BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Who is still buying?

12-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #199
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

i've put my name on 3 wait lists and am getting an alpine white. have an estoril blue 328 right now and i just didnt want 2 blue cars in a row (car before the 328 was a white a4...)

ive rotated between white cars for 11-12 years. had a white G35 coupe when they came out and sold it after a year (got in an accident, and it was not a very good car for me at the time) but i think the m2 could be my chance to relive my white coupe 23 year old life!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 12:18 PM   #200
Davem001
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB 6MT SS Full Leather

Number 3 on the list

I am number 3 on my dealers list. Will be ordering LBB, Manual whenever I can.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #201
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot
Pricing and seeing it in person will be the deciding factors.

If it is close, I think I will jump up to the M3 now. My gut feeling is that it isn't that "special" like the M3/M4 are in looks and mystique. Of course, those are the thoughts from some pics only.

Seats look greasy and right outta the normal 235.
Pep boys style side vents that appear NON-functioning. ABSOLUTE HORSESHIT!
no M mirrors.
wow, same brake caliper color from the F8x. Wow...thoughtful!
I am really surprised that it has quad exhaust with how little they did to differentiate from the 235..
Stupid black wheels. Are these the exact wheels from the F8x? Why not offer the silver ones too? Or just didn't want to pay designers to come up with new wheels. Or maybe they fired too many designers because of the M4 GTS wheels that they had to take what they had on the shelf.

I am actually a little pissed.
The side vents are also just for show on the AMG cars.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #202
gap
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Any idea when the car will be reviewed by the press, searched but found nothing.
ER CP, Forge DV, Wagner FMIC, PE, Maddad Mid, ER Sports OC, BMS OCC, RB Check Valve, AFE intake, Cobb AP3- Stage 1+ drive, BMW SS, PS Springs, Yellow Koni external, M3 Control Arms F & R, M3 Strut Brace, M3 Sub Bushing, Rouge Toe, Dinan Camber Plate and Rear Shock Mts., E93 M3 front sway bar, Mfactory Diff, Arc 8 PSS 235/40/18-265/35/18
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #203
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Any idea when the car will be reviewed by the press, searched but found nothing.
Most likely towards the end of January
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #204
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Most likely towards the end of January
February for the first main press event, and local press can drive the car in March and April

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #205
gap
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thanks, can't get here too soon.
ER CP, Forge DV, Wagner FMIC, PE, Maddad Mid, ER Sports OC, BMS OCC, RB Check Valve, AFE intake, Cobb AP3- Stage 1+ drive, BMW SS, PS Springs, Yellow Koni external, M3 Control Arms F & R, M3 Strut Brace, M3 Sub Bushing, Rouge Toe, Dinan Camber Plate and Rear Shock Mts., E93 M3 front sway bar, Mfactory Diff, Arc 8 PSS 235/40/18-265/35/18
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #206
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
i've put my name on 3 wait lists and am getting an alpine white. have an estoril blue 328 right now and i just didnt want 2 blue cars in a row (car before the 328 was a white a4...)

ive rotated between white cars for 11-12 years. had a white G35 coupe when they came out and sold it after a year (got in an accident, and it was not a very good car for me at the time) but i think the m2 could be my chance to relive my white coupe 23 year old life!
Are allocations not out yet in the US? I wonder how many are also on multiple lists that once people start getting assigned will make slots available very very quickly.

I can see a frenzy of activity around Jan time might it be when allocations are advised.

It might be the same in the UK still I think buy my dealer was pretty sure they knew they would only get 4 per year.
      12-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #207
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris The Manx View Post
Are allocations not out yet in the US? I wonder how many are also on multiple lists that once people start getting assigned will make slots available very very quickly.

I can see a frenzy of activity around Jan time might it be when allocations are advised.

It might be the same in the UK still I think buy my dealer was pretty sure they knew they would only get 4 per year.
Probably not as many as you hope. Ask yourself how many people are on the M2 forum, then how many are buying the car, then how many are on a list, then how many are on multiple lists.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #208
hans007
Major
Rep

Quote:

i'm sure theres tons of people on multiple lists. but i looked into buying a m235i last year and it was near impossible to get even 6-9 months after unless you ordered it.

a friend of mine actually bought one and she had to order it and wait 3-4 months and didn't get her car until may or so... and the car had been out a year. only got maybe $500 off sticker.

like i don't think this will be an easy to buy car for a while, 228s and 235s still aren't very common on the lots and with the new X1 out (and also made at leipzig) you are competing with every upper middle class housewife buying her first $32k BMW for plant build slots.

so yeah,... get on those lists people just in case. I told the dealers I just wanted one by next summer and was being careful just in case. in the LA market i'm guessing you better be on a list for the 9-12 months especially if you don't want your car loaded with options (which is what i want, jus tthe rumored base and DCT probably)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #209
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
i'm sure theres tons of people on multiple lists. but i looked into buying a m235i last year and it was near impossible to get even 6-9 months after unless you ordered it.

a friend of mine actually bought one and she had to order it and wait 3-4 months and didn't get her car until may or so... and the car had been out a year. only got maybe $500 off sticker.

like i don't think this will be an easy to buy car for a while, 228s and 235s still aren't very common on the lots and with the new X1 out (and also made at leipzig) you are competing with every upper middle class housewife buying her first $32k BMW for plant build slots.

so yeah,... get on those lists people just in case. I told the dealers I just wanted one by next summer and was being careful just in case. in the LA market i'm guessing you better be on a list for the 9-12 months especially if you don't want your car loaded with options (which is what i want, jus tthe rumored base and DCT probably)
OK, will do.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 01:34 AM   #210
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007
Quote:

Wow surprised about that in the US for M235is, you can pick these up ready built in the uk.
      12-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #211
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

I am interested in LBB, DCT, M Performance Suspension and Exhaust. So, I guess I am looking at 60 K$ MSRP.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #212
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Wow surprised about that in the US for M235is, you can pick these up ready built in the uk.
They are here as well now. It depends on what part of the country you're in. California has plenty of M235i's available.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #213
erichighley
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1, i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007
Quote:

Hey! You take that back! My wife is just as entitled to her X1 as you are to your M2. It's a great little SAV, and I'll have you know, final MSRP was closer to $50k so it's no slouch in the wallet department.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 05:10 PM   #214
hans007
Major
Rep

Quote:
now you probably can, if you look around. i've been looking around Los angeles based dealerships and maybe you will see 1-2 2 series on the lot, and a lot of them are already waiting for delivery. a year ago it was basically some dealers might have 1 loaded 235 on the lot.

and for most of 2014 it was very,... you must order your car and get in line.

had another friend order a 235, only to have it be damaged beyond repair in shipping after 6 months of waiting for allocation and delivery, and the dealer felt so bad for him they leased him an M3 close to invoice (when at the time it was a great deal)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #215
hans007
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichighley View Post
Hey! You take that back! My wife is just as entitled to her X1 as you are to your M2. It's a great little SAV, and I'll have you know, final MSRP was closer to $50k so it's no slouch in the wallet department.

yeah i think its absolutely a great SUV. great packaging, and if you are an SUV driver you probably arne't gonna care if its RWD or longitudinal. and they will sell like crack in los angeles.

i mean its a luxury, well built, nice looking, relatively good mpg practical car with some brand cache. and its relatively cheap... $35k msrp you are probalby tgetting a more than decently equipped one.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #216
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Do you think we will have details soon for North America? Canada?

I can't wait to confirm my choice!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 11:29 AM   #217
BKBMW335I
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
I'll take one as soon as (if) it comes out as a convertible. The close up picture of the LBB is lovely - much better than I expected.
A woman after my own heart!!
Mods: MHD Stg 2, xHP Flashtool Stage 3, VRSF 3" Chargepipe, Megan 4" Downpipes, Pure N55 Inlet, Outlet, VSRF 5" Stepped Intercooler, GFB Diverter, BMS N55 Intake, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, CF Spoiler, CF Kidney Grille, CF Mirror Covers, CF Eyelids, CF Wheel Hub Covers, CF Diffuser, M Sport Racing Strip, 20% Tints, and Golf Tee Mod
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #218
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I am in, I am not a fan of the colors but I can live with LBB, I plan on going DCT but it will be mostly a base car. I am on a list with my local dealer, I am guessing my car won't be here till late fall of next year but depending on the allocation they get it may be summer.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #219
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Do you think we will have details soon for North America? Canada?

I can't wait to confirm my choice!!!
Expect details in mid January after the Detroit Auto Show announcement. My dealer tells me that will have order information in February.
Appreciate 1