BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Long time listener, first time caller...new CS owner in NY

12-07-2023, 01:13 PM   #23
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Congratulations. We'll see if you can stick to those upgrades alone . I planned to keep mine completely stock.
Completely stock cs's bring bigger dollars, modified cs's bring bigger smiles...

12-07-2023, 05:34 PM   #24
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
Completely stock cs's bring bigger dollars, modified cs's bring bigger smiles...

Haha, feel you there…but I do a lot of carpentry as well (too many hobbies), and one nice thing about working on cars vs woodwork…everything can go back to the way it was

Honestly, think aside from the winter wheels and potential back box, not sure what else this car “needs” to be perfect IMO…maybe DPs and a tune once I roll off warranty, but I don’t think it’s necessary as I never felt like this little thing needed more power. TBD but that’s my gut for now.

See myself more likely snagging something else less special, less rare, and pulling that apart and having some fun while the CS stays nice and pristine. Would love to mess with an E46 again, or E90 V8…something higher miles and just get my “modding itch” out on that. Only time will tell…but for now, CS, an 1840 house restoration and 2yr/3wk old consuming every minute of free time…good problem!
Appreciate 1
M3R12218.00
      12-07-2023, 06:31 PM   #25
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Perfection can be such a subjective term to use sometimes

I knew getting my F87 I would’ve tuned it as I wasn’t a fan of the de tuning from the other F8x. I intentionally hunted for a comp and non CS because I knew I’d be slapping on coilovers and doing so reminded me of how sublime this chassis can be when pushing it.

I could yap on about all the other stuff I’ve done but I’m more curious to see any other additions you have planned for your car.

As much as people say to leave a CS stock, it’s your car not mine, do what makes you happy and not anyone else as your smiles is all that should matter.
Appreciate 2
NPTM390.00
M3R12218.00
      12-07-2023, 08:13 PM   #26
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPTM View Post
Haha, feel you there…but I do a lot of carpentry as well (too many hobbies), and one nice thing about working on cars vs woodwork…everything can go back to the way it was

Honestly, think aside from the winter wheels and potential back box, not sure what else this car “needs” to be perfect IMO…maybe DPs and a tune once I roll off warranty, but I don’t think it’s necessary as I never felt like this little thing needed more power. TBD but that’s my gut for now.

See myself more likely snagging something else less special, less rare, and pulling that apart and having some fun while the CS stays nice and pristine. Would love to mess with an E46 again, or E90 V8…something higher miles and just get my “modding itch” out on that. Only time will tell…but for now, CS, an 1840 house restoration and 2yr/3wk old consuming every minute of free time…good problem!
The cs is a riot stock, don't get me wrong. It can be even better though.

Enjoy it! I know I am....
F87EVO4062.50
      12-07-2023, 09:30 PM   #27
Syed///M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C 6Mt

Congrats!! Enjoy it in good health!

I just bought a misano blue also but no CCbs. Someone recommended carbotech 1521 pads for street use since brake dust sucks on steels. I wonder if anyone has any experience with those pads?
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4062.50
      12-07-2023, 09:35 PM   #28
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Congrats. Another very similar spec here (minus the CCBs). I would have held out for CCBs if I had known how bad the brake dust looks on the gold wheels.

Best car I’ve ever owned. Enjoy it!
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4062.50
      12-08-2023, 06:06 AM   #29
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed///M View Post

I just bought a misano blue also but no CCbs. Someone recommended carbotech 1521 pads for street use since brake dust sucks on steels. I wonder if anyone has any experience with those pads?

Couple threads out there on alternate pads in this section. I'm running the hawk ceramics pads on the steel rotors and it's pretty great on dust overall. Get more "dust" from the initial rust sheen after a wash of the car then from the next 200-300 plus miles.
Appreciate 2
M3R12218.00
      12-08-2023, 06:39 AM   #30
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Couple threads out there on alternate pads in this section. I'm running the hawk ceramics pads on the steel rotors and it's pretty great on dust overall. Get more "dust" from the initial rust sheen after a wash of the car then from the next 200-300 plus miles.
I'd probably pick one of the pads that makes it easy to swap to a track pad. Ferodo, carbotech, etc. I plan to run the carbotech 15xx for street. I use the XP12 for track and I have a set and a half so no plans to switch soon. The XP12 doesn't have quite the feel I'm looking for on track, but they don't fade. They dust lower than stock so I've been running them in the street. If they didn't squeak like hell I'd run them all the time. I'll swap to the street pads when I've got nothing better to do
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2023, 08:41 AM   #31
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
I'd probably pick one of the pads that makes it easy to swap to a track pad. Ferodo, carbotech, etc. I plan to run the carbotech 15xx for street. I use the XP12 for track and I have a set and a half so no plans to switch soon. The XP12 doesn't have quite the feel I'm looking for on track, but they don't fade. They dust lower than stock so I've been running them in the street. If they didn't squeak like hell I'd run them all the time. I'll swap to the street pads when I've got nothing better to do
I've been swapping back and forth with the Pagid yellow the last two years with no issue. Just do a quick re-bed and away we go.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 11:35 AM   #32
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed///M View Post

I have had these on my car since August 2022. I cant say for sure that I was the first to run these, however at the time there was no threads about them. These were popular with the corvette community, many had posted good results on the forums over there. I figured I would give them a try.

