probably also my best friend unexpectedly died when he rolled his new Audi A6 countless times at a high rate of speed (which FYI was VERY unlike him...) So to make it clear this weighs heavily on my actions every day especially when getting behind the wheel, of a 4000lbs missle...I've had close friends burned alive in cars, and a friend in a vegative state to this day due to motorcycle crash in which he was not fault as well as countless sites other horrible events, so my point is no one understands and respects vehicles and there danger more than I do...
That's very sad to hear. In your situation, maybe give the idea a thought to get behind the wheel of a low performance car. Not because I challenge your competence to drive high performance cars, but because it ain't worth for you and others to die or get injured in a car accident. I got a couple of cars and like to drive my smallest car with the lowest hp too: always a humbling experience to be reminded how powerful high performance cars are, as well as to the fact that, under certain circumstances, things can go very wrong with high performance cars.
      10-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #256
JDMAF
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i 6MT xdrive, 2015 STi

new to this forum and hoping to get into an M2 in Feb. I've read this thread and found it interesting from the standpoint of what the OP has done to the car and also the human standpoint. I must say the advice given above seems really quite good and rather than flaming the OP the posts have been pretty constructive. I cant help observing that there is a disturbing pattern developing with increasing the ferocity of the car and increasing the severity of the accidents.

To the OP I hope you recover fully and completely, both from the physical accidents and the tragedy of your brother's loss. I think its a good time while you and your car are mending to take a time out and think about how to break this destructive trend. Mental health is not so easily maintained as we go through life and encounter all the crap thats thrown at us. And it sounds that a lot has been thrown at you. Don't overlook your own mental health - there are professionals who can help. Seeking help doesnt mean your crazy - just self aware. Wishing you the best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 03:22 AM   #257
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAF View Post
new to this forum and hoping to get into an M2 in Feb. I've read this thread and found it interesting from the standpoint of what the OP has done to the car and also the human standpoint. I must say the advice given above seems really quite good and rather than flaming the OP the posts have been pretty constructive. I cant help observing that there is a disturbing pattern developing with increasing the ferocity of the car and increasing the severity of the accidents.

To the OP I hope you recover fully and completely, both from the physical accidents and the tragedy of your brother's loss. I think its a good time while you and your car are mending to take a time out and think about how to break this destructive trend. Mental health is not so easily maintained as we go through life and encounter all the crap thats thrown at us. And it sounds that a lot has been thrown at you. Don't overlook your own mental health - there are professionals who can help. Seeking help doesnt mean your crazy - just self aware. Wishing you the best of luck.
Agreed 100% with the last 3 or 4 previous posts. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Obviously losing my car is very depressing ( and obviously expensive , embarrassing, not to mention dangerous , thank God no one's been hurt.

Using the time to perfect the symbiosis of adding the Co2, progressive NOX system, Meth, I/C, piping, ewg wires, and possibly a new tune. I'd do them individually (smart way so I could isolate and fix problems more easily) but this way allows me to do a really neat and professional looking, reliable setup)..

I'm told 3 weeks until it's done, I even have most if not all the major parts already and I'm allowed access to the car to install my new Mods while it waits....so 3 weeks should be an interesting butt dynamic, considering I expect about up to an extra 150whp, decibel hike (exhaust and stereo) and illuminuted gas purges for show.?

Stay tuned, next up Bav speaker upgrade and RF 1000w+ 5 chqnnel amp install , maybe external 12 band EQ and Audio Control brand DSP which is getting great reviews....Also time for major unique complete fuel system upgrades I've been designing. Poss a system capable of running large % of ethanol without damage to system....stick around

And thanks again...
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4197.00
      10-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #258
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Intercooler Sprayer Test

Taking this downtime to wire and test some unique but effective mods I oredered b4 last sat...

HERES DEI'S Cry02 C02 I/C Sprayer....

Also installing water sprayer to wet I/C while spraying with compressed c02...Studies and indepedent reviews have showed 50*F + drops in IAT's...This system will be installed on my new 7" VRSF I/C and VRSF I/c Piping...
      10-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #259
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
New Mods

Some serious power addition, ordered a few weeks ago...Installing and working out kinks while car is getting some body work...