I can say with certainty that they are a significant reduction in dust over stock. I would say at least 85-90% less.
      12-08-2023, 03:44 PM   #33
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Congratulations. We'll see if you can stick to those upgrades alone . I planned to keep mine completely stock.
What did you creep into after the “mod bug” hit you? This car doesn’t need much help but it’s really wakes up when you “encourage it” haha
      12-08-2023, 07:06 PM   #34
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPECABL View Post
What did you creep into after the “mod bug” hit you? This car doesn’t need much help but it’s really wakes up when you “encourage it” haha
I'm curious as well...
      12-08-2023, 07:18 PM   #35
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

It started small. PPF and window tint. A little cover for the charge cooler, then a bms clutch stop, then cdv delete along with an auto solutions ask. Track connect kit for the cup2 connects.

That was it.

Then a good deal came along for an Akra link pipe and exhaust.

Finally done.

Then a set of Akra catless downpipes and a couple conversations with Enabled.

Then maybe a set of 19" wheels to run track tires would be nice..

18" CSR wheels, adjustable lower control arms, sway bar, camber plates a bunch of Track/S parts for the brakes and chassis, end links, solid bushings, rear toe arms. Oh, and 380mm paragon rotors up front

Next will most likely be some OGShark Elec-Tron coilovers and some more Track/S parts.

Then I'm going to try to run 5 to 10 track days a year.

My guess is that when all is said and done I'll have put $115k to $120k into the car. (Including the car).
My goal is making it an epic DD/track day car. Meet my targets for performance goals and still be able to go to Costco with the kids in their car seats.

It's a beast already. Absolutely bonkers how useful this car is and then how quickly it can be out on track running very respectable times within a very quick crowd.
      12-08-2023, 07:43 PM   #36
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Agreed on the dual personality - albeit seemingly no compromises on the main personality I want this car to have (spirited driving). I feel most cars that try to accomplish many goals are masters of none…the CS bucks that trend, while layering in some of the comforts, conveniences and technology that 99% of us want for everyday driving on normal roads. Think I’ve said this 20x already in my one week tenure on this forum, but my love affair with this car is unlike any other…and I’ve owned a lot!

Funny thing is, I usually don’t join forums because I don’t own cars long enough to justify it - so, exhibit A, this thread haha!
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4062.50
      12-08-2023, 08:04 PM   #37
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Yeah, this car really floats my boat. I have experience taking a DD too far towards track. This one is pretty easy to find a good balance. The camber plates clunk a little, which I don't like. I'd swap those out already if it weren't for the future suspension upgrade.

Really glad I did the solid mounts on the tension arms. The rear toe arms helped immensely on the rear end squirm under acceleration and braking.

I will say that the grip on the 295 square setup is ridiculous and addictive. I run the stock 245/265 on the street.
      12-11-2023, 07:53 AM   #38
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

medphysdave glad to see you're getting the chassis sorted out suspension wise at it gets very rewarding I agree.

I normally do 255/275 street and track I go 255 all around as I realized square setups after nice on track. You got me at the 295 square lol. I figured the most rubber I'd tuck up front would be 285 as I do like the quick turn in on this chassis though I'm also curious which tracks do you enjoy this setup on the most. (My curiosity de railing this thread ✨️)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 07:58 AM   #39
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
medphysdave glad to see you're getting the chassis sorted out suspension wise at it gets very rewarding I agree.

I normally do 255/275 street and track I go 255 all around as I realized square setups after nice on track. You got me at the 295 square lol. I figured the most rubber I'd tuck up front would be 285 as I do like the quick turn in on this chassis though I'm also curious which tracks do you enjoy this setup on the most. (My curiosity de railing this thread ✨️)
I've only had it out on one track so far. Carolina Motorsports park. I'd like to expand that at some point to VIR and Barber. I love the way the car handles right now. The chassis transitions nicely and the grip takes a lot to get used to. It may be the larger front bar working well with this tire setup. I was at -3.2 front camber and -1.8 in rear. I need more camber both front and rear, but I think I'm overwhelming the stock suspension. My guess is once the suspension gets sorted I won't need as much front camber.