BMS Methanol Kit CM7 (May Upgrade to CM10 Nozzle to better protect from addition of NOX, also may be plumbed into the fuel side of the NX Express wet N02 solenoid and and an inline fuel pump added(incase included BMS Pump fails)

VRSF 7" Front Mount Intercooler and Piping

Independent Intercooler Water sprayer to be used in conjunction with DEI Cry02 Intercooler Sprayer, (may add second 16"x5" sprayer for reverse side of I/c for more een cooling)

NX EXpress EFI Wet Shot. .32 N02 Jet (35 HP Jet), Fuel provided by independent fuel system, 100% Ethanol Friendly 5gal Fuel Cell with inline ethanol friendly pump, lines, level sensor. or additional Meth/Water plumbing also with independent pump.
Attached Images

Last edited by DKX4///M; 10-16-2016 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 07:51 AM   #260
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Nitrous on a N55?

For all the naysayers out there that will undoubtably be screaming, " NOS will blow automatically blow up engine!." (And Im sure there will be no shortage) M, you're def 1/2 right...Without understanding , experience, respect, and a less is more attitude nitrous could easily damage ir destroy your motor....

However ve run probably over a hundred botttles (500lbs) of NOS on 2 of my cars without a hiccup bc I did countless hrs of research and info efore I even considered it...

THE FACT is Many experienced tuners have used small shots of Nitrous Oxide on the N54/N55 with great success. From my research traditionally a 35hp wet shot has shown around 100whp gains when used properly, and supplementary fuel and safeguards are in place.

Firstly the JB4 has an empty pinout to be used as the ground for the NOS solenoid....The software itself, smoothly integrates Meth scaling and Nitrous timing...WOT, Min/Max RPM window, Min Ignition Retardation, lowered boost level (Probably max around 16-17psi), Min AFR all are required for the Nitrous solenoid to open. The JB4 also times the Meth to make sure it has ample time to reach the engine before NOS is activated and also even can prevent it from being activated in 1st gear. and a ngive it a narrower RPM Window in 2nd..

Because of the expensive nature of repairs if damage occurs I'm being extra careful by installing a 100% independant E100, Metah, Race Gas safe back-up fuel system (From 10gal fuel cell, lines, in line fuel pump, etc) in case Meth fails while NoS is in operation or car is running high boost. a Wideband O2 Sensor (Adaptive for Meth as well as ethanol) will also be put in place of the unused 2nd O2 sensor in the VRSF Downpipe, anything approaching a lean mixture will immediately shut down NX Express system.
Attached Images

10-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #261
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
For the best Meth + JB4 support you should ask / read on n54tech.com
Thats their dedicated forum and even I am there

IG: @bmwF9XG80
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #262
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
For the best Meth + JB4 support you should ask / read on n54tech.com
Thats their dedicated forum and even I am there
I have been since your first recommendation weeks ago. That;s actually how I found out about the pin out for the N02;s ground activation...

Consensus among experts Ive read/heard thus far is the cold IATs (co2 + water i/c spray, methanol), Fuel volume + Quality (93AKI + Meth, 110-115 Octane, LPFP, addtional fuel from wet system)...And the small <35hp N02 shot would be overkill to the point a healthy timing advance will be fine, and I will prob even create a rich afr, which is ok w me for short burst and superior to running lean or trying to tune such an untunable platform to get it closer to where it should be...

If its too rich, afr correction will prob come from physical changes, ie smaller fuel getting, raise boost slightly, scale back meth...

Im getting ahead of myself now...using my downtime to study the ins and outs of the n55 ignition system, fueling, and electrical systems while I physically install 5 solenoids (C02, C02 Purge, N02, N02 Fuel supplement, and Meth Solenoid...Along with 2 resevoirs, Meth, water i/c mist, a 4 toggle switch with purge button...The FSU, EWG and N02 trigger wiring, and the 3 relays Im going to use to control all this crap which should make the systems safer, more reliable, and a neater install...
      10-17-2016, 10:53 PM   #263
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

You need help

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 11:22 PM   #264
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